Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sun Simiao, doctor frame with Controlable Companion

keikogi

Doctor frame with a Humanoid Companion. Sun Simiao. Going to polish it later 

Passive –

Qilin – Sun Simiao has a humanoid companion Qilin. This Qilin can equip companinos mods ( exept the ones that increase melee damage ). Qilin can equip any melee weapons. Qilin Prioritizes targets hit by Sun Simiao, moves faster towards lifted targets. If Qilin dies , it will become a spirit and revive as soon as Sun Simiao Gathers enougt Oro.

Hand of Creation & Hand of destruction - Sin Simiao can cast his skills with either the hand of creation or the hand of destruction. Tap cast the skill with the hand of destruction (cost energy), hold will use the hand of creation instead ( uses Oro ). Sin Simiao cannot equip melee weapons , his melee attacks are replaced by expecial attacs of the hand of creation. Aditionally, any attack performed involving the hand of creation can only deal 1 damage ( still applies status effects ) and can heal allies ( heal equals to the weapon unmodified base damage )

Melee stance 

Spoiler

Tap E- release a shock wave that lifts up enemies hit 

Charge - creates a energy glaive and thows it. Upon contact with an enemy it teleports Qilin to that target. 

Blocks Normally with a 70 degree cone.

Air Slam - Lifts enemies hit up. 

Slide attack - Sends a shock wave on straith line lifting enemies up. 

Instance Where weapon damage is set to 1 

Spoiler

Primary weapons ( except arm cannos ) - have their damage set to 1 ( primaries are wielded with both hands ) 

Secondary Weapons ( exept Single Secondaries ) - Half of the shots only deal 1 damage. 

1.      Lorist Curse/Boon

Tap.   Lorist Curse ( 25 energy) 

Sun Simiao launches his hand towards the closest enemy ( from the crosshair ). Hand deals damage equals to damage done in this cast + enemy missing health as finisher damage. Hand will hit up to 5 targets on a single cast. Steal oro per hit ( based on enemy base HP ) and more oro on kills.

Hold. Boon( 25 Oro )

Creates a ball of oro in his hand tham launches it towards the closest ally ( from crosshair ). This infusion will increase the target melee damage and HP.

2.       Numbing Fog/Warding Mist

Tap. Numbing Fog

Light's up his bamboo pipe , them breaths out a thick fog of smoke. This smoke will calm enemies down ( slowing them ). After 3 seconds inside enemies fall a sleep.

Synergy: Qilin is invisible inside the fog 

Hold. Warding Mist

Infuses the smoke with oro to create smoke copies of Qilin. These copies can't deal damage but their attacks will slow enemies down,  if the slow reaches 90% the enemy will be put to sleep.

Synergy: Qilin can swap places with a clone

3.       Spiteful Remedy/ Apunculture

Tap.  Spiteful Remedy (75 energy )  

Fires needles at all enemies in a cone in front of Sun Simiao. Enemies hit by daggers have their buffs purged and suffer from increased status vulnerability ( a status effect has a chance of proccing twice ). Upon death the needle will drain a portion of the enemy oro and drop on the ground.

Synergy: Nina will prioritize targets struck by daggers.

Hold Apunculture ( 50 Oro ) 

Fires needles infused with oro. These needles will purge status effects, givrs status imunity and heal allies hit ( health and shields ). Sun Simiao gains energy based on the total amount of targets healed. 

Synergy: Qilin also gain attack speed from this buff

4.      Interrogate / Bolster

Sun Simiao gives an order to his allies.

Tap. Interrogate (cost 50 energy) 

Lauches his hand at the target weak spot fully exposing  head removing it's protection and extracting knowledge from it. This enemy has the defenses striped from his head ( attacks against the head ignore armor , shield and elemental resistance). Sun Simiao also reveals the position of all enemies in a 50 meters radius ( by taking the info from the enemy )

Synergy: Qilin will beston misfortune to the target causing his abilities to misfire hitting their allies. 

Hold. Essential Formulas for an Emergency ( cost 50 oro ) 

Writes in oro formulas to help the target to deal with the next 3 aflictions. On shield gate or (would be) letal damage -> gives 2 seconds of invunerability , purges debuffs them launches a shock wave lifitng nearby enemies up. If no target is chosen Sin Simiao will target Qilin

Synergy: Qilin will link herself to the target transfering 75% of damage taken to herself. If she is the target , the will link herself to Son Simiao Instead.

One expecial thanks to @Teoarrk for helping with pivoting the theme and naming skills 

16 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Even if this is a joke concept, it reads like a Warframe I'd actually like to play in some way.

The gameplay is not a joke at all I just can't make a thematic reason for a doctor to have a pet werewolf with degenerating health unless in puppy form it does not work unless the doctors is literally this guy 

60b.jpg

I did my best to make the rest of the kit feel a bit fishy too , anestesia that makes a thick fog , healing depending on harvesting from live stuff ( i forgot to put on the passive that he gets even more meter for melee finishers ). Drones to inject people with stuff and so on.

I kind of want a support that can't self buff , but without a power house companion the idea fall off because it's useless if you playing solo. Having a pet warframe fixes that.

Maybe I was misunderstanding this line.

19 hours ago, keikogi said:

A bit off a joke frame. Doctor frame with a pet werewolf. Fritz

8 hours ago, keikogi said:

The gameplay is not a joke at all I just can't make a thematic reason for a doctor to have a pet werewolf with degenerating health unless in puppy form it does not work unless the doctors is literally this guy 

Bondrewd is a cool character and I definitely see the influences now, but when first reading the draft I was thinking of the medic from tf2. Maybe that's because I haven't seen what Bondrewd is fully capable of (didn't watch the movie, only the anime) and only know him as a completely soulless ends-justify-the-means kind of guy. Since you're (I think) drawing parallels to Mitty's functional immortality with Nina, maybe it would be best to consider a scenario where that would be essential for the frame's origin story. 

Just like Gauss, perhaps Fritz could be designed to stop an insurrection. His mission could have otherwise been to stop particularly aggressive experiments from escaping an Orokin Geneforge., where there would be both enemies to eliminate and Archimedians and their Diluviats to rescue. Maybe he was designed as a countermeasure to Grineer raiding parties on Pre-Fall Orokin ships. Theres a lot of design space in which something like this could exist. We already have Nekros, Garuda and Revenant who already reference the occult. This one is really not that far fetched.

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Just like Gauss, perhaps Fritz could be designed to stop an insurrection. His mission could also be to stop particularly aggressive experiments from escaping an Orokin Geneforge., where there would be both enemies to eliminate and Archimedians and their Diluviats to rescue. Maybe he was designed as a countermeasure to Grineer raiding parties on Late-Fall Orokin ships. Theres a lot of design space in which something like this could exist. We already have Nekros, Garuda and Revenant who already reference the occult. This one is really not that far fetched.

I think protea and lavos open two story avenue that are better to explore 

First ( protea ) , if you are rich and influential enough you can just get a warframe made to specification 

Second ( lavos ) a warframe current kit is not necessarily the intended one ( aplies to both revenant and lavos , but lavos evolved his abilities voluntary) 

What about change Nina not no be his creation,  it more of I can't abandon her kind of deal. And his original desing was not meant for combat at all. He was essentially the " mechanic" of slaves. He literally was created to extend tje life spam of slaves and perform the occasional plastic surgery on the orokin that feel like having 3 bones on his finger is just to main stream. 

His lore goes something like he does actually like to help people , but after realizing his work was mostly wasted ( why reace a finger if you could just put safety on the machine ). What truly broke him was prioritizes orokin vanity projects over people. The turning point was being forced to create Nina. It was a attempt to create a truly imortal body for the orokin because he could not be bothered to change bodies after 1000 years or so. The desing he created does work but it would require years in forced hibernation to work ( to stabilize itself) .

The orokin just can't be bothered to wait and the Nina warframe is released before the due date. It works normally for like 5 minutes before it goes feral than , it degerantes into animal than at last it start eating itself on celular level. The frame slowly degerantes into a puppy when it finally stabilizes. The orokin can't be the one failing so , the warframe takes the blame. His original ultimate is destroyed ( mobile surgery center ) as punishment.

After that he start plotting his revolution. His healing gun woulf only be able to dran upon his own health but he modifies it run drain health to and allow him to siphon life force from his enemies. Modifying his sleep mask to work as smoke bomb. Creating buzz drones to deliver his drugs. 

During a sentient attack he see his opportunity,  if he killed him without withnes he could just blame the sentients and hopefully manage to withstand the invasion. He goes for it but fails to kill the orokin , after a bit of monologing off the orokin,  Nina ( was set free by a random shot of sentient ship ) and kills him. 

Simce there was no body left and he scraped every ounce off vlood from the ground ppl just assumed the orokin was killed by some disintegration ray or something. 

After that he just assumes comtrol of the slaves and comands them to victory by making them as hard to kill as sentient as directing their focus on the battlefield. 

I would have to fudge wktb his kit a bit ( the forth skill would just be comand skill , Nina just takes special care when fallowing them, for example first oder is focus down , everyone deals bonus damage against the target , Nina just takes special care and mauls thr target death , second order is protect , makes the target invulnerable for a while but Nina does link her health to the target just make sure and so on.

Edit: I should make his healing oro realated instead off blood realted.

7 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

It's a crazy idea of mine.

How about a Necramech that changes shape like the Brachiolyst.

It's doable , something like the tiger zord from power ranger. 

mighty-morphin-power-rangers-white-tiger

Could work really well for a mech

Going to see what I can with that.

About the shape shifting pet here

The situation here is more akin to this hungry jabras animation

Also I'm going for a medic on the warframe theme so the summon has to biological in nature 

22 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Could work really well for a mech

Going to see what I can with that.

It will still be some time before i consider touching necramechs but this right here would definently change that

Nechs are too ugly rn for me. They look like eggs with arms, legs, and a hat & theyre less organic in look. Being slow sucks but ive never been really one to care much for speed, just looks and prehaps agility. Least they plan to expand the use of it to normal missions but, its still not enough for this guy 😂 i cant get in that thing

Ive yet to ask what people like about them as i dont get it 🤔 Hot warframes to trashcans with limbs and weird dps output. Heck?

29 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

It will still be some time before i consider touching necramechs but this right here would definently change that

Literally did a frame that turns into a necramech its like thr 20tj version of persephone 

30 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Nechs are too ugly rn for me. They look like eggs with arms, legs, and a hat & theyre less organic in look. Being slow sucks but ive never been really one to care much for speed, just looks and prehaps agility. Least they plan to expand the use of it to normal missions but, its still not enough for this guy 😂 i cant get in that thing

They being ugly and bad is more reason to try to make one that does not suffer from that.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

yet to ask what people like about them as i dont get it 🤔 Hot warframes to trashcans with limbs and weird dps output. Heck?

I  noticed as soon as mech were announced that they did not have durability nor the kind off dps necessary to justify the existence.

38 minutes ago, keikogi said:

They being ugly and bad is more reason to try to make one that does not suffer from that.

Thats the problem, you cant fix that ugly currently. U still get a trashcan with limbs in the literal sense, visually speaking.

Like Im almost willing to the bet that the designer of this thing was throwing balled up papers of failed concept drawings of the nec mech into a trashcan, and at their lowest point of feeling bad that they couldnt come up with something beter, they looked at the trashcan and was like "uh... i shouldnt but... fudge it.."

On that night, born was the look of nec mechs xD

H8 them more than Xaku except xaku's more personal. 20ish likes on the concept as oppsed to 600, and xaku's being considered "community created". Is it Better to slap potentially thousands of players in the face as opposed to the 10s of people that actually wanted him over other frames?..... unfair af

Ugh

So much salt still got my face looking like vauban threw his vortex in the center of it

8 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Thats the problem, you cant fix that ugly currently. U still get a trashcan with limbs in the literal sense, visually speaking

I think the entire problem lies on having a sleeping bag instead of sarcophagus as core.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

ike Im almost willing to the bet that the designer of this thing was throwing balled up pieces of paper with failed concept drawings of the nec mech in a trashcan, and at their lowest point they looked at the trashcan and was like "fudge it.."

Giving the rushed nature i would not doubt the fudged it. But I think they are victim of the modularyt crazy. It looks like the desing was made to be a mr potato head that you can swap head , arms and legs freely ( given that they don't even atach to each other,  they are just held in place by void magic )

15 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

H8 them more than Xaku except xaku's more personal. 20ish likes on the concept as oppsed to 600 being considered "community created". So much salt got my face looking like vauban threw his vortex in the center of it

What bothers me about Xaku is would rather community contents to be that contests.  Just get a ready one and implement it instead of opening everything to votes and get a final result that not cohesive nor impressive.

Very fitting of the name Sun Simiao. Rebellious medic with a hint of Heian Era mysticism. You could even hint at a duality with each of his ability's names, so:

1. Lorist Curse/Boon

2. Numbing Fog/Warding Mist

3. Spiteful Remedy/ Apunculture

4. Interrogate / Bolster

3 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Very fitting of the name Sun Simiao. Rebellious medic with a hint of Heian Era mysticism. You could even hint at a duality with each of his ability's names, so:

1. Lorist Curse/Boon

2. Numbing Fog/Warding Mist

3. Spiteful Remedy/ Apunculture

4. Interrogate / Bolster

That's a good naming scheme. Gonna adopt it. 

Also as per my tradition I'm going to murder the dog and make some kind vulpaphyla quimera instead. Simce they do have built in imortalility.

20 minutes ago, keikogi said:

vulpaphyla quimera instead. Simce they do have built in imortalility.

Like a Qilin or something similar? Given what you've suggested as lore it would be a fitting Orokin hypocrisy for them to consider the alchemist in Lavos's lore a threat while trying to accomplish the same feat of mystical ascension. 

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

Like a Qilin or something similar?

Nah I was being far more basic them that just the N th reference to tailed fox. Saw this on the wike for elixir of life version from china 

The ancient Chinese believed the key to obtaining this elixir was to capture the 10 great tailed beasts enlisted in Chinese mythology, the most prominent tailed beast is the beast of kurama, said to have 9 tails and could destroy to world using less of 50% of its power. If one was able to tame the beast, one will have the effects of the elixir.

Since Vulpaphyla already have build in imortaliyt I tought it was a neat conection 

Updated the kit a bit. the passive was heavily reworked to have a negative side ( it can set your dampage to 1 ). Companion got bolstered quite a bit with finer control over it ( using your unique melee charge attack) 

Reworked the 4 to make reference to the books writen by Sun Simiao 

• 1 month later...

Archived