Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I understanding Kuva Liches?

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

So I've been doing A LOT of Kuva Liches lately, in attempts to get the weapons and maybe the ephemeras as well. I haven't really been enjoying it, and I'm a bit ticked there's nothing I can do to change the system. However, I've been thinking recently I'm getting some facts wrong about actually doing the Kuva Liches. Here they are:

• Do killing Thralls of another Kuva Lich add to the Rage Meter of your own Kuva Lich, or do you constantly need to kill your Kuva Lich's Thralls?
  • Is it faster to build up Murmurs using long missions or fast missions? Either way, which ones are priority?
  • Once I manage to get all three Murmurs revealed, should I go into solo mode to lure my Lich out or stay in a group?
  • And since this is one of the gamemodes I really, really, really want to be better in the future, is there any news of Kuva Liches changing in 2021 as of now?

EDIT:

I have additional questions since I didn't think of it at the time.

• Is it better to farm Liches and Murmurs alone or in a group? Is it up to preference?
  • When is it good to convert Liches? Is it optimal to do so with low weapon bonus Liches, or should I do so with high weapon bonus/ephemera Liches (even if I don't have all of them)?

19 answers to this question

18 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Do killing Thralls of another Kuva Lich add to the Rage Meter of your own Kuva Lich, or do you constantly need to kill your Kuva Lich's Thralls?

killing a thrall on a planet your lich has control of will add to your own lichs rage bar.
killing a thrall not on a planet your lich has control over just adds murmur progress.

Is it faster to build up Murmurs using long missions or fast missions? Either way, which ones are priority?

missions like survival make thralls appear more often as there spawn rate is faster an so hit the spawn cap for them rather quickly.
tho a longer mission doesnt really matter as you kill enemies the more a thrall will spawn till there spawn cap is hit.
think it's like 16 to 18 thralls spawn in a mission is the cap.

Once I manage to get all three Murmurs revealed, should I go into solo mode to lure my Lich out or stay in a group?

always be in a group when doing lichs as you get player backup so even if you think you can beat the lich it helps out as backup is always the best method.

Is it better to farm Liches and Murmurs alone or in a group? Is it up to preference?

its better as you have the player backup when fighting a lich but also when one player fails at a requiem order check EVERYONE gets murmur progress so its a big help to all in the team.
its also good as you each can take turns picking a mission so you stall lichs spawn progress as there is a big chance that you all might have differnt planets your lichs have control over. 
Tho if you share a planet this helps out too as your able to bring up your lichs rage meter.
also its good to have good communication with the team as if your gonna stab or pass on your lichs spawn as that way if your half way across the map an it spawns rather far away you dont want the team to knock it down 3 times an make it flee from you.
the communication is also good as say you want to squeeze out some extra thralls in the mission as when a lich spawns it's converted enemies into thralls do not count towards the max spawn cap of thralls. but also if you leave the thralls alone when your lich is knocked down an you take a stab at it an say fail you then can kill those thralls for abit of rage bar progress if its on your lichs controlled planet.

4 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

And since this is one of the gamemodes I really, really, really want to be better in the future, is there any news of Kuva Liches changing in 2021 as of now?

They're updating it so the final battle takes place in Railjack as shown off at TennoCon 2019, and also updating it a bit. The only concrete thing we know is that there will be a "wildcard" Requiem mod that can fill in for an unknown Requiem.

46 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

If I'm in a big game hunt mode I take my Knell, if I miss the head shot I have to reload and go again before the Lich charges but when it hits the head EVERYTHING JUST DIES. :)

I use other weapons and Warframes, Mags a fun one to put the Lich in a bubble and watch them squirm, though they sort of get sick of that after the 2nd bubble. haha (level 5 Lich)

Atlas likes beating the Lich to a pulp and the rumblers are a good distraction.

Mesa if you're in a flatout hurry to farm that one Lich.

Xaku can be fun once you get his 15 friends going, (Grasp Of Lohk) though it doesn't seem to get enough thralls created because my 15 friends are killing everything.

Khora is excellent for chaining the Lich down with Ensnare if you have a jack in the box one that jumps all over the place.

Nehza is fun to fight a Lich with melee, whenever the Lich picks up Nezha you just get put back down because the Lich cannot throw you away with Warding Halo active.

Plenty of other Warframes to try out and have fun with, everyone has their own hunting style.

I didn't even know that about different frames you could use for it. I love playing Nezha, myself. XD

2 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:
  • Do killing Thralls of another Kuva Lich add to the Rage Meter of your own Kuva Lich, or do you constantly need to kill your Kuva Lich's Thralls?

This is situational.
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: so long as you are on a specific node that your Kuva Lich is controlling, any thrall will count. If you are NOT on a Kuva Lich-Controlled node, then the thrall will simply give murmur and will not piss off your Lich. This is useful if you don't want to have RNG send your lich after you one too many times.

• Is it faster to build up Murmurs using long missions or fast missions? Either way, which ones are priority?

There is a set number of thrall per mission (this number is usually 10). If this number is not reached, the node will remain under your Kuva Lich's power. Super-quick missions like Capture, Spy, and even Exterminate (if you nuke everything too fast) have a tendency to complete the mission without clearing every thrall; resulting in you going back into the mission two or even three times to kill them all and clear the node.
TL;DR
Survival and Mobile Defence are my go-to's for "quick" missions that will almost guarantee all thrall dying.

• Once I manage to get all three Murmurs revealed, should I go into solo mode to lure my Lich out or stay in a group?

Short answer: to each his own. Whichever you find to be faster.

3 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:
  • And since this is one of the gamemodes I really, really, really want to be better in the future, is there any news of Kuva Liches changing in 2021 as of now?

Dates are subject to change, so I can't say 2021 to be exact, but they're planning to have Converted Kuva Liches as Railjack crewmembers, as well as Corpus Liches being a thing. Truth be told, I don't know how to feel about the latter 😅

Hope these answers help! Happy hunting, Tenno!

39 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

I'll just blame my frustration with them recently on my bad luck lately, then. I honestly really do like Liches, I just wish they were a little easier to grind. XD

That said, it's kinda the reason for my post. I'm wondering if I'm missing something with how I'm going about farming them.

If I'm in a big game hunt mode I take my Knell, if I miss the head shot I have to reload and go again before the Lich charges but when it hits the head EVERYTHING JUST DIES. :)

I use other weapons and Warframes, Mags a fun one to put the Lich in a bubble and watch them squirm, though they sort of get sick of that after the 2nd bubble. haha (level 5 Lich)

Atlas likes beating the Lich to a pulp and the rumblers are a good distraction.

Mesa if you're in a flatout hurry to farm that one Lich.

Xaku can be fun once you get his 15 friends going, (Grasp Of Lohk) though it doesn't seem to get enough thralls created because my 15 friends are killing everything.

Khora is excellent for chaining the Lich down with Ensnare if you have a jack in the box one that jumps all over the place.

Nehza is fun to fight a Lich with melee, whenever the Lich picks up Nezha you just get put back down because the Lich cannot throw you away with Warding Halo active.

Plenty of other Warframes to try out and have fun with, everyone has their own hunting style.

2 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

It might just be me then with thinking it's a grind and the terrible luck I've had the past couple of days.

Four Radiation Liches with no ephemera, two in a row with 25% bonuses. XD

Been there done that, in my early days with them I had heaps of Lich with crappy stat no sparkly extras, then all of a sudden I started getting some which gave me hope to go on, now I like the Lich hunting.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Really ?

After they partially fixed them I thought they were fun... I binged on them so hard it confused my clan mates....

But then again I wasn't grinding for anything Particular so I guess that's why they felt fine for me.

Same I don't really find them a grind, though same players do, I like going and beating them up got over 60 of them and all ephemera, I keep one around on one planet until I'm in the mood for a Lich hunt. :P

It's going to be interesting to see how they do the system when they bring out the Corpus Lich's.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Really ?

After they partially fixed them I thought they were fun... I binged on them so hard it confused my clan mates....

But then again I wasn't grinding for anything Particular so I guess that's why they felt fine for me.

It might just be me, but it's not fun at all if you're doing them in bulk like I've been doing today. Getting a single weapon with a good bonus and maybe an ephemera? Yeah, it's awesome. Getting ALL the weapons AND maybe wanting to max out one or two of the bonuses? It's hell.

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

They could most likely make the Lich system more streamlined, though I wouldn't want them to make the actual fighting thralls and Lich's easier, if that's a better description from my post.

Ahh, okay! I'm in agreement then; if they just fixed it up a bit instead of rehauling the system, this would be one of my favorite activities in Warframe.

7 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

If you don't mind me asking, why so? I've always found Liches to be one of the worst grinds.

Really ?

5 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

If you don't mind me asking, why so? I've always found Liches to be one of the worst grinds.

They could most likely make the Lich system more streamlined, though I wouldn't want them to make the actual fighting thralls and Lich's easier, if that's a better description from my post.

19 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Do killing Thralls of another Kuva Lich add to the Rage Meter of your own Kuva Lich, or do you constantly need to kill your Kuva Lich's Thralls?

Uhm.... I have no idea.... 

Im going to assume it doesn't based on my experience.

20 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Is it faster to build up Murmurs using long missions or fast missions? Either way, which ones are priority?

I think Enemy Density is more important than mission length.... So any mission that doesn't have a finite set of slowly spawning Enemies should yield more Kitchens...

Atleast that's how I think it works...

21 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Once I manage to get all three Murmurs revealed, should I go into solo mode to lure my Lich out or stay in a group?

Solo....

Actually you should confirm with your group what the purposes of your Get together is....  If all of you have Liches occupying different territories then you can control who's Lich will show up just by going to that player Lich's Territory. 

Other wise you can't control which Lich will show up if the Territories Overlap.

Archived