Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status proc rework

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

This wont include heat and slash as i think they are in a good state. The rest of the purposed changes are mainly ->additions<- (addition means to add to something) to what  the status procs currently do

Edit, with the exception of magnetic, impact, and puncture

Universal effect rework

Stuns impact procs, electricity, freeze, etc (excluding heat) pause the time it takes for an enemy to aleart nearby enemies. Simular to finisher animations mechanics. Stopping the enemy from alerting others while under the effect

Impact 

Completely changing this

100% chance to either mercy kill or use a finisher on an enemy below 25% health. Deal 50% extra damage on the next hit after an impact proc, multiplied by the number of procs youve stacked on the enemy (caps at 500%), x2 for slam attacks (cap 1000% for slams). 

Puncture

Completely changing this too

Creates a weakpoint on the enemy that allows the player to deal 25% true damage plus 10% per proc when hit in that same spot.

Toxin

Enemies below 30% health instantly die

Electricicity

20% chance on proc to send an arc of electricity through 3 enemies up to 7m away for 100% of the weapons damage and stunning enemies hit

Cold

Adds 5% flat crit chance per proc against cold affected enemy, caps at 35% at max slow from cold proc. In addition theres a 15% chance to freeze enemies on a proc for 3 seconds, and instantly max the crit chance and slow buff

Gas

Killing enemies currently hit by a gas proc spreads the proc to enemies within 7m. Status duration of other elemental procs are refreshed and extended by 1 second per proc (caps at 10 seconds)

Blast

Randomly procs 1 of the 3 IPS status effects. At max stacks, enemies within a 7m radius suffer from all 3 ips effects and the element(s) on the players weapon

Magnetic

Remove the extra damage to shields, instead; deal more damage to enemies per hit, up to 325% (this is due to the increase attraction of the bullets to the enemy). Shields will not regen while magnitized, and shield gating gets ignored

Corrosive

Enemies under 50% health can have their armor permanently removed

Viral

5% chance per proc to drop a health orb on death (caps at 50%).

Radiation

5% chance per proc to drop an energy orb on death (caps at 50%).

Thoughts?

My thoughts on status in general is: 

There are 3 fundamental problems with status 

1. There is no need to have combined element's. They just add unnecessary complexity because there no need for 16 diferent damage types. That's why we have multiple element's that do the same thing , but some are just straight up better at it.

2. Status apply their effects after damage calculations screwing low roof weapons 

3. Status is not tied to the weapon base damage making it so only Hight roof weapon cam effectively use utility status effects.

There no point on reworking status if these flaws are not going to be addressed 

Speaking about the Indian changes proposed. I will only speak about thr ones I have problem with 

29 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

100% chance to either mercy kill or use a finisher on an enemy below 25% health

The problem with the mercy synergy is mercy itself is bad mechanic. If we could ateast mercy at range a la scorpion. The mercy mechanics could be effecly used.

eal 50% extra damage on the next hit after an impact proc, multiplied by the number of procs youve stacked on the enemy (caps at 500%), x2 for slam attacks (cap 1000% for slams). 

Did not understand that one you can't effectively ( yada yada I know it can  happen with. Ore than 100% status chance) stack this since when you proc the next proc you will consume the bonus from the previous one. I would make the element more expecialized so the damage bonus only applies to melee hits 

Toxin

Enemies below 30% health instantly die

Electricicity

Don't fix what is not broken 

Adds 5% flat crit chance per proc against cold affected enemy, caps at 35% at max slow from cold proc. In addition theres a 15% chance to freeze enemies on a proc for 3 seconds, and instantly max the crit chance and slow buff

Just make it so full procs . Just copy the passive I gave frost on this rework 

Remove the extra damage to shields, instead; deal more damage to enemies per hit, up to 325% (this is due to the increase attraction of the bullets to the enemy). Shields will not regen while magnitized, and shield gating gets ignored

Don't make a new viral damage.

Radiation

5% chance per proc to drop an energy orb on death (caps at 50%).

Radiations is situational but it is amazing when needed. Radiation shuts down auras , thats extremely valuables.

27 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The problem with the mercy synergy is mercy itself is bad mechanic. If we could ateast mercy at range a la scorpion. The mercy mechanics could be effecly used.

Hel i say add that and multi-finishers imo

Did not understand that one you can't effectively ( yada yada I know it can  happen with. Ore than 100% status chance) stack this since when you proc the next proc you will consume the bonus from the previous one. I would make the element more expecialized so the damage bonus only applies to melee hits 

What do you mean? If you proc right after the next you deal 50% damage first with the damage that came with the impact proc, 100% extra damage on the next impact proc that has damagae following it, etc

Don't fix what is not broken

Words that bring death to innovation

This advice is best given to those who dont really know what theyre doing. To those who know more, they turn planes into jets.

Don't make a new viral damage.

Dont say not to make a new viral damage.

Cmon, no fair!

Radiations is situational but it is amazing when needed. Radiation shuts down auras , thats extremely valuables

Couldnt agree more, but yeah. Its very situational, very

Plus ive heard that the creation of the zenurik focus tree was to help those saying that they werent getting enough energy. I think a change like this could make radiation more useful, an actual competitor to things like viral and heat

17 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

What do you mean? If you proc right after the next you deal 50% damage first with the damage that came with the impact proc, 100% extra damage on the next impact proc that has damagae following it, etc

I tought it was a consumables vulnerability debuff. You hit the damage is buffed and the debuff removed 

Words that bring death to innovation

This advice is best given to those who dont really know what theyre doing. To those who know more, they turn planes into jets

Your version remove the thing poison is most know for. 

It already delivers the fantasy of poison , you are already dead and will slowly dies. If it was for modernize it just make it so if the enemy has more than two times his reaming health as poison proc he just dies. 

Dont say not to make a new viral damage

Viral damage is so good that making a new one is a bad idea. Especially when the old one was changed and people will complain to the end of times about having to swap d for dash polarities to get the old effect 

Plus ive heard that the creation of the zenurik focus tree was to help those saying that they werent getting enough energy. I think a change like this could make radiation more useful to things like viral and heats limited situational reqs

After playing lavosna bit , I'm even more certain DE has to rework energy to be more forgiving to new players and not inifity for veterans. Outside of larvos 3 not working on recently killed enemies  ( and his 2 now allowing you to turn ) his kit feels really good and does not require me to play the zenuiek dance or use arcane energize. 

6 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Your version remove the thing poison is most know for. 

Nah these are additions haha

Viral damage is so good that making a new one is a bad idea. Especially when the old one was changed and people will complain to the end of times about having to swap d for dash polarities to get the old effect 

I hear, i dont know if youre seeing these things as additions

Impact, puncture, and magnetic only ones that werent so much additions

After playing lavosna bit , I'm even more certain DE has to rework energy to be more forgiving to new players and not inifity for veterans. Outside of larvos 3 not working on recently killed enemies  ( and his 2 now allowing you to turn ) his kit feels really good and does not require me to play the zenuiek dance or use arcane energize. 

Hecks yeah! Cant wait to get my hands on him

Well, on him again. My frost wants his vail rush lol

• You removed a lot about what makes the procs unique. And where you didn't, you didn't capitalize on it.
  • No consistency. Some status procs you stuck with the 10 proc cap, some status only need one, etc...
  • IPS shouldn't have damage centric procs in a system where you can't build for them, it's the same problem Railjack has/had. Slash manages to be fine simply because of the amount of forced procs this game has.
  • Some are needlessly weak like viral.

9 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:
  • You removed a lot about what makes the procs unique. And where you didn't, you didn't capitalize on it.
  • No consistency. Some status procs you stuck with the 10 proc cap, some status only need one, etc...
  • IPS shouldn't have damage centric procs in a system where you can't build for them, it's the same problem Railjack has/had. Slash manages to be fine simply because of the amount of forced procs this game has.
  • Some are needlessly weak like viral.

Slash is fine because DE allowed you to proc it, but since DE doesnt let you proc puncture and impact as much you shouodnt be able to deal extra damage with them?

What?

As for the rest idk why you guys are saying i removed anything. Did everyone skip the first 2 sentences on the page? ~85% of these are additions

4 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

but since DE doesnt let you proc puncture and impact as much you shouodnt be able to deal extra damage with them?

What?

It just overly values certain weapons. And if the proc is so good it's meta, it kills weapons that don't have it outright. I.E. the Larkspur in Railjack. 

Slash ekes out an acceptance because DE has already added multiple ways to get it through Hunter Munitions, Heavy Attack procs, stance procs, Garuda, etc...

As for the rest idk why you guys are saying i removed anything.

It's hard to infer that in some of them. I.E. are you saying viral and magnetic both increase damage to health by 325%?

21 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

It's hard to infer that in some of them. I.E. are you saying viral and magnetic both increase damage to health by 325%?

Viral to health, magnetic all, max stacks 650 achievable

That or prehaps add some sort of cap. Magnetic alresdy suffers from being a pretty bad damage type regardless tho, so i didnt find the cap to necessary.

Oo or a better idea, tie virals increase damage to health to melee only, magnetic to projectiles. Something like that could be pretty nice in creating more variety

Least magnetic will not be tied to corpus only scenarios whereas viral and corrosive had oppurtunity against every faction. Bit unfair to other status effects doing that...

24 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

It's hard to infer that in some of them

You dont have to infer, i tell you which get removed and which dont in the post already lol. First 2 sentences

Ive added extra clarification in an edit if its really needed

"Complete change" means its been changed completely. If it had its previous mechanic still in it, it wouldnt be a complete change. Therefore the words together mean that the previous mechanic has been overwritten, replaced, removed

Then magnetic reads "removed"

18 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

i tell you which get removed and which dont in the post already

I guess I skimmed over it, my mistake. I thought I hadn't missed anything important based on how the other guy phased his post.

But I do think some of them are overtuned, and don't really stick to their current thematic IMO.

Has anyone played Risk of Rain 2?

Why?

Well in ROR 2 they have status type effects that can cause another status type to happen. Let’s say lightning hits an opponent and it bounces and hits 4 others, then that triggers explosion to trigger and hits 5 more witch then fire off lighting or gas. Gas triggers more effects and you get a status chain.

I have been thinking about the bad status and this is he solution I have come up with for them. Let’s take the less than good status and make them good. 

The not so good status

Rad, lighting, toxin, cold, magnetic, impact, puncture.

Now what

ones stay bad, but can chain and what ones get better?

Get better

Rad, impact, magnetic.

Rad status now also increases chance to cause more status to the target and anything hit by the statuses coming off the target. 5%-50%

Impact keep what it has add, for every impact status on the target any damage done removes that amount of status as base armour. Same as shattering impact, but max removal is 10 per hit.

Mag can just make a Mag the frame type bubble on the target. Guns do more and the enemy’s hurt them selfs.

Status chains

lighting bounces 1-10 times 25% status chance on bounce to cause a new status.

toxin each tick has a 1%-10% chance to trigger new status.

gas same as toxin

cold after 3 seconds alive or dead cold target freezes over and explodes anything hit by it as a 10% status chance.

puncture each stack creates a puncture projectile when target is hit up to 10. Status chance 10%

I know it’s a mess and a little long and done on a phone... Point is this would make other statuses worth building. Do you want slash single target damage or do you want room clearing status chains?

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

Rad status now also increases chance to cause more status to the target and anything hit by the statuses coming off the target. 5%-50%

I was following but you lost me after the 3rd line

Impact keep what it has add, for every impact status on the target any damage done removes that amount of status as base armour. Same as shattering impact, but max removal is 10 per hit.

Its meh, i believe armor values can scale really high on enemies though. Id have to test it but it seems like this will lose a lot of use in high level content

Mag can just make a Mag the frame type bubble on the target. Guns do more and the enemy’s hurt them selfs

Yea i thing mag should increase damage too but no bubble. Thats void damage's stupid effect

toxin each tick has a 1%-10% chance to trigger new status.

gas same as toxin

Huh? Why?

And what do you mean new status? Not talking like heat right? Doesnt make sense

But if youre talking about another poison proc i dont see the point 🤔 

cold after 3 seconds alive or dead cold target freezes over and explodes anything hit by it as a 10% status chance.

Going to be alot of explosions coming from the glaxion and Guass

Idk how that would work on frost freeze applying cold 🤔

puncture each stack creates a puncture projectile when target is hit up to 10. Status chance 10

What??? I dont see what anything in this sentence means??

Do you want slash single target damage or do you want room clearing status chains?

Neither, just want interesting variety. One that chains, one that slashes, one tht slows, etc

And i want the ability to capitalize on thise effects indiviually for mire experiemental gameplay

That way we haveless of the "single warframe" issue

BDMblue: "I know its long"

Its no problem. You only said things that people who agree with you might have commented. So all you did technically was take their words in put in one comment instead of having me get 20 comments from different people that i would have to read through

I dont think people get that when they say "no wall of text" lol. Like a person giving you 4 paragraphs of text for 4 different abilities is the same amount of reading as a single paragraph from 4 different people discusing 4 diff abilities you know? Its still bloody 4 paragraphs 😂

Only difference is, you might not get all 4 people to comment on your idea soooo, gl with that self defeating mentality 😂.......

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

thought I hadn't missed anything important based on how the other guy phased his post.

It be like that

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

But I do think some of them are overtuned, and don't really stick to their current thematic IMO.

Buffed i think is a better word than overtuned (impact, puncture, and radiation maybe. The rest i highly disagree)

Plus, i dont see how puncture shot to the leg magically reducing a bullets damage is seen as thematic. Or radiation procs increasing the damage dealt to the enemy by only its allies fits. Puncture creating a puncture in armor, radiation making players go radioactive (more deadly and charged up like Godzilla) would seem loads more fitting

There are a lot of status effects in warframe, and for them to be special and not overpower the other in terms of usefulness, they need to be both different and have equal oppurtunity for usage

Unfortunately, with armor and health being the highest threat in the game, and being found in all factions in some way. Corrosive, heat, viral, and slash become way better than any other status effect in the game as they focus on health and armor

So how do you make things like magnetic better it needs more usage thus why i gave it a damage boost. If 325% seems to high hell do 100%, much better than only making it useful against corpus shield

Impact and puncture are meant to compliment slash, not make them better than a slash weapon. Impact still deals less damage to health than slash, and less to armor than puncture, so weapons that capitalizes on either of the stats now have their own special use for applying a high multitude of slash, puncture, or impact procs in addition to not being so situational. Impact was designe for cc, puncture well... basically cc too, slash stood alone at being very useful in all situations. You dont need cc if the enemy is already dead, and puncture and impact could never offere enough cc to keep you protected from anything. You got 5 enemies on you at once typically, at most you can only LIGHTLY cc one enemy, making the procs so useless that theyre willing to sacrifice some damage from it to make other effects of their weapons stronger (rivens)

Not a fair trade off by a long shot

So the buffs im purposing are supposed to work as a way to not nerf current status effects, and to not make any other effects have more scenarios for usage than others. Allowing for more creative gameplay

On 2021-01-18 at 7:06 AM, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Buffed i think is a better word than overtuned

• Impact - Maybe it's worded in a way that I don't see what you really mean, but it just looks like a 500% damage increase.
  • Puncture - 115% true damage if you hit the sonar spot.
  • Toxin - Insta kills at 30% health, on top of ignoring shields and dealing a DoT.
  • Blast - Force procs slash, your buffed impact, your buffed puncture, and all elements on you weapon in a 7m AoE.
  • Magnetic - +325% damage to health and shields.
  • Radiation - 50% chance for enemies to drop an energy orb. Power previously requiring a parazon finisher (and its mod); Or with Spectrorage, requiring 75 energy, a helminthed ability, an augment slot, and only it's in a small AoE that requires mods to compliment it. Now I just spam a Nukor into a crowd and get that for basically free.

Plus, i dont see how puncture shot to the leg magically reducing a bullets damage is seen as thematic.

I view it more as you're damaging their weapon, but yeah, the name could have been changed after damage 1.0 got removed.

So how do you make things like magnetic better it needs more usage thus why i gave it a damage boost.

Utility. Not everything needs to be a damage increase for it to be useful, look at Radiation. Now with Magnetic, the thematic and non-damage focus thing would have it do something like pull enemies to one another, and this also gives it synergy with Gas (its paired dual element).

and puncture and impact could never offere enough cc to keep you protected from anything.

I beg to differ. I like my power fantasy, but just dealing or increasing damage is not a good system.

making the procs so useless that theyre willing to sacrifice some damage from it to make other effects of their weapons stronger (rivens)

That's pretty much pointless after the Revised update removed IPS' 4x proc weighting. If you want more damage then make the damage modifiers better (I.E. 100% for IPS), but don't make everything directly DPS centric.

and to not make any other effects have more scenarios for usage than others.

Because within reason, you just made them all the same. They either increase damage, or they deal DoTs.

-------------------

Here's my suggestions from another thread to show my thought process.

• Impact: Enemies are Condemned (Harrow's 1 CC) for 1s (+0.25s). At max stacks enemies are vulnerable to Parazon mercy kills regardless of remaining health
  • Puncture: Enemies have a 35% (+8%) chance to be disarmed or briefly stunned once. At max stacks, consume all stacks to heal you and allies within 10m by 15%
  • Slash: Make it so it bypasses enemy shields again
  • Heat: n/a
  • Cold: Enemies are slowed by 50% (+4%), and other status proc durations on the enemy are refreshed and paused for the duration
  • Electricity: The status proc now spreads to all unafflicted enemies within 3m, and critical hits now force proc electricity. Enemies also have a 40% (+4%) increased chance to drop an energy orb
    • I.E. if an enemy naturally has a 5% chance to drop an energy orb, at 10 or more stacks (b/c DoT elements have uncapped stacks) they will have a 10% chance.
  • Toxin: Increase the DoT duration back to 8 seconds, and return the +50% damage to Ferrite armor
  • Radiation: 12s duration and previous allies deal 100% (+25%) true damage to the victim
  • Corrosive: Unlimited duration 35% (+7%) armor strip that is additive with heat
  • Magnetic: Enemies within 10m (+1m) are also pulled together similar to Magnetize  
  • Viral: n/a
  • Blast: Knockdown enemies in a 5m radius. Killing an enemy with a blast proc deals 25% (+2%) of their max health and shields as blast damage in a 5m (+0.5m) radius
  • Gas: Create two 3m explosions, one causing a heat proc and the other a toxin proc. Killing the enemy causes the explosion to linger for 3s (+1/3s)

The point isn't to make everything compete with viral, it's to give it a purpose. Much like how toxin/radiation don't compete with viral currently, but they are so strong in their niche you can't argue against them.

On 2021-01-18 at 10:44 PM, KitMeHarder said:
  • Impact - Maybe it's worded in a way that I don't see what you really mean, but it just looks like a 500% damage increase.
  • Puncture - 115% true damage if you hit the sonar spot.
  • Toxin - Insta kills at 30% health, on top of ignoring shields and dealing a DoT.
  • Blast - Force procs slash, your buffed impact, your buffed puncture, and all elements on you weapon in a 7m AoE.
  • Magnetic - +325% damage to health and shields.
  • Radiation - 50% chance for enemies to drop an energy orb. Power previously requiring a parazon finisher (and its mod); Or with Spectrorage, requiring 75 energy, a helminthed ability, an augment slot, and only it's in a small AoE that requires mods to compliment it. Now I just spam a Nukor into a crowd and get that for basically free.

Ok ok its overtuned 😂

I view it more as you're damaging their weapon, but yeah, the name could have been changed after damage 1.0 got removed.

Yea its still weird. Maybe thats how the dmg reduc should work anyway but even then it doesnt make sense as opposed to something like less accuracy

Utility. Not everything needs to be a damage increase for it to be useful, look at Radiation. Now with Magnetic, the thematic and non-damage focus thing would have it do something like pull enemies to one another, and this also gives it synergy with Gas (its paired dual element).

Damage boost, utility boost, tomato tamato. Im fine with more utility, just not locking things to really specfic scenarios is my thing. Its not "cold resistance" bad but still

I beg to differ. I like my power fantasy, but just dealing or increasing damage is not a good system

Im not saying cc is bad, im saying punc and impact arent performing well as cc. Vauban makes use out of punc, mesa a little to, but thts really it. 

Because within reason, you just made them all the same. They either increase damage, or they deal DoTs.

The same with different benfits

Here's my suggestions from another thread to show my thought process.

The first few are not bad but they are a bit out there, impact using condem? does that mean chaining an enemy up?

Im not one for bullets performing magic less its void damage (y i dislike the punc suggestion)

Also i think uve made impact an instant kill at 10 stacks 🤔

Slash makes more sense bypassing armor imo. 

Magnetic too op, picture it. The cc from it is massive

Radiation, i dont think people think about the dmg values of enemies. The reason their bullets hurt us is because we dont have armor, shield, and health scaling, but they do. The cc from rad procs is nice but after a while its really just giving you a false sense of security and harder to land headshots, electricity at least provides cc and makes headshots easier, y i think an energy buff could go to radiation.

The rest seems kinda cool, id add the energy for electricity idea to viral for health orbs too because we cant get health orbs "naturally" in wf so like, truely y not

impact using condem? does that mean chaining an enemy up?

Yeah, for a very short time. IMO DE keeps trying to make impact the "easy to headshot enemies" proc, so I just made it do the CC that best does that.

Im not one for bullets performing magic

I don't see how breaking an enemy's weapon, or a heal similar to the Sancti Magistar is really magic. But it's fine if it's not your cup of tea.

Also i think uve made impact an instant kill at 10 stacks

Yeah, if you're in close range, and if you want to go through the finisher animation. Outside of enemies like Nox, that's comparable to the basically guarantied kill any melee will do with a finisher. Which we have many means to do, and isn't usually a desired way to kill enemies (except the Parazon has mods to make it more worth it).

Slash makes more sense bypassing armor imo.

I was having it do both again, but that choice is a bit up in the air. 

Magnetic too op, picture it. The cc from it is massive

Magnetic is still regarded as one of the worst damage and proc types. 19m at 10 stacks is less range than a Nidus with Stretch+Cunning Drift. But I'd need to play test it to see if it'd be too much like you say.

5 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Radiation, i dont think people think about the dmg values of enemies.

I was sticking to the theme DE chose during the Revised update. I just switched which enemies took the increased damage, and made it true damage. I didn't have any other idea at the time, and I already added the energy thing to electricity.

5 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

The rest seems kinda cool

Thanks

Archived