Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and Void Rigs need to be better connected to the Main game.

xxswatelitexx

Right now these 2 things feels like they are "disconnected" with the rest of the game. They are like independent minigames with no real connection to the universe.

I think Invasion missions might be a great way to link everything together since they are "multipart" missions allowing you to mix and connect all the content together.

Mission 1: You Start with a Railjack and you are above a planet and there is an invasion fleet fighting. You and your Railjack needs to fight through the invasion to board the Capital Ship.

*if Host doesn't have Railjack available - game either picks a railjack from another player in the group or deploys them in Archwings instead. Or eveng ive a free Generic Railjack just for the mission similar to Venom Operation does with Voidrigs.

Mission 2: 

Primary objective is to kill the Commander of the capital ship, Or some other goal like stealing invasion plans ( spy ) sabotaging the mainframe,  defending a hacker ( mobile defense ), etc.

Secondary Objective is to Go down the Reactor core - which needs Void Rig to destroy.  Secondary is totally optional but give rewards for it. Or Destroying a secret weapon.

Mission 3: You are on planet Surface fighting the remaining troops  

This would allow a way to combine all 3 Mechanics into one game, instead of making it feel like 3 seperate games. 

where you say voidrig replace it with necramech. there are 2 and a third on the way. also most of what you suggested is the demo content they showed for oplink. which they are hopefully still working toward as they are the replacement for the raid system. which is also why cy says this is a raid all the time 

37 minutes ago, Grimm said:

where you say voidrig replace it with necramech. there are 2 and a third on the way. also most of what you suggested is the demo content they showed for oplink. which they are hopefully still working toward as they are the replacement for the raid system. which is also why cy says this is a raid all the time 

Operation Scarlet was basically oplink.

I am talking about more Permanent content. 

Also thank you for being the first non spam comment. 

stuff like this will happen, but it likely won't happen for a long time. we know Mechs will become optional for every mission, not just open Worlds, at testing this was the reason for and purpose of Orphix Venom. DE also mentioned Liches being tied to Railjack somewhat, most likely with a guaranteed boss fight against them upon them hitting Rank 5. 

it's all being planned, but it's gonna take time -  a LOT of time. - to get everything tied together the way we want. 

20 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Operation Scarlet was basically oplink.

I am talking about more Permanent content. 

Also thank you for being the first non spam comment. 

Really?

The first two comments were hinting at your suggestions being irrelevant considering the plans for the game. You might want to review dev streams or ask people what the next updates contain...

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

stuff like this will happen, but it likely won't happen for a long time. we know Mechs will become optional for every mission, not just open Worlds, at testing this was the reason for and purpose of Orphix Venom. DE also mentioned Liches being tied to Railjack somewhat, most likely with a guaranteed boss fight against them upon them hitting Rank 5. 

it's all being planned, but it's gonna take time -  a LOT of time. - to get everything tied together the way we want. 

It is all planned for this year... Stated in the last home devstream that the timeline for the lich+railjack stuff is coming in the next few months.

Commander intrinsic will be coming with it.

The railjack integration (scarlett spear) is likely coming this year as well. Hopefully with New War.

6 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Right now these 2 things feels like they are "disconnected" with the rest of the game. They are like independent minigames with no real connection to the universe.

I think Invasion missions might be a great way to link everything together since they are "multipart" missions allowing you to mix and connect all the content together.

Mission 1: You Start with a Railjack and you are above a planet and there is an invasion fleet fighting. You and your Railjack needs to fight through the invasion to board the Capital Ship.

*if Host doesn't have Railjack available - game either picks a railjack from another player in the group or deploys them in Archwings instead. Or eveng ive a free Generic Railjack just for the mission similar to Venom Operation does with Voidrigs.

Mission 2: 

Primary objective is to kill the Commander of the capital ship, Or some other goal like stealing invasion plans ( spy ) sabotaging the mainframe,  defending a hacker ( mobile defense ), etc.

Secondary Objective is to Go down the Reactor core - which needs Void Rig to destroy.  Secondary is totally optional but give rewards for it. Or Destroying a secret weapon.

Mission 3: You are on planet Surface fighting the remaining troops  

This would allow a way to combine all 3 Mechanics into one game, instead of making it feel like 3 seperate games. 

I think this what DE is building but RJ was too big, innovative and new. It needed to be tested on a massive scale, with as many players, systems and interaction as possible. In fact, Scarlet Spear is, in my opinion, a successful raid generator. All of the pieces are there now and all we need is: The Big Event. 

If DE won't abandon railjck(off) like all the other failures, then obviously someone at DE is really obsessed with shoehorning it into the game. Let it rot in the ditch where it belongs.

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Once they finally achieve that we can get used to the "devs are forcing me to use this" threads.

I won't say that. I will simply ignore its existence like i do now. At least until they make it mandatory to use railjack(off) to reach missions to use warframes. Then i will simply disappear.

7 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Nothing new. Everyone has been saying this ever since RJ came out.

And we already know that the devs want to tie these game modes to the main game.

Once they finally achieve that we can get used to the "devs are forcing me to use this" threads.

Keep in mind Archwing essentially was kept out of the main universe for almost 5 years, hence the reason it died out.

Now the main purpose of archwing is still being an open world Fast travel service and still nothing more.

After scarlet spear they didn't seem to show an interest of linking the universe together. Their next major Railjack feature set is Corpus + Command Crews.

That's why I mentioned Invasions, they already exist in game and gameplay mechanics wise I am not actually adding anything "new"  Hence it would have a signficantly faster turn around in getting it live - then creating an entirely new gameplay mechanic.

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

It is all planned for this year... Stated in the last home devstream that the timeline for the lich+railjack stuff is coming in the next few months.

Commander intrinsic will be coming with it.

Slight correction - they said they were all coming this year, but explicitly said they might not all be coming at the same time.

3 part missions for invasions is something i desperately want, repeating the same 3 mini missions is soooo boring

turning invasions into 3 part missions that incorporate railjack would be a great way of introducing "quick-jack", a condensed and almost demo-like version of RJ but that also begs the question what do non-rj owners do when nobody is hosting? maybe rent-a-jacks become a thing?

33 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

3 part missions for invasions is something i desperately want, repeating the same 3 mini missions is soooo boring

turning invasions into 3 part missions that incorporate railjack would be a great way of introducing "quick-jack", a condensed and almost demo-like version of RJ but that also begs the question what do non-rj owners do when nobody is hosting? maybe rent-a-jacks become a thing?

Yes, exactly Currently Invasion missions are incredibly boring.  By making it a 3 part mission with more meaning like a Sortie - it does alleviate some of that bordem. It also makes it much easier to connect the 3 gameplay mechanics.

Yes Rent a Jack is one possible way to do it. 

It could first check all the squad members on mission load to see who owns one and picks that. 

If no one owns it then it becomes a Rent a Jack. 

Incoming "not playing warframe in a game called warframe" comments.

Back to topic: mission length will be a problem for me.

Incorporating three stuff and justifying the gameplays of every parts in just the right amount of length, doesn't seem like a thing that DE can absolutely ace.

If we only need to do it like once, for some epic new war story, sure. But if it'll be a regular mission where we have to do it seven thousand times just to farm some items, helno.

25 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Back to topic: mission length will be a problem for me.

Incorporating three stuff and justifying the gameplays of every parts in just the right amount of length, doesn't seem like a thing that DE can absolutely ace.

Invasions are already 3 part separate missions. That is literally how you get Invasion rewards you got to beat it 3 times and in many cases the exact same mission 3 times.

All this suggestion is to add Railjack to one mission, Void Rig to another mission, and ground for the final mission. 

7 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Keep in mind Archwing essentially was kept out of the main universe for almost 5 years, hence the reason it died out.

Now the main purpose of archwing is still being an open world Fast travel service and still nothing more.

After scarlet spear they didn't seem to show an interest of linking the universe together. Their next major Railjack feature set is Corpus + Command Crews.

That's why I mentioned Invasions, they already exist in game and gameplay mechanics wise I am not actually adding anything "new"  Hence it would have a signficantly faster turn around in getting it live - then creating an entirely new gameplay mechanic.

It's not that they weren't "interested". It's more about actually building more of the story to make the linking make sense. Basically, we can comment, play, grow impatient and/or speculate in seconds. They, on the other hand, still have to build the world, story, script, rewards (sorry, MEANINGFUL rewards...whatever that is), find actors, create sound fx, music scores, new Warframe(s), weapons, enemies, bosses, and on and on and on. Players would scream "content drought!" if DE tried to roll it out completely. They openly tell us the process and progress.

Ironically, this is why I really love how DE functions. Open communication, risk taking, player communication responses and, fron what I understand, a great work environment are all great!

15 hours ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

14 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Yes, exactly Currently Invasion missions are incredibly boring.  By making it a 3 part mission with more meaning like a Sortie - it does alleviate some of that bordem. It also makes it much easier to connect the 3 gameplay mechanics.

So you want Invasions to just be Sorties but incorporate newer elements, is literally what you guys are commenting here. Invasions aren't always completing the same 3 missions in a row either, the missions cycle around between different modes. No, just leave Invasions the way they are. They're an easy way to get fieldrons/detonite injectors/mutagen masses if you don't want to build them.

Yeah... Once DE actually does connect railjack, people will start complaining "REEE YOU ARE FORCING ME TO DO RAILJACK".

Not the first time that has happened. Happened with Orb Vallis and Deimos as well as when they released weapons only obtainable for railjack...

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So you want Invasions to just be Sorties but incorporate newer elements, is literally what you guys are commenting here. Invasions aren't always completing the same 3 missions in a row either, the missions cycle around between different modes. No, just leave Invasions the way they are. They're an easy way to get fieldrons/detonite injectors/mutagen masses if you don't want to build them.

nah, they could be much more interesting

every time i play the Assault mission on the fortress, i think this is how invasion missions should be. just one longer mission condensed into 3 phases instead of repetitive gameplay

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Yeah... Once DE actually does connect railjack, people will start complaining "REEE YOU ARE FORCING ME TO DO RAILJACK".

Not the first time that has happened. Happened with Orb Vallis and Deimos as well as when they released weapons only obtainable for railjack...

People are going to say it no matter what, but the advantage of the proposition is that you don't "Need a railjack" to do the content as a free one will be provided if you don't own one. So even though it is a railjack mission you don't grind for one.

Covid 19 made DE switch over to working on Heart of Deimos instead of continuing the new war against sentients cuz they did not need the motion capture studio to do animations for the npc in nercalisk. So I understand why Railjack feels like a disconnect cuz they really did just drop it for a bit to work on the new open world instead.

after 9ish month I guess they feel safe enough to switch to Queenpins and integrating liches and queenpins to railjack means they will be working on the new war again though.

Archived