Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

area control bounty

war_framer_2017

Just now, Serafim_94 said:

On Deiomos it's allright, because it is much smaller. POE, on the other hand, can be failed even with Mesa.

Another step would be to stop enemies who are still on dropships from affecting the control meter.

that's what you call a fix. I'm just asking for a band aid like all the other thousand band aids in this game. Nothing special 

It's not exactly about the area size (and certainly not about nuke frames), it's about enemies spawning in completely unrelated areas that are somehow being counted for area control %. After a while, you hit the spawn cap with every single enemy spawned hiding in some place that is simply unreachable from the area you need to defend. This happens a lot in Plains of Eidolon because a lot of the eligible spots for these missions sort of overlap with massive caves, and it's just impossible to cover both at once (sometimes it's impossible to even reach the caves without abandoning the mission area and automatically failing it).

1 minute ago, Serafim_94 said:

Another step would be to stop enemies who are still on dropships from affecting the control meter.

Now with this I disagree very strongly - destroying dropships as quickly as possible is the easiest way to keep control up.

an easy fix for this would be for enemies to become highlighted through terrain and walls after a set amount of time, so if you struggle to find them, and they don't give away their position,  they eventually get shown to you (but you still have to kill them). highlighting only applies during the control phase and stops happening afterwards.

1 минуту назад, ebrl сказал:

It's not exactly about the area size (and certainly not about nuke frames), it's about enemies spawning in completely unrelated areas that are somehow being counted for area control %. After a while, you hit the spawn cap with every single enemy spawned hiding in some place that is simply unreachable from the area you need to defend. This happens a lot in Plains of Eidolon because a lot of the eligible spots for these missions sort of overlap with massive caves, and it's just impossible to cover both at once (sometimes it's impossible to even reach the caves without abandoning the mission area and automatically failing it).

Now with this I disagree very strongly - destroying dropships as quickly as possible is the easiest way to keep control up.

They aren't in combat. They have no business affecting the meter - yet they are THE reason for it going down. 2 or 3 ships casually flying above you, or, god forbid, getting stuck? Say goodbye to your control. And dropships are intentionally made tankier to NOT be shot down. The only thing they do is encourage Mesa use, because her aimbot hits the passangers ignoring the ship anyway.

10 minutes ago, ebrl said:

13 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Dude......Killing dropships will still prevent enemies from getting into the zone... 

No enemies in the zone = no control loss.   What is your problem exactly?

52 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

They aren't in combat. They have no business affecting the meter - yet they are THE reason for it going down. 2 or 3 ships casually flying above you, or, god forbid, getting stuck? Say goodbye to your control. And dropships are intentionally made tankier to NOT be shot down. The only thing they do is encourage Mesa use, because her aimbot hits the passangers ignoring the ship anyway.

Leaving the obviously bugged missions aside, if dropships are screwing you over so hard, you have a lot of problems to solve before you have anything meaningful to add to this discussion.

If it helps a bit, I made sure to stop killing enemies when the percentage shoots up & hits 100%, waiting for it to start falling while looking for enemies to shoot. That way (Similar to life support use in Survival) there will be enemies in plain sight to kill as soon as I see it fall.

• It does fall pretty quick when it starts, so I can understand the urgency in keeping enemies under control. It may be I happened to have a small abundance of enemies, but I only worried about the task at hand, so I didn't think about that part.

I tried it last night with Garuda (Leveling her / weapons), and leveling Bonewidow a little near the end of it a tiny bit (Only if there's enough % left to spare), and it worked in my attempts. Granted, everyone has different sets of equipment, so I'm not sure what loadout you were using most recently on the bounty. But I hope that idea helps a bit :)

Yep, seen tons of threads complaining about same PoE bounties and even made some myself but seems its more important to release new content than finish the previous. 

I had to resort to buying Augur Secrets because I got fed up of the broken bounties ruining my game, and before that I had a strict policy of not buying anything I can get by playing. But since this was technically not obtainable by playing due bugs and design, I made an exception. 

21 час назад, ebrl сказал:

Leaving the obviously bugged missions aside, if dropships are screwing you over so hard, you have a lot of problems to solve before you have anything meaningful to add to this discussion.

I really don't need "git gud" advices from somebody who doesn't even know how bounty functions.

On 2021-01-15 at 3:36 PM, Serafim_94 said:

I really don't need "git gud" advices from somebody who doesn't even know how bounty functions.

Theres always some of those "git gud" people commenting on the threads, which is crazy in these situations where you have clear bugs in the game. 

I agree that game doesnt need to be any easier but keeping the game buggy for sake of difficulty is just ridiculous. 

Same thing in fissures which have bugs and other problems outside players control, still theres people defending them. 

How about we just FIX these problems and then make it legit harder if need be. 

Archived