Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

is it possible to report or be reported for leeching/being afk

Question

you can if you like...but personally, i wouldnt drop a dime on someone whos just afk...unless maybe its for a *very* extended amount of time, and to be honest...i woundlt bother reporting afks at all really. you dont know whats going on...maybe they had to use the bathroom...or had to answer a phone call, maybe their mouse died and theyre trying to fix it....whatever.

the point is...if its a public match...and not some sort of long hour+ endurance run....just finish the mission and go, its not worth worrying about.

hace 1 hora, cha0sWyrM dijo:

you can if you like...but personally, i wouldnt drop a dime on someone whos just afk...unless maybe its for a *very* extended amount of time, and to be honest...i woundlt bother reporting afks at all really. you dont know whats going on...maybe they had to use the bathroom...or had to answer a phone call, maybe their mouse died and theyre trying to fix it....whatever.

the point is...if its a public match...and not some sort of long hour+ endurance run....just finish the mission and go, its not worth worrying about.

I think mostly the same.

As It is not a competitive game like LOL, Dota2 ....; Just play for fun, If you are not having fun in that game cause some people is not playing as you think, having internet problems (some of AFK could be about that, as some people enter high ping host for error, as DE server thought It was a good one), REAL life problems....

If someone don't like to join random squads, just build a good warframe, good weapon and play alone or find people that you feel ok while playing (many players do this, more than anyone could thought)

EDIT: have you ever change window to Chrome or Mozilla when game is loading and you started searching something on internet, on warfram.market or even on warframe forums and you forgot about the game itself?? (It happened to me a few times, most of them on open worlds due to my potato PC)

Edited by lhardy

I would be very careful about who I would call a leech.  If his warframe just sits there and doesn't do anything, I'd say yeah.  But you can have somebody who is just really incompetent or maybe playing the particular mission for the first time and getting lost somewhere in the tileset, or maybe his warframe may not be as fast as yours. 

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Napoleon Bonaparte

1 hour ago, XTROPrime said:

But you can have somebody who is just really incompetent or maybe playing the particular mission for the first time and getting lost somewhere in the tileset, or maybe his warframe may not be as fast as yours. 

I was playing ESO the other day and there was a guy who would enter the zone, immediately find an out of the way corner and hide there for 2.5 minutes.  Then, after the rest of us jumped through to the next zone, he would follow us in.  There is absolutely no conceivable explanation for his behaviour except that he was deliberately leeching off of the rest of us.  After 4 zones when I noticed what was happening, he had 3 kills.  I told him in chat to stop AFKing or I would leave.  We went into zone 5 and he did the exact same thing.  At the end of zone 5, the other active player and I didn't advance, but Mr. AFK jumped through anyway.

It didn't feel worth reporting, but it was annoying none the less.  I'll happily carry a weaker player as long as they are trying, but I won't carry someone who is actively trying to leech off of my effort.

• Like 1

enter the zone, immediately find an out of the way corner and hide there for 2.5 minutes.

Yup,  I would call that a leech.  And if he or she was trying, I'd cut them a break. Went you are learning, you start out incompetent and weak.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

Went you are learning, you start out incompetent and weak.

Like I said, I'm happy to carry weaker players and will share my builds, give advice (if asked) and never complain about reviving them if they get downed. 

I still remember my first time in ESO and was thankful for the guy that helped me get through zone 8, gave me some advice/encouragement and didn't give me a hard time for using a Slowva.