Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Levelling Up Test

CaptainEras

My other thread about the mastery tests got closed so I'm not here to start any more confrontation but just to say I walked test 7 with a blindfold on. which is what I said I could do if I chose to . . . but few understood the theme of my other thread so decided to do what I could have done any time I decided to . . .just to prove my point without getting called a liar again.

Edited by CaptainEras

Here's a thought for DE.

Ask yourself if Mastery tests aren't a bit outdated ?

I have seen numerous reviews of the game online praising how good and individual the main game is compared with other offerings out there, so why not drop the mastery part and transfer the effort more into the main game.

Unfortunately the design council thread for ideas on choosing new people to make up the numbers got closed before I could give any input so just to be cheeky I have put my  suggestion here:

Take them from the "Hunters" and "Disciples", those 2 groups have already shown their loyalty to the project.

The tests are not just "outdated", they are "out of place" and in the case of the 7-8 test they are "out of order".

With Mastery Rank being tied to building weapons and with DE constantly buggering all the decent weapons it seems more than appropriate to unlock new weapons in an alternative way.

Unlock the weapons based on accumulated mastery exp points rather than on passing some bizarre test which may or may not work.

Then for those who desperately want some recognition of their pro-gamer testing skills - give a merit badge after passing the test so they can pin it on their frame like the event badges.

Not really a fan of the tests either, part of the problem is how poorly explained they are, I didn't even notice the timer till after I failed once. It'd be better if we at least had some trial runs, as it is you go into them completely blind, possibly ill-equipped, the whole place is stupidly bright, then mix in the many bugs this game has and whee, so much fun..The real kick in the teeth is how you have to wait 24 hours to try again.

Edited by PhoenixShi

• 4 weeks later...

I just failed again time and went to YouTube to watch someone else pass it.

WTF!!! He could actually see the targets. They are almost completely washed out and virtually invisible on my screen. Cant shoot what I cant see. Since that seems to be the only map with that particular look I'm pretty much stuck at 0 because I can't even tweek my video preferences in an attempt to compensate. 

The rest of the game plays and looks fine.