Date Announce: Devstream #151 on Jan. 29.

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, (PSN)newbreedofhater said:

Oh that probably when concole will finally get to play the new update thats ending for pc smh 

New short-term event, not update. Don't worry you'll get to spend more time in your mech than you ever wanted to and get really sick of one of the coolest new features added to the game soon enough I'm sure.

Edit: On the plus side, most of the big bugs that prevented people from getting any rewards for the first week will be gone so you won't get sick of it before you start actually *doing* the event.

2 minutes ago, Zibidibodel said:

I think they're asking because it was supposed to be last year and was promised early in this year.

Not really since it would have been a pretty out of the ordinary release, because that would have ment 4 new frames in a year, which hasnt been a thing before. So I dont really know why people expected it in 2020, which was a year with massive restrictions for starters. No logic as to why they'd release a 4th frame out of the norm under such circumstances.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really since it would have been a pretty out of the ordinary release, because that would have ment 4 new frames in a year, which hasnt been a thing before. So I dont really know why people expected it in 2020, which was a year with massive restrictions for starters. No logic as to why they'd release a 4th frame out of the norm under such circumstances.

At tennocon they revealed 3 new frames coming in 2020. Xaku, Lavos, and Wraith.

1 minute ago, XozyVen said:

I hope you release Nidus and Protea prime! Would be an interesting fit for 2 exotic warframes...

Nidus Prime should come out later half of this year, first will be two femme frames, Octavia and Gara. Protea is brand new, so she's at the back of the line excepting Xaku and Lavos.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We plan on doing 1 major Devstream a month with plenty of notice, and plenty of information organized into one hour.

I don`t like this but the only way I'll accept this if you guys stop flapping about, making jokes and get to the point of the stream to get our times worth. Want an example? the online playstation E3 last year no jokes, no nonsense just strait to the games. You needs to do the same.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really since it would have been a pretty out of the ordinary release, because that would have ment 4 new frames in a year, which hasnt been a thing before.

I'd actually say 4 is about average for a year.  We've had 3 years that brought us 3 (2016, 2017 & 2020) and the rest of the years have all given 4 or more (8 in 2012, 9 in 2013, 5 in 2014, 6 in 2015, 4 in 2018 (not including Excalibur Umbra) and 4 in 2019).  If we discount 2012 (closed Beta) and half of 2013 (first 4 are Dark Sector concepts reworked) then that still leaves the average being just above 4.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream151_Wraithe Concept_V2.pngTenno!

Our first Devstream of the year will go live on January 29 @ 2 p.m ET at twitch.tv/warframe! This will be the first of many advanced save the dates this year as we intend on changing our Devstream process up in this new year. We plan on doing 1 major Devstream a month with plenty of notice, and plenty of information organized into one hour. Just a teaspoon more organization in our typically candid and fun Devstreams. 

Our goal is to simply give you - the community - more of a guide in when to expect what we show. We have accrued a lot of ‘ship what we’ve shown’ debt, and the organized monthly format should make the timelines of when to expect things more solid.  

We will have our preview thread live in our forums (and reddit) on January 27 with more information on the Twitch Drop and what’s coming in our first Devstream of the year. For now, our teaser image can get you ready to learn all about Codename: Wraithe in our first stream of the year, and much, much more. 

Save the date, Tenno! 

Does this mean less Gifts of the Lotus going forward? : (

1 hour ago, ultimatepro1 said:

Perhaps a bit longer than the one hour then? Considering the amount of info being promised. 

This would be cool but considering how some devstreams they struggle to give us info on things they will more than likely always hit an hour. That said, they have hit 30mins past a few times iirc so it's definitely possible. Them planning for at least an hour of updates and being able to 100% fill it is perfect to me.

One hour stream for once in a mounth won't gave enough information especially after problematic releases and lack of test server usage on those released contents . Either stream should be longer with more information and or test periods of upcoming contents should be longer cause without sharing thoughts as comunity and developers I don't think 2021 won't be much diffrent than 2020 for Warframe

1 minute ago, --RV--arm4geddon-117 said:

Second Half/End of March 2021 probably...

Here is how it works : 1st preview, then 2/4 weeks later abilities preview with some gameplay, then 2/4 weeks laters the release.

kek

abilities are already specified

Archived