Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Buying" Syndicate Medallion decorations from other players - would this be okay? Or even possible?

MoonYuTsu

Question

So ramble probably incoming... 

Me and my friend have a clan, just for the two of us. We've decorated our dojo a little bit so far, but were considering maybe starting one of those "collect all the decorations" museum projects... but we've hit a snag with the Syndicate Medallions. I have a stupid Loka/Perrin/Suda setup, my friend has some other setup that across both our setups, basically locks us out of Arbiters of Hexis, and would make it an agonisingly slow grind and juggle to level up Steel Meridian without ruining their syndicate setup. 

We were wondering - would it be possible to "buy" mediallions from other players? I understand the Medallion decorations themselves aren't tradeable, but we could obtain them from another player by like, getting someone else who has those syndicates and standing with them to join our clan temporarily, deposit the Arbiters and/or Meridian decoration in our vault, then leaving our clan? Would that work? 

And then it'd come to the point of compensating that player if it would work - how would we go about doing that? Because to actually buy something this way would be a trust-trade right? And I'm well aware trust trades look shady... wouldn't really be keen looking forward to getting myself and/or the other player banned over a couple of decorations...

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, MoonYuTsu said:

I have a stupid Loka/Perrin/Suda setup, my friend has some other setup that across both our setups, basically locks us out of Arbiters of Hexis, and would make it an agonisingly slow grind and juggle to level up Steel Meridian without ruining their syndicate setup. 

Steel Meridian has nothing to do with the Arbiters. You're not locked out of the Arbiters.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

While you are not locked out and can still run this way, the issue is with your selection. For the absolute easiest way of having everything across all 6 syndicates, you should be doing Loka, Perrin and Red Veil and your friend should have Arbiters, Suda and Steel.

Yup - we just have things this way because... my stupid fault. I just want Perrin/Loka/Suda as my favoured syndicates because they're the one I agree with the goals/ideals of the most. I've had them that way a good long time, and my friend ranked their Syndicates initially to buy the mods from Arbiters/Meridian/Veil, then switched over to Loka/Perrin/Veil (I think that's what they're on) so we could still run Syndicate Missions together for nightwave and such... so given that, I don't think there's any feasible way for us to do... one of out of Meridian/Arbiters? I can maybe do Arbiters through Suda? But there's no way for either of us to do Meridian without screwing up our standing, right?... We both just thought yeah, farming up a bit of plat or something and workaround-buying the Arbiters and Meridian Medallion Decorations from other players is a more appealing prospect than butchering our Syndicate setups by grinding up two syndicates just for two decorations, then having to fix them back to how we had the before afterwards...

1 hour ago, MoonYuTsu said:

Yup - we just have things this way because... my stupid fault. I just want Perrin/Loka/Suda as my favoured syndicates because they're the one I agree with the goals/ideals of the most. I've had them that way a good long time, and my friend ranked their Syndicates initially to buy the mods from Arbiters/Meridian/Veil, then switched over to Loka/Perrin/Veil (I think that's what they're on) so we could still run Syndicate Missions together for nightwave and such... so given that, I don't think there's any feasible way for us to do... one of out of Meridian/Arbiters? I can maybe do Arbiters through Suda? But there's no way for either of us to do Meridian without screwing up our standing, right?... We both just thought yeah, farming up a bit of plat or something and workaround-buying the Arbiters and Meridian Medallion Decorations from other players is a more appealing prospect than butchering our Syndicate setups by grinding up two syndicates just for two decorations, then having to fix them back to how we had the before afterwards...

Someone check my logic please but I think you could just do Steel Meridian missions with an Arbiters of Hexis syandana equipped?

2 hours ago, MoonYuTsu said:

I just want Perrin/Loka/Suda as my favoured syndicates because they're the one I agree with the goals/ideals of the most. I've had them that way a good long time, and my friend ranked their Syndicates initially to buy the mods from Arbiters/Meridian/Veil, then switched over to Loka/Perrin/Veil (I think that's what they're on) so we could still run Syndicate Missions together for nightwave and such... so given that, I don't think there's any feasible way for us to do... one of out of Meridian/Arbiters? I can maybe do Arbiters through Suda? But there's no way for either of us to do Meridian without screwing up our standing, right?... We both just thought yeah, farming up a bit of plat or something and workaround-buying the Arbiters and Meridian Medallion Decorations from other players is a more appealing prospect than butchering our Syndicate setups by grinding up two syndicates just for two decorations, then having to fix them back to how we had the before afterwards...

I'm assuming you're having to juggle back and forth between Loka and Suda as they're opposed - ranking one up should decrease the other by the same amount? However, I think (this is off the top of my head, so I may be wrong) you can join arbiters and run with their sigil. This will give you a 50% hit on your Perrin But you can make this back up again. The syndicates fall into three sets of pairs that can work together and you have 3 of the 4 for the Loka/Perrin Suda/Arbiters set up. However to make this work you will need to only run with an Arbiters or Perrin sigil in normal missions as these will only reduce your other two by 50%. It requires juggling, and the secondary factions (in your case Loka and Suda can take a while to rank up, however it is possible - I have max Red Veil/Steel Meridian/New Loka/Perrin Sequence, by only using Red Veil and New Loka sigils, never the other two.

HTH

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Steel Meridian is allied with Red Veil, not Arbiters. It's also sigil, not syandana.

I know that, that's why I said use Arbiters sigil(not syandana ty). You gain Steel Meridian and Red Veil while levelling Arbiters.

Edit: I should make the distinction, I never said it'd be efficient, just possible lol.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I should also point out, the syndicate decorations cannot be traded with another player.

Yup - decorations can't, but I was wondering if we could work around it by temporarily inviting someone to our clan to just deposit the decorations in our vault. My concern there is just that to actually pay someone for doing that for us would require a trust trade, which is sketchy and I'm not super keen on doing in case it gets either us or the person that gives us the decoration banned...

Archived