Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept: AGADZA, The deceiving lizard

Tsukia

SO, first fan Forum post, thought I’d give my idea for a warframe that is based around a lizard, most specifically the Chameleon and the Gecko. It had originally started as me saying “I want a Warframe with a long flowing tail that actually uses it in it’s kit!” And slowly flourished into a concept that incorporated the ideas of both stealth, mobility, and deception!

here’s the skinny. 

AGADZA: The deceiver, a snake in the grass, and a whisperer of lies.

Let’s go over abilities first.

Passive: when performing a heavy melee attack, Agadza will instead use his tail by leaping backwards, and performing a front flip that slams his tail down at his previous position that sends enemies airborne from impact damage. Airborne enemies killed by Agadza will increase the critical chance of this attack by 10% (up to a maximum of 100%).

“Camouflage”: Agadza changes appearance to the last enemy he has killed, gaining their factional visage, over-shield, and armor of said enemy. This allows Agadza to sneak past enemies and  security alike.
- enemies that are of Agadza’s disguised faction will not attack him unless he is seen killing them. 
- the camouflage will break once the over-shield is destroyed.

“Slingshot”: Agadza uses his two chameleon tongue lashers in his wrists to latch and propel to any wall he aims at, crashing through those in his path with massive impact damage. Holding the ability up to reaching the wall will cause his gecko-like pads to traverse along that wall as if it was the floor.
-This status counts as a wall latch.
- impact damage is modified by camouflage armor.

“Tangled Pummel”: Agadza can use his lashers to grab up to two enemies and hold them airborne. Holding the ability will slam the enemies in the direction you’re aiming and deal impact damage equivocal to thrown enemy armor and camoflage armor.
- using Slingshot while holding enemies will slam them into the wall you are latching to, dealing impact damage equivocal to camouflage armor.

“Deadly Shed”: Agadza sheds their camouflage by hurling it like a projectile that deals an AOE of toxin damage. This shed becomes an entity that draws enemy fire and reflects it back at them multiplied by the armor of the camouflage shed.

the visuals are simple. Agadza is inspired by the African trickster god “Agadzagadza”, which was a lizard that would mislead others as a messenger with a twisted version of the truth. As such, this translates into Agadza as a Warframe.

Appearance: His base silhouette is that of a lite humanoid with thick muscular legs; an equally thick tail that is twice the length of Agadza himself and pointing straight out— eventually tapering into a rounded tip. He has a slightly longer neck than the rest of the cast (compatible to Inaros)which leads into his bulky shoulders before stopping at his gangly arms and gnarled hands. He stands raised on his digits with his knees bent (similar to Nidus) to emphasize his animalistic nature and powerful leaps. 
    His tail in question moves similar to that of a flowing Syandana when not in use with his passive attack. It will trail and float behind Agadza (like Urushu Khora’s back ribbons) and whip across his body when he makes a sharp turn (see Samadhi Wukong). To summarize, his tail should never feel stiff or static when Agadza is in motion, and never touch the floor unless unavoidable.

Easily the most interesting aspect of Agadza is the look of his 4 factional camouflages. Each of which takes Agadza’s base design and suits him up like either Grineer, Corpus, Infested, or Corrupted. Each camouflage changing his skin and plating to resemble the base materials of the faction in question, as well as a face change. Grineer giving him a lancer-like skull, Corpus fusing his head and neck into a Crewman-like head case, Infested making him a mangled mess of tendrils and pustules, and Corrupted forging his head into the shape of a Janus Key.

I’ll be working on this page more and more, so keep an eye out and I’d love some criticisms and thoughts!

Archived