Date Announce: Devstream #151 on Jan. 29.

[DE]Rebecca

I have a request for a quality of life change regarding the Energy Conversion mod (pick one):

• Enable the player to pick up an energy orb while at full energy, If they are are using the Energy Conversion and do not have a charge
  • Don't consume Energy Conversion charge upon casting Helminth Empower
  • Allow the player to gain an Energy Conversion charge once per 30 seconds if they reach full energy from other sources than orbs (pizzas, Energy Vampire, Energy Siphon, Energizing Dash, etc.)

On 2021-01-15 at 7:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We plan on doing 1 major Devstream a month with plenty of notice, and plenty of information organized into one hour.

Why i have feeling this reduction of Devstreams to only one per month is rather attempt to reduce your exposure to player base (like if it wasn't low enough that you completely don't understand us anyways) more than anything else ?

Not gonna lie I'm going to miss tuning in every other week to enjoy my favorite developers and their antics. I've done so every single devstream over the course of almost a decade (unless life stops me. Work, etc). All I ask is that these devstreams don't become overly scripted corporate nonsense. I want personality with my sneak peeks and information. I don't want brain dead robots or an overabundance of premade videos.

If this changes the dev streams from being entertainingly unique showings of actual human beings excited about their weird videogame to tightly scripted or edited boring run-of-the-mill PR "checklists" it's gonna miss a lot of the character and charm that originally drew me to this developer and game. At that point i could just get the same info from a dry bulletpoint forum post and save myself some time.

On 2021-01-15 at 6:08 PM, (PSN)rossi-fe said:

so, a new regular frame but no new prime, when octavia or gara?

In terms of prime frames, I wouldn't think there would be a Gara Prime as her lore refers to regular Gara nuking the Eidolon and herself at the same time. I also don't think the will be a Revenant Prime for a similar reason, as Revenant wasn't originally Revenant as we know him. He was a completely different Warframe until the Eidolon corrupted him, making him all Sentient. Thus, it wouldn't make sense to have a Prime frame with Sentient abilities and aesthetic as there was originally no Sentient frame. They'd have to introduce it as a new Prime only variant, probably Warden Prime. 

On 2021-01-16 at 4:59 PM, Uan91 said:

you will have it for the whole month, as pc has

Does that mean specifically the whole month of February or four weeks? Because it would suck if console only got it for 28 days as opposed to 30.

I'm not really sure how interacting less with the community is going to address the problem of overpromising and underdelivering. Rather, the problem seems to lie with DE's internal production pipeline, which has been continually putting too many resources into big, half-baked bits of new content that fizzle out within a few months, and not enough into durable improvements to the Warframe. We'll see how these new dev streams turn out, but I'm not sure this is really going to improve communications between players and developers.

On 2021-01-15 at 12:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a teaspoon more organization in our typically candid and fun Devstreams.

Please promise it's just going to be a teaspoon. Your candor is what makes the streams so fun to watch.

I do like the idea of the streams running longer though. It always seems like you're putting too much pressure on yourselves to cram everything into that one hour.

It was fine on how Devstreams were handled back then, why change that?

But at least now you're giving us a clear date on those now. Although, wouldn't that also mean that you're giving yourselves like a deadline to present something for each and every end of the month now?

What about Gift of the Lotus alerts now? Does it mean that we'll get one per month or are you shifting them up a bit?

Archived