Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lets talk survival missions and stuns/stagger

peq42

1) Enemies do not drop enough life support on high levels. Twice now I struggled with keeping life support above 20% even when killing over 1500 enemies in 30min(Steel Path MOT).

2) Having everyone and their mom invading me every 3 minutes is painful(Again SP MOT)

3) Fix Malice. That THING makes me fly for half a minute when it shows up, and at high levels it takes some time to kill it, which means I fly for 30s, FINALLY go back down, do a bit of damage and repeat like 3-4 times. This isn't fun, its annoying.

I don't know why, but the other Void survival mission, Ani, has no problems with spawns and keeping up life support is way easier. That mission also doesn't even spawn nullifiers or bombards, just the basic bich other enemies upto heavy gunners. The spawn problems really do seem mission specific.

Life support drop rates in SP survivals have always seemed to be a bit low. 

You can take the same build and solo a Mot fissure with no problems but, even with 4X spawns in a solo SP Mot and way more kpm you can struggle. It really feels like DE lowered drop rate on life support in SP. Sometimes it's fine but other times you go hundreds of kills with no drops. Feels like the reduced the drop chance to compensate for increased spawns but with a super low drop chance rng can just screw you. 

survivals topic is a whole another level of can of worms , DE repedeadly f^ed up the spawns this past year for the sake of less kuva gains and because of some macro users , but still its redeemeble ; remove macros entirely and introduce a proper  updated spawn system into the game , solely for survivals or for all(would prefer the latter of course)   

Yes , yes 'not teh majority enjoys it mode' but for the people that sank more than 2k hours into the game  , chances are they are here because of this mode exists so ..  

You nerf the kuva farms all year along its fine , but its not fine when you break whats already messy aka godforsaken broken spawn mechanics in this game. 

2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Life support drop rates in SP survivals have always seemed to be a bit low. 

You can take the same build and solo a Mot fissure with no problems but, even with 4X spawns in a solo SP Mot and way more kpm you can struggle. It really feels like DE lowered drop rate on life support in SP. Sometimes it's fine but other times you go hundreds of kills with no drops. Feels like the reduced the drop chance to compensate for increased spawns but with a super low drop chance rng can just screw you. 

iirc , one of the features they added to the anti-afk strategies was that if youre sitting in one spot or even a general open spot youll get lesser and lesser life support drops from the mobs not tied to your kps (i kind of tested myself , i was constantly getting more drops whenever i was moving for more than 20 minutes but whenever i was sitting in one spot even though i was having higher kps , life support drops were lower , khora wasnt involved or an lot frame),they want us to roam around like a chicken with a head cutt off (unless you pick khora and dont care either way ehm) .. well that wouldnt be too bad except that heavily narrows down the frame picks especialy for solo players .  

Regardless , im really tired of anti-survival implementations to this game over the couple years , if you dont want us to loot or test our powers just say it DE.

On top of, as others have already pointed out, something being clearly wrong with your strategy and/or tactics... shouldn't SP Mot be, you know, a bit of an actual challenge anyway? If the very last SP node didn't give some players some trouble and forced them to rethink their approach, then what would be the point of Steel Path?

12 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

iirc , one of the features they added to the anti-afk strategies was that if youre sitting in one spot or even a general open spot youll get lesser and lesser life support drops from the mobs not tied to your kps (i kind of tested myself , i was constantly getting more drops whenever i was moving for more than 20 minutes but whenever i was sitting in one spot even though i was having higher kps , life support drops were lower),they want us to roam around like a chicken with a head cutt off (unless you pick khora and dont care either way ehm) .. well that wouldnt be too bad except that heavily narrows down the frame picks especialy for solo players .  

Regardless , im really tired of anti-survival implementations to this game over the couple years , if you dont want us to loot or test our powers just say it DE.

Even if the mechanic you described is actually in the game (sounds more like confirmation bias to me), it's still perfectly viable to stay in a single room, if you know how to pick an actually good room and you have actually good kps to benefit from the optimized enemy influx. From my experience with SP Mot, it sounds like you tested your powers... and failed.

2 minutes ago, ebrl said:

On top of, as others have already pointed out, something being clearly wrong with your strategy and/or tactics... shouldn't SP Mot be, you know, a bit of an actual challenge anyway? If the very last SP node didn't give some players some trouble and forced them to rethink their approach, then what would be the point of Steel Path?

Even if the mechanic you described is actually in the game (sounds more like confirmation bias to me), it's still perfectly viable to stay in a single room, if you know how to pick an actually good room and you have actually good kps to benefit from the optimized enemy influx. From my experience with SP Mot, it sounds like you tested your powers... and failed.

not saying one cant do it , im just saying 'comparably'  , if you kill 10 mobs per seconds of course its gonna not be distinctable much. and the thing im saying is a bit of speculation , but it is true that they fundementally changed the spawn mechanics in survivals it was in one of their patch notes , but not the life support drop and moving around rooms relation . 

20 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I've had no issues with anything in SP MOT or acolytes. 

Maybe it's time to take a look at your build instead of blaming the game?

My build is a Kuva nukor(Fire) fully upgraded with 3 primed mods, Madurai, Inaros Prime with roar on his 3rd basically immortal(have had 0 deaths in the mission), carrier prime with more damage than you and Hirudo with a riven to ensure I kill enemies within 1s and never stop being full health.

Seems good enough? I've solo'd all of steel path with it

Also, how is the drop of LIFE SUPPORT related to my gear? Do I need to play nekros on every survival? Can I not have freedom to play whatever frame I want?

Cause again, I had no difficulty killing enemies what so ever, they simply didn't drop life support enough

15 hours ago, ebrl said:

Life support cannot be 100% of the challenge, it should be 50% at max.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DarkEvoluti0n said:

i mean if u are bad at soemthing then try something new but if u wont then  i dont understand the problem

Pretty much mate. His problem was that he wasn't killing them quickly enough therefore not dropping enough life support. It is one of those unfortunate situations where "git gud" actually applies.

Archived