Has anyone given thought to a new system of acquiring prime components?  I feel that so much time is spent within Warframe sitting in recruiting chat and waiting for others to run the same relic as yourself.  I just started playing consistently again, with about 1800 hours played, and have had so much time seemingly wasted attempting to recruit.  Tens of minutes seem to go by recruiting for EVEN nezha relics! I think that this dead space is a real problem, and for me, deteriorates the experience.  In the past we would spend hours on end grinding for components in endless survivals or defense missions, BUT at least we were playing the game!  I think this system needs an overhaul again, to reinvigorate the game and change it for the better.  Hopefully others agree.

• Like 3

If you want to play the game just play the game.

I don't really know what you expect honestly. There isn't any fix for this. Maybe if the matchmaking was tied to relics. Or you could choose to tie it to them I guess. Even then probably you wouldn't find a squad easily.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 7

i mean, you don't need to do recruitment chat to run relics. I run rad relics in public all the time. pretty much the only time I do recruitment is for relics that I have very little of

• Like 5

And how would you change it?

As already pointed out tying matchmaking to relics wont solve it and doing that could also break matchmaking completely on less populated regions. Seperate relic-specific queues? You still have to sit and wait. I mean, it's a valid point you have there, I suppose, but to solve an overall minor personal issue you have, you have to have at least a vague idea how it would be better for you, right?

If you find something annoying you either have an idea what bothers you and how to potentially remove or minimize it. If you don't know at least vaguely how you'd see it as improved then it's probably either not as bad or not as fixable, at least not as easily and even less so likely to please your needs as you thought. Just by saying: "Yeah, I don't like it right now, change it to something else I have no idea for." wont impact anything, I think.

And since you seemed to somewhat pitch the idea to go back to void keys at the end my personal opinion about that is:

No No No GIF

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, (PSN)MesonicDevotee6 said:

Tens of minutes seem to go by recruiting for EVEN nezha relics! I think that this dead space is a real problem

You're late to the party, by about 2 months, Nezha radshares were all over the place in the first month

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

If you want to play the game just play the game.

When you run a relic you are playing the game for a reward, a prime component that you can sell for plat or to build something you want.  So that's what I was doing, I wanted certain rewards but the path I had to follow had me sitting in recruiting chat for tens of minutes, which isn't fun. 

23 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

i mean, you don't need to do recruitment chat to run relics.

True, but then you are spending countless more hours trying to get a specific component because of the far worse odds.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

And how would you change it?

And since you somewhat implied to go back to void keys at the end my personal reaction is:

No No No GIF

The void key system began to fail because the amount of possible prime warframes, prime guns, etc. began to be too much for the relatively small amount of void keys.

Tower I: Capture, Defense, Extermination, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Survival (6)

Tower II: Capture, Defense, Extermination, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Survival (6)

Tower III: Capture, Defense, Extermination, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Survival (6)

Tower IV: Capture, Defense, Excavation, Interception, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Survival (7)

Now, there are a ridiculous amount of relics which can be run for certain sectioned off reward pools.  There are these small pools because there is now a massive pool of primes to pick from.  We all know the void key system wouldn't work nowadays because this pool of primes is far too big.  I brought up this post by asking if anyone else had come up with solutions to this problem, I didn't bring up changing the relic system and that was it, I wanted to know if other's had come up with ideas, that was the point of my post.

16 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

You're late to the party, by about 2 months, Nezha radshares were all over the place in the first month

Right, and this is happening because there are now specific sectioned off reward pools, to handle the massive pool of primes that exists, like I said to Deeceem.  The main problem this causes is the time wasted in recruiting chat time and time again, not playing the game, but hoping to play the game so you can get what you want.  Ideally, there would be a system where you are constantly playing the game and not having to wait in recruiting, this is probably impossible. The void key system was better because there were so many fewer keys in comparison to the relics now, but it wouldn't be viable if it were copy pasted now.  So I wonder if any creative people have been able to think of cool ideas that would solve this.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, (PSN)MesonicDevotee6 said:

Right, and this is happening because there are now specific sectioned off reward pools, to handle the massive pool of primes that exists, like I said to Deeceem.  The main problem this causes is the time wasted in recruiting chat time and time again, not playing the game, but hoping to play the game so you can get what you want.  Ideally, there would be a system where you are constantly playing the game and not having to wait in recruiting, this is probably impossible. The void key system was better because there were so many fewer keys in comparison to the relics now, but it wouldn't be viable if it were copy pasted now.  So I wonder if any creative people have been able to think of cool ideas that would solve this.

There is no wasted time when you radshare at the right time, unless you can change/ control people mentality you have to adapt, radshare at peak times or change regions because timezones are a thing. Expecting to get a instant radshare group for a prime that's been out for more than 3months is an unrealistic ask, you gotta wait couple of minutes

to me it seems you rather complain about it rather than change yourself to deal with the supposed problem.

• Like 3

I have so many things to say, but do yourself a favor and stay off recruiting chat.

Most people i met there are people who can't handle things on their own and just looking forward to get carried. 

Now for your problem, save some traces and just run rad on random matchmaking. The only rare parts are neuroptics and chassis. The former is from lith -which most players should have abundant of. The latter might be the one who'll give you the most trouble. This is where you definitely want to rad your N13s. BP and systems shouldn't be even near as hard.

i just helped a friend acquiring nezha prime with no nonsense trickery whatsoever. Just prepare the relics and keep opening them until you get what you need.

If you want to do something right, do it yourself. Recruiting chat is not a game mechanic. No need to blame some unofficial system that relies on people and trend. I sincerely wish you the best of luck, may you soon get that nezha you want. It's just gonna feel much sweeter when you do.

Edited by Soy77

@(PSN)MesonicDevotee6, I see. My bad. I mistook what you wrote then. 

Anyways, I think without a complete overhaul of how primes are acquired there is probably not much room to get rid of the waiting time in terms of the game's systems when it comes to matching up with random people with the exact same goal.

To answer your actual question then: personaly, I havn't seen anyone come up with a new prime acquisition system, no.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 1

Not being able to find a radshare isn't really a solvable issue just due to how loot works in this game. Simply that each person who farms/buys a prime is another person who no longer has a need or interest in running those specific relics makes radshares harder to find over time. Something like a group-finder would help mitigate the problem but you'll still have the odds stacked against you in finding a group at the specific time you're using it.

Perhaps the only solution (and possibly to a inevitable Relic 3.0 rework) would be turning Baro into a real prime parts dealer like people thought we was going to be on release. Essentially making him an npc route in trading to get around rng woes instead of going through trade chat. That way shares don't matter much when you can get an older part guaranteed from Baro.

• Like 1
vor 15 Stunden schrieb ReddyDisco:

Agreed. Though, 90% never even have the relic, but sign up, wait for all to accept to then go ahead and run another relic. Multiply this by a dozen and it's just a pain in the ass. 

I gave up on fissures tbh. I'm just buying primes now because I can't be asked of people wasting my time and energy. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

why not just bring back Void Key System

because it was terrible. 

if you're not finding people in recruit chat willing to run the relics with you, then there isn't much else anyone can do about it. ideally you gotta get in there as soon as the newest relics go live, then farm them (or crack open a few relics packs form your Syndicates - my preferred method) and then use recruit chat, and because everyone wants the same thing, there's no shortage of groups. Radshares usually are much easier to get into for about 2 weeks, after that most people have either farmed or traded and gotten all their parts, and the they have no interest in farming again unless they plan on selling spares.

your other options are to either Solo or PUG, hoping that maybe, just maybe, you'll land in a group with someone else that has a relic you want: it's not a reliable method, but it can works sometimes.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 2

Fissures in general just need a flat out rework, Radshare groups are just a community band-aid to the deeper problem of the intentional monotony of the relic system.

Reactant sucks, Endless fissures have weak incentives, No higher difficulty alternatives for opening relics, Only Capture and Extermination gets any attention to play a game of "race to the extraction"

• Like 1

The only real big change I'd like to see is requiring a relic to run the mission.  Now that they've done away with relic leeching, there is zero reason for anyone without a relic to run them, yet you still see people, either those who must not know about the anti-leeching or just don't understand the system, running them without a relic and bringing the groups chances of getting something good down.

Which is a better teaching tool for someone that doesn't know what fissure missions are; Trying to start a particular fissure and getting a message stating that you are required to have a relic to run it Or running a mission where at the end you see three people pick from rewards you can't have for reasons you don't understand and then possibly have those same people gripe at you for not understanding?

12 hours ago, (PSN)Ravenger-MRIB said:

The only real big change I'd like to see is requiring a relic to run the mission.

The only problem with this: Running without relics is perfectly acceptable if you're just trying to get yourself some void traces to enhance your relics and you don't have a ton of relics to spare.
For older players they have more relics than they could ever spend.
For newer players being able to just run fissures to get traces to upgrade the few relics they have is a nice option to have.
Hek I sometimes run high level survival fissures without relics if I'm out of void traces rather than burn lith relic after lith relic after lith relic because it's more entertaining that way.

Does it mess up groups? Sure...but then again you are doing it completely PUG and you shouldn't expect anything from a PUG.
And I seriously doubt that the players that choose not to bring a relic into a void fissure would have anything worthwhile to bring into the mission anyways.

On 2021-01-17 at 12:58 AM, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

why not just bring back Void Key System

The void key system sucked.
You were stuck in the same white-and-gold tileset against the same white-and-gold enemies for hours upon hours upon hours, running the same mission with absolutely no way to focus your rewards or increase your chances of getting rare items.
And the "best" part about it?  It was entirely possible to run an Axi defense mission to wave 20 and get orokin cells instead of a prime part!  What a slap in the face.

All of the drop tables were terrible, you couldn't focus to grind on something you want/need, you couldn't wait for a better mission to appear, and you could get literal trash for going 20 waves because RNG was RNG.
It only had one minor upside, which was endless missions gave you endless reward for one key....but if RNG wasn't with you it just turned into "Sleep through 20 waves and see that you got some Forma or some orokin cells, knowing that you have to spend another 20 waves for another 4% chance at getting the systems you wanted with absolutely nothing you can do to improve the grind!"

Strange I never needed to go to the recruiting chat for anything, I run with randoms or solo and everything is just fine. I got all prime frames and weapons in the first couple of months of play this way, while having fun in the missions. Sometimes I get a new prime in an hour, sometimes in a couple of days with no strain or overburning on relic missions. Just chill imo, the system is fine.

• Like 3

I just do random endless relic runs (even if it's only 20 minutes or wave), you will likely get people that throw out more rare relics. Especially higher MR players, we have a bunch of radiant relics from things like ESO and I just use them in runs, no reason not to if you have the part already. A pretty easy way to do it to is get in a squad for those runs and just ask if they have a certain relic, likely someone will and more often than not they will use it if you ask. So many people piggy back off other too, when they see someone use a radiant relic in a long run they will use the same relic radiant to help out lol.

• Like 1