Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New warframe suggestion. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

LillyRaccune

During TennoCon, DE showed new frames to us for their long term plan. I'm looking forward to the lizard frame. I hope it gets sticky "gecko" feet, if it crouches it can move freely on the walls and ceiling.

Spoiler

i caanotttt breathe star trek GIFUnlikely as it may be, but it's still my dream :crylaugh:

Back on topic! I wanted to suggest a new warframe based on Chinese culture. I think continuing the trend of making content for our fellow players overseas is good form. I was thinking of:

• Wu Gang (simplified Chinese: 吴刚; traditional Chinese: 吳剛; pinyin: Wú Gāng).
  • In his quest for immortality, after learning the method for eternal life he gave up trying to master it. As punishment he was sent to the moon to chop down a self-healing tree. (source:wikipedia>"fourth version")
  • If the legends are true, he is still on Lua cutting down a tree! I think that's the best place to start searching for this warframe.
Spoiler

Please don't say "we already have Nezha and Wukong". I get it.

What suggestions do you have for a new warframe? Mythology, superhero, idea, inspiration? For example Limbo is a mathematician that specializes in quantum metaphysics. I totally wouldn't have gotten that from observing his abilities, but that inspiration for him is incredible!

Suggested format:

• Idea (or name)
  • Origin (or what started your idea)
  • Backstory (or other important details)

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Still waiting for werewolf frame. We have mummy frame, ghost frame, and vampire frame. Where is werewolf frame? 

Either

A.) DE doesnt like dogs/wolves

B.) Theyre waiting to get better equipment to give him a quadruped animation

C.) Idfk

Tbh i thought a ghost warframe would never happen till it did, i love wisp and frost so much that ive deciced to keep atleast 1 of them as a specter to have in missions with me 24/7 lol. Ive been rather content with it

Garuda is delicous to play too

Inaros still boring. I used to like his sandstorm ability till i realized that really doesnt help you do anything. His 2 is pain, 4 is a little fun, 1 is meh. Lots seem to agree

Hopes still out for the werewolf tho. I just dont know how im going to choose between playing wisp, frost, or the wolf 😂 

I want warframes with themes that are closer to animals. Owl, Tiger, Bear, Wolf, Maybe even close to a Shark.

These warframes dont have to be known for doing something no other warframe can, just known for their resemblance to their theme.

Bear warframe could be simular to chroma and tankiness with horrifying offensive abilities. Like a charge attack that deals loads of damage, large bleed procs, and the ability to draw in loads of aggro from the enemy

Owl could be like the snow owl. It could have abilities for silent & stealthy flight, deadly single target damage, a way to see enemies better than they can see it like making some sort of ring of darkness that only affects enemies, etc

Tiger Deals high burst damage to enemies that havent targeted it for a while, is granted periods of near complete invisibility where enemies have to be really close to notice you, Get extra speed for a short amount of time using the old stamina bar mechanic

It could be cool. These warframes could b just as strong as other warframes, just different

1 hour ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I want warframes with themes that are closer to animals. Owl, Tiger, Bear, Wolf, Maybe even close to a Shark.

These warframes dont have to be known for doing something no other warframe can, just known for their resemblance to their theme.

Bear warframe could be simular to chroma and tankiness with horrifying offensive abilities. Like a charge attack that deals loads of damage, large bleed procs, and the ability to draw in loads of aggro from the enemy

Owl could be like the snow owl. It could have abilities for silent & stealthy flight, deadly single target damage, a way to see enemies better than they can see it like making some sort of ring of darkness that only affects enemies, etc

It could be cool. These warframes could b just as strong as other warframes, just different

I like this a lot. Very neat. They'd also be appeasing their furry player base quite a bit. 

21 hours ago, heloHello said:

Maybe a newly invented warframe, using new technology rather the old methods of creating them. No concrete ideas on stats/skills, but it would probably be obtained in a quest series centered around its creation.

So I ended up getting some inspiration from another post:

On 2021-01-14 at 2:43 PM, (XBOX)ONESH0TLEFT1825 said:

So as you probably read by the title, my warframe is named siege, he focuses on heavy weapons and artillery. Here's his abilities.

Ability 1 - Grenade launcher: Summon and exalted grenade launcher that fires impact, cluster, and thermite grenades (can be modded like exalted weapons)

Ability 2 - Sabot Rounds: Load your gun with high caliber bullets, greatly increasing damage, critical chance, and critical damage 

Ability 2 - Siege Mode: Select one of 3 changeable abilities, Heatseeking missles, Air strike, and Support drop. Heatseeking missles can be modded like an exalted weapon, air strike is pretty self explanatory, and support drop calls in warframe spectres to fight for you until they all die, you pre select what spectre loadout he drops.

Ability 4 - Siege Cannon: Summon a massive exalted cannon dealing massive damage to anything it hits (can be modded like exalted weapons)

Passive: Able to wield archguns without the use of a gravimag

Other info.

Max health: 500

Max energy: 300

Max shield: 300

Armor: 900

I thought about giving him a ton of moddable exalted weapons so he would be viable in end game. I tried my best to make all of his abilities useful in some way. Well, that's it for Siege. Please tell me what you think and if I should change anything 

And now I have a concept

Skills:

1: Remote Grenade

Drain: 25 energy

throw an explosive that deals 100/150/200/300 Impact damage in a 3/4/5/6m radius. Can be detonated by pressing the button again

Note: it has an invisible timer that automatically detonates after 30 seconds, unaffected by ability duration

Mod effects

Duration: no effect

Range: increase explosion radius

Strength: increase explosion damage

2: Ammo Chain

Drain: 50 energy

buff you and your allies with +10/15/20/30% fire rate and negate reloads for 6/8/10/12 seconds. buff reaches allies up to 8m away

Note: "negate reloads" means  the weapon pulls from the total ammo pool. Battery charged weapons are unaffected by this but still get the fire rate buff

Mod effects

Duration: increase buff duration

Range: increase range to buff allies

Strength: increase fire rate buff

3: Missile Salvo

Drain: 100 energy

fire six missiles that deal 400/450/500/600 Blast damage with a 4m radius. tap cast sends them in a 2x3 pattern in front of you, hold the button to lock on to a target and send them homing in on release.

Mod effects

Range: increase explosion radius and slightly adjust tap fire pattern

Strength: increase damage

4: Heavy Cannon

Drain: 25 energy

Summon an Exalted Archgun without an ammo pool, instead costs energy for each shot fired. can be removed by recasting or pressing the switch weapon button.

Primary fire: rapid fire dealing 30/45/60/90 damage per shot at 10 rounds per second, even spread of physical damage types

60 accuracy, 50% critical chance, 2.5x critical multiplier, 0% status chance

cost 10 energy per second to fire, using at least 1 energy per click. Drain increases to scale with fire rate

Secondary fire: launches a slow moving missile that deals 500/700/1000/1500 heat damage in 8m radius on impact

100 accuracy, 65% critical chance, 1.5x critical multiplier, 35% status chance

cost 30 energy to fire

Note: "ammo efficiency" modifiers (such as the Helminth skill) have no effect on this weapon

Mod effects

Range no effect

Strength: increase base damage

Im not sure what kind passive it should have. I was thinking maybe immunity to self-stagger from explosives.

edit: new passive ideas, either weak ammo mutation or getting more ammo per pickup

as for the other stats:

Health: 150-450

Shield: 100-300

Armor: 150

Energy: 150-225

Sprint speed: 1.0

so how's this?

13 hours ago, heloHello said:

Maybe a newly invented warframe, using new technology rather the old methods of creating them. No concrete ideas on stats/skills, but it would probably be obtained in a quest series centered around its creation.

It's pretty set in stone in lore on how a warframe is made. I'm not gonna say how due to Spoilers, but it would break lore if there was "another way". 

My idea was a Puppeteer Frame (I know that Nyx is kinda puppeteer but...) whose abilities are based on physical (and soul) control over enemies, create puppets from body parts or energy types.
I called it ''Thread, the Master Puppeteer''.

He has his signature weapon, a crane that can extend itself doing impact damage and with that he can cast his ultimate: ''Master of Souls''. With this 4th ability, he will control dead bodies and drones in order to kill what remains.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Mordekaiser_5 said:

My idea was a Puppeteer Frame (I know that Nyx is kinda puppeteer but...) whose abilities are based on physical (and soul) control over enemies, create puppets from body parts or energy types.
I called it ''Thread, the Master Puppeteer''.

He has his signature weapon, a crane that can extend itself doing impact damage and with that he can cast his ultimate: ''Master of Souls''. With this 4th ability, he will control dead bodies and drones in order to kill what remains.

This idea already has full concept art made. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

It's pretty set in stone in lore on how a warframe is made. I'm not gonna say how due to Spoilers, but it would break lore if there was "another way". 

well, with things like necramechs, clearly your not limited to controlling something made by a very specific process. the idea is that its a body made to imitate warframes and function the same way. I guess if that was possible it would probably have been done more, but maybe this is the first time modern technology could reach the power of old warframes.

also should mention I do know some late-game lore. case in point I have Umbra, though I need to do research on exactly how warframes were made.

Archived