Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mech event biggest clunky mess I have ever seen

Killa_Byte

let first start off navigation in the event map is horrid , extraction is a joke , second to run half way through the map on this clunky garbage can is a joke get stuck on every little thing / object they are way to big for the tile set , what are you people thinking ? are you?  sad part I wasted plat and a lot of time on this like the rail jack i wish I never did period !

You don't have to stay in the mech 100% of the time you know, you can use Warframes everywhere except within the Orphix bubbles, and you can even use spoiler mode inside the bubbles for whatever minor travelling you need to do there. Using your mech from the gear wheel while it is already active will teleport it to you with no cooldown if you need to bring it to you.

I personally don't mind mech movement too much as they fit through 90% of openings and you can jump/glide over areas with lots of boxes in the way or whatever, but as above, using the mech for movement isn't even required if you hate it that much.

45 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

It would've been better to use the Mars and Venus planet maps instead of the claustrophobic maps of the Grineer galleon

Considering it's pretty much a player stress test for using mechs in regular missions, it makes sense that it's set in the confined maps, as inconvenient as it is.

This mech "event" is just open beta testing for mechs in instanced maps. It won't be worked much beyond what we have.. Maybe beyond few glaring bugs.

DE pulled their famous "60% completion on relase" move and I really doubt they will bother to make it past "61%" this, or any other year.

21 hours ago, Killa_Byte said:

get stuck on every little thing

You learn to use it. I rarely stuck on something after ~30 days of grind. Sure, there are things that you get stuck and you shouldn't (like some stairs).

21 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

You don't have to stay in the mech 100% of the time you know, you can use Warframes everywhere except within the Orphix bubbles, and you can even use spoiler mode inside the bubbles for whatever minor travelling you need to do there. Using your mech from the gear wheel while it is already active will teleport it to you with no cooldown if you need to bring it to you.

I personally don't mind mech movement too much as they fit through 90% of openings and you can jump/glide over areas with lots of boxes in the way or whatever, but as above, using the mech for movement isn't even required if you hate it that much.

From rent-a-mech user perspective it's not that nice but a lot still holds true.

I'm using mech for main routes (where I don't need to jump a lot) and... spoiler mode for the rest. Mech is not so good for "up/down" movements.

Few things that's bad if you don't have a mech:

- if you die as an... spoiler mode you will get transported to your frame (

- mech spawning isn't perfect so you may not find one

- it's better to get one mech rather than wait 7 long seconds

object they are way to big for the tile set

On 2 map I tested (2nd one only few times) it meant for precise movement. Mech might be good for open world... and when this open world doesn't have ceilings. However for smaller maps mech's size & movement is very restricting.

sad part I wasted a lot of time on this wish I never did period !

It was very grindy (100-200 cels per ~20 minutes) but at least there is a shop. There should be shop(s) where you can buy all RNG stuffs (frame, weapons etc).

11 hours ago, quxier said:

It was very grindy (100-200 cels per ~20 minutes) but at least there is a shop. There should be shop(s) where you can buy all RNG stuffs (frame, weapons etc).

In the groups I went to we earned ~2000 cells in a full run.

The event is basically not worth playing unless you or someone in your party can carry the high tier.

I also like the reward system with the backup shop, definitely something the rest of the game could use.

12 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

In the groups I went to we earned ~2000 cells in a full run.

The event is basically not worth playing unless you or someone in your party can carry the high tier.

It depends what you need and if you have some mech (and maybe operator).

I've not played Scarlet spear so I don't have Ceti Lacera, Basmu, Simulacrum Scene and arcanes (Energize for me). If I have those things I guess it might be farming Lavos & Cedo and arcanes to sell. I guess I could earn ~10 arcanes (per 800 phasic cells one). Selling those would give me 300-600 plat for one month grinds. Is it worth the effort? Maybe not, maybe there is better way to earn "easy plat".

Your mech/operator plays a role in it as well. If the enemies were bullet sponges and I couldn't even kill 5-6 orphixes then it wouldn't be worth. Loading & preparing would takes a more time than playing a game (even it's not a frame-based one). I can get 7-9 without huge problems and 10-12 when everything is good (near orphix spawns, good locations, I have enough energy etc). 

Those things (and the shop) makes it worth. Is it enjoyable? No. I mainly play Warframe for frames & weapons. Mechs are like huge (well, they are bigger, so what?) downgrade to frames. If I don't have to touch and see mechs again I would be happy.

Archived