Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I ready for Steel Path???

(XBOX)OdinsDottir

Question

Well, I finally cleared the Star Chart. It didn't take that long once I figured out I had to do it in order to advance to Steel Path. Although, considering that most players are probably way past this point, it makes things difficult to find others doing the missions, at least on Xbox.

I am not entirely sure that my particular builds are right for SP. At MR 9 and maining a 3x Forma'd Hydroid Prime built to tank/Pilfer, with subpar weapons, I'd like to hear any advice given in whether or not I should even be attempting it at my level.

Current weapons are

Ignis Wraith-max level and I'm lacking a lot of the good mods

Gammacor or something, it's like a laser wrist sheath thing- I'm leveling garbage weapons for MR

Wotan's Eye- Zaw Scythe with 9300 Heavy Damage/Damage, my main weapon of choice, cuz I hate guns in games

Everyone seems to like the fast, cutesy frames that drop nukes and clear a room in one nano second, I don't have any of those yet, so suggest away Tenno

Tell me I'm crazy to try now, or, 'yeah, you got this, girl.'

Give my Lord Petrus your hate, it seems not many people like Hydroid for some reason...he's my Peter Steele, I'm loyal to my boy, even if he becomes backup. 

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

I'd like to hear any advice given in whether or not I should even be attempting it at my level.

There is no harm in attempting it and seeing how things go.  You may find certain missions are easy for you while others are out of reach.  For example, spy, rescue and sabotage are essentially no more difficult than normal versions if you just focus on the objective, while I'd say interception, defense, disruption and some assassination missions are considerably more difficult.

For team-finding, there are now 5 daily steel path alerts that you can find in your navigation window (just switch to steel path mode to make them show up in your alert list) and you may be able to gradually clear off some nodes in a team setting that way, since this will concentrate a lot of players in those 5 nodes.

Overall, you'll probably find that you need to invest heavily in a few different frames and weapons to be able to comfortably clear SP content.  The only way you'll know where you're falling short is to actually try it though.

Archived