Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to trade for platinum

AndrakeT

Question

Noob here.

I wanted to get my frost but I'm out of warframe slots. I need 10 more platinum. I verified an account on warframe.market but I'm not really sure what to sell. My question is: would anyone buy stuff from me? I'm not sure if someone would spend plat to buy things from an ultra noob, can't they just get it themselves?

Also I got 2 Mirage Prime Blueprints, is that good?

11 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, AndrakeT said:

I'm not sure if someone would spend plat to buy things from an ultra noob, can't they just get it themselves?

You'd be surprised.

In your position, I think the easiest thing to trade is Prime parts. Getting them is a matter of luck more than skill, and it can easily happen that you drop a rare piece that a veteran can't be bothered to chase.

Also, many veterans prefer having several full sets ready to be sold later, and may buy more than one rare pieces.

10 minutes ago, AndrakeT said:

Also I got 2 Mirage Prime Blueprints, is that good?

Mirage Prime's BP is a Rare piece and sells between... 25 and 30 plats.

Some people will buy random 'junk' prime parts for cheap whenever Baro rocks around and they need some extra ducats. Others will definitely want more specific prime parts.
Other than that, Ayatan Statues and Rivens are fairly reliable. If you luck out and get a Riven for something that's meta or new, you can easily get 50+ for a lowroll, hundreds for a highroll. Ayatans sell for low, but are fairly reliable. Bust open crates and lockers, scour every corner of the map, and do Maroo's weekly Ayatan hunt.

Other than that, I do see newer players occasionally on the trade chat looking for mods they are having a hard time coming by, so if you have something they don't it's an easy 5-10p (depending on mod rarity.)

3 hours ago, AndrakeT said:

How does that compare to the other prime blueprints? I think I heard something about a vault for mirage or something?

How it compares: it changes all the time. I can only suggest you get indicative figures on Warframe Market. Still: trash Prime pieces are a couple of plats each, extremely hot non-vaulted pieces go for.... 70? 100? Depends on piece and buyer.

Vault: when a new Prime set comes out, the oldest non-vaulted Prime is vaulted. That means: the relics can no longer be obtained. (If you have relics you can still open and trade them). This means that the price of the vaulted Primes slowly increases. Mirage is soon to be vaulted: this means she is currently very cheap (people have been getting her parts for three years) but from now on she's going to rise in price.

7 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

How it compares: it changes all the time. I can only suggest you get indicative figures on Warframe Market. Still: trash Prime pieces are a couple of plats each, extremely hot non-vaulted pieces go for.... 70? 100? Depends on piece and buyer.

Vault: when a new Prime set comes out, the oldest non-vaulted Prime is vaulted. That means: the relics can no longer be obtained. (If you have relics you can still open and trade them). This means that the price of the vaulted Primes slowly increases. Mirage is soon to be vaulted: this means she is currently very cheap (people have been getting her parts for three years) but from now on she's going to rise in price.

Oh damn.. thanks :D

So would you recommend selling it now or waiting a bit after she's vaulted? 

8 hours ago, AndrakeT said:

So would you recommend selling it now or waiting a bit after she's vaulted? 

You need plats now and you'll have to wait for quite a while before the price of Mirage Prime starts to raise substantially. We'lre talking, potentially, years.

I mean, my suggestion is to keep one copy for you - you will eventually want to build her and will not want to pay someone for something you sold - and keep farming Prime pieces. Recent Primes and ancient vaulted Primes are usually the highest commodities.

3 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

You need plats now and you'll have to wait for quite a while before the price of Mirage Prime starts to raise substantially. We'lre talking, potentially, years.

I mean, my suggestion is to keep one copy for you - you will eventually want to build her and will not want to pay someone for something you sold - and keep farming Prime pieces. Recent Primes and ancient vaulted Primes are usually the highest commodities.

there's are no real answer on making quick plats. waiting for buyers can be really bad when you need them quick.

your best bet would be just open the trade chat tab and see what people want. look for "WTB". if you happen to have something they want, immediately message the guy while he's still online and searching.

as others have said, probably you'll be selling prime junks that are more valuable as an individual piece than just junk to people who'll trade them for ducats.
say, you're already at loss when selling mirage prime blueprint as 100ducat prime junk, because someone out there might be looking for it as a blueprint which will up the price. but then again, you need it quick, so you have no choice.

cross check every item price you want to sell on warframe market. and beware for scams, triple check trading tips before you do it. good luck, tenno

Archived