Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Mods that switches weapons from Semi to Auto

Yonesis

Sorry if the title is a little bit confusing. I've been playing for a long time now and, many times, while grinding and doing missions for so long, the fingers start to hurt considerably if one is using semi weapons, many of them being my favourites. After a while wondering what to do to ease this problem, I thought that, like Silence Mods can silence weapons, you could create a set of mods (Primary/Secondary/Archweapon or Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Archweapon) that switch weapons from Semi to Auto/Held, for ease of use, and, well, the lessening of possible development of Carpal Tunnel and Arthritis between players.

For weapons like bows and the opticor, that have a mechanic of holding until let go, you could have a different automation of the weapon charging until a quickshot is possible and then firing. Of course, such automation of weapons would not violate the hard cap of the weapon's fire rate, which is a different stat entirely. Additionally, you could add a detriment to the mod, like reducing the damage and/or fire rate for 10 or 20% while using the mod, so it doesn't make the mod compete with other mods, nor make weapons compete unfairly with one another.

There is also the possible critique of adding such mods make the game too... friendly, like, "brain-dead" or something? But I would argue that such mods would shine most for players that play loads of the game and intend to do so which a variety of weapons. Still, would argue that Darvo is the most probable guy to present such things to the player, as the mod does give a "laid back" energy.

I also hope I'm not disrupting some well estabilished game balance I am not privy to by making such a suggestion, this was merely made in the spirit of being able to play the game more, better and more comfortably.

Thanks for all who read through o/

19 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

Have you tried binding the primary fire to the scroll wheel? I have heard that lessens the discomfort of using semi guns.

TBH this is why I think an addition like this would be fine without drawbacks (like the OP's mention of lesser fire rate or damage). It's straight-forward QoL, and IMO, better integrates into the game anyway - setting primary fire to the scroll wheel feels kind of hacky.

4 hours ago, Yonesis said:

Suggestion for Mods that switches weapons from Semi to Auto

Quick question.... Why do want this in the form of a Mod ? 

As things currently stand.... PC players already have a way around this issue and it doesn't cost them a Mod Slot. 🤔

using semi weapons, many of them being my favourites

Me Too 🙃 !!!

Additionally, you could add a detriment to the mod, like reducing the damage and/or fire rate for 10 or 20% while using the mod, so it doesn't make the mod compete with other mods, nor make weapons compete unfairly with one another.

Why do you want players to be punished for ergonomical Issues 😱 ?

There is also the possible critique of adding such mods make the game too... friendly, like, "brain-dead" or something?

Doubt it....

It's not like it's going to Aim and Reload for you....

3 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

setting primary fire to the scroll wheel feels kind of hacky.

The issue here is that some Semi Auto Weapons have a fire rate equal to or even Faster than some Full Auto Weapons.... Hence those Weapons should have just been full Auto to begin with.... 

As long as you aren't going into the Game's code and Actually tampering with the actual Fire Rate speeds then it's not Hacking.... If the game's code allows it then they might aswell make it easier to do for those not playing on PC.

I feel this is a problem much better solved on DE's end by configuration controls than by the modding system.  When it gets down to it, it's not just convenience but connects to serious issues of player health and accessibility. 

Some day the lack of this will seem as crazy to us as Diablo 2 making players click to pick up every item and coin.

4 hours ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

Have you tried binding the primary fire to the scroll wheel? I have heard that lessens the discomfort of using semi guns.

It works.  But my personal opinion is that its an unsatisfying workaround, as it doesn't have the precision that a full auto conversion would.  (It's also nice to save my mousewheel for other stuff--like melee spam.  😉 )  

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It works.  But my personal opinion is that its an unsatisfying workaround, as it doesn't have the precision that a full auto conversion would.  (It's also nice to save my mousewheel for other stuff--like melee spam.  😉 )  

True, I was just suggesting someting the author may use in the immediate. For a long term fix I agree, the mod/configuration would be much better.

22 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

When it gets down to it, it's not just convenience but connects to serious issues of player health and accessibility. 

While We're at it those Flashbang Grenades need to go to.... I swear even when I see one and Turn Around the game just Blinds me anyways....

ahhh-my-eyes.jpg

19 hours ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

True, I was just suggesting someting the author may use in the immediate. For a long term fix I agree, the mod/configuration would be much better.

In that case...

For PC players who use Controllers.... Enabling Steam Input can allow you to configure Turbo Functionality to the Fire Button. This can be achieved by using an Activator or a Modal Function....

Archived