Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Ignored Means You Will Never Group With Them Again.

Unknown2500

There is no -1 button.

So, if your friend ends up grouped with someone you've got blocked, or who has you on block, they have to pick sides. If a friend's friend blocks you, you may NEVER get to play with them again, and they won't even know why.

The number of times I've seen a player again that wasn't on purpose is almost exactly zero. The ONLY case that comes to mind was a person who was afk and dead in a bugged out mission--the game kept prioritizing him so anyone who tried to play the mission was thrown in with his lifeless corpse.

Please make it so that we will never be grouped/matched with a player that we have on our ignore list. When I first started playing I thought this was already the case. I come to play to forget about rude, abusive, leeching people I have to interact with in the real world. I don't come to solo play. I like playing co-op. Get into a squad with an AFK'er or jerk and it really poisons the experience. It's even worse when I end up having to abort more missions to avoid them.

I have watched of couple of the live streams and I understand that people have abused systems that allow players to negatively rate another player. And that Warframe is going to try the "carrot' before going to the "stick". However, If this can be done I think it would be much faster way of improving play experience.

All readers, please reply with either a +1 or -1 on this topic.

Party on space ninjas,

Unknown2500

Update:

The people or practices that put me in the mood don't seem to be ones that can or are worth reporting to DE.

-People who join missions and then don't move. (I'm not referring to weaker teno that get low to zero in their scores)

-People who don't play as a team and or play in a fasion that takes the fun or benifit of playing away from the rest of the squad.

Unfortunate, I guess I see how groups/clans of the exact people I'm talking about could use this feature against other individuals.

Edited by Unknown2500

-1 because I'd rather have a decent server/game browser of some sort that shows the ping of the host, number of players in the group, what they're doing {exploringfarming/rushing/casual fun} etc. Besides you can always report abusive and rude players as harassment. Better than blocking everyone you don't like for whatever reason {this one rushed, this one didn't revive me, that one called me lame, ... :P} and ultimately ending up playing with the same 5 people you can actually connect to without getting awful lag, over and over.

Mind you OP, this isn't directed at you, just throwing it in the middle and speculating how it'd be like for the most people.

So yeah, just report them and let DE take action if it was really over the top.

Edited by CapricaSix

we have desparately needed a blacklist function since closed beta

i think it would make the already miserable matchmaking even more difficult however and this is why we have not received it

IMHO the idea of a blacklist is individual and non-abusive, as you are only blocking others from being grouped with you

AFAIK DE has instead decided to go in the direction of some kind of reputation system that is going to be implemented sometime soonish, maybe the next update 11 or 12, no real idea how its going to work though, and whether or not it will be abusable or not

INGOR Think You Should Stop Crying Over Pug Games!!!!

INGOR Will Crush Puny Whiner Babies  With His Hammer!!!

INGOR Take All Your Women For His Own!!!!

FEAR INGOR.

This would be extremely tedious to do for every single person you meet.

Blanket options  before play or a server browser is the way to go.

While I'm willing to try DE's carrot method, I'm still 100% with you, OP. Let's just say that, if blacklisting is ever added to the ignore function, I have quite the list ready. :V

Blanket options might be nice, but undesirables will slip through the cracks, and sometimes it blocks out decent people who have been maligned. Sometimes manually blacklisting someone you definitely never want to group with again is the way to go.

Edited by Eliard

-1 because I'd rather have a decent server/game browser of some sort that shows the ping of the host, number of players in the group, what they're doing {exploringfarming/rushing/casual fun} etc. Besides you can always report abusive and rude players as harassment. Better than blocking everyone you don't like for whatever reason {this one rushed, this one didn't revive me, that one called me lame, ... :P} and ultimately ending up playing with the same 5 people you can actually connect to without getting awful lag, over and over.

Mind you OP, this isn't directed at you, just throwing it in the middle and speculating how it'd be like for the most people.

So yeah, just report them and let DE take action if it was really over the top.

Uhh what? If you don't like this idea, don't ignore the other players. Then you will still have access to all the players you want.

Perhaps you just want two features? /ignore AND /block? Otherwise your post really makes no sense.

Uhh what? If you don't like this idea, don't ignore the other players. Then you will still have access to all the players you want.

Perhaps you just want two features? /ignore AND /block? Otherwise your post really makes no sense.

Funny because I think your post doesn't make any sense lol. Where on earth did I mention or even imply that I'd want /ignore, or both /ignore and /block..? Are you sure you're quoting the right post? And this isn't something "optional", when you block someone, that's interaction, you'll never be playing with that person with the game's own matchmaking system, "simply don't ignore if you don't like it" doesn't really cut it then. One could then argue why would you want to play with such people who'd just randomly block everyone for piss poor reasons, but that's not the point here, the point is it could go very wrong.

Aside from that I don't really understand which part you didn't understand exactly. I mentioned server/game browser, it's basic and simple and common in a lot of online games and mmos, it's convenient and you can pick your games rather than using auto-join and playing with someone you probably won't like because of their playstyle whether he's a rusher or a newbie or someone with a very high ping. Which will actually leave you with less reasons to block people left and right with or without reason.

As for verbal abuse, I still think that kind of behaviour should be just reported, it needs nothing but a swift mod action, warn them and ban them. Being able to mute someone indefinitely could be useful though, client-side. Just my opinion

I hope that made more sense for you. If not, then well.. whatever.

Funny because I think your post doesn't make any sense lol. Where on earth did I mention or even imply that I'd want /ignore, or both /ignore and /block..? Are you sure you're quoting the right post? And this isn't something "optional", when you block someone, that's interaction, you'll never be playing with that person with the game's own matchmaking system, "simply don't ignore if you don't like it" doesn't really cut it then. One could then argue why would you want to play with such people who'd just randomly block everyone for &!$$ poor reasons, but that's not the point here, the point is it could go very wrong.

Aside from that I don't really understand which part you didn't understand exactly. I mentioned server/game browser, it's basic and simple and common in a lot of online games and mmos, it's convenient and you can pick your games rather than using auto-join and playing with someone you probably won't like because of their playstyle whether he's a rusher or a newbie or someone with a very high ping. Which will actually leave you with less reasons to block people left and right with or without reason.

As for verbal abuse, I still think that kind of behaviour should be just reported, it needs nothing but a swift mod action, warn them and ban them. Being able to mute someone indefinitely could be useful though, client-side. Just my opinion

I hope that made more sense for you. If not, then well.. whatever.

Yes I quoted the right post. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for having both commands because otherwise your post just doesn't make sense.

How is it not optional? You either block them or not, nobody is making that choice but you. What is the problem?

Why are you assuming we would block people for &!$$ poor reasons? Who are you to decide what is a good reason for someone else? That's the whole point of this setup. It lets the players choose and not let the community choose for you (reputation setup).

Are you afraid everyone will ignore you and you'll be left playing alone? Is that the issue?

Yes I quoted the right post. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for having both commands because otherwise your post just doesn't make sense.

How is it not optional? You either block them or not, nobody is making that choice but you. What is the problem?

Why are you assuming we would block people for &!$$ poor reasons? Who are you to decide what is a good reason for someone else? That's the whole point of this setup. It lets the players choose and not let the community choose for you (reputation setup).

Are you afraid everyone will ignore you and you'll be left playing alone? Is that the issue?

I'm not sure if you're reading my posts... Also who's "we"? This is a f2p game, there will be lots of trolls and people who abuse the system just like how they did with the upvote/downvote feature on the forums which they eventually removed. Reputation feature will probably end up just like that, but I don't think Block feature is any better for the reasons I've tried to explain twice. Stop being condescending and re-read it.

Anyway, I've given my feedback and I'm not interested in arguing this with you. Just thought I had to explain, you're apparently not interested, carry on.

So, if your friend ends up grouped with someone you've got blocked, or who has you on block, they have to pick sides. If a friend's friend blocks you, you may NEVER get to play with them again, and they won't even know why.

The number of times I've seen a player again that wasn't on purpose is almost exactly zero. The ONLY case that comes to mind was a person who was afk and dead in a bugged out mission--the game kept prioritizing him so anyone who tried to play the mission was thrown in with his lifeless corpse.

While I'm willing to try DE's carrot method, I'm still 100% with you, OP. Let's just say that, if blacklisting is ever added to the ignore function, I have quite the list ready. :V

Blanket options might be nice, but undesirables will slip through the cracks, and sometimes it blocks out decent people who have been maligned. Sometimes manually blacklisting someone you definitely never want to group with again is the way to go.

no one said it should be mutually exclusive ....

have both filters and manual.

extensive options .

There is no -1 button.

Sorry, I don't use forums a ton. Wasn't even thinking about using the +1 button. My mindset was just on typing a +1 or -1.

INGOR Think You Should Stop Crying Over Pug Games!!!!

INGOR Will Crush Puny Whiner Babies  With His Hammer!!!

INGOR Take All Your Women For His Own!!!!

FEAR INGOR.

Nice catch on the spelling. Maybe that's why my ignore searches didn't find similar topics. We were all so frustrated we spelled it wrong.

As for the second part of your post, I'm not sure what you mean by "This would be extremely tedious to do for every single person you meet."  I'm just saying that if I play a match with some one, that doesn't do something bad enough to report, but acts or does something that makes me never want to play with or hear from them again, I can just ignore them. Then when the match making system is teaming me up with people I would just make it so that I'm don't join them.

Llyssa, your's is a good argument. 

-Granted, I'm not really concerned about the "picking sides" thing. Any of my friends wouldn't want to run with anyone I ignore.

-As for the blocking of a friends friend, typically the only time this would be an issue is if someone is trying to send invites. So, you are in a group with one person and try to invite another person. One of these has ignored/blocked the other. You get a message indicating that "inviting that player would violate the block " (I'm sure it could be worded much better. The flip side. You are trying to join a group that consists of someone you blocked. You get a message stating "Unable to join group. Blocked player"

As seeing the same person in multiple public groups. I see it quite a bit. Especially when you have someone who just constantly keeps joining an event or mission and then stays at the start point the whole time. I would gladly name names, but I didn't read enough of the forum rules to know if that would be naughty.

But, what you brought up would definately make it more diffecult for developers.

==============================================================================

CapricaSix:  I'm following Akivoodoo more than you. It seems as though you are concerned with individuals that would be on so many ignore/block lists that they never get to play in a group.  If anyone is ignored/blocked by that many people there is a good chance that they earned it.

CapricaSix:  I'm following Akivoodoo more than you. It seems as though you are concerned with individuals that would be on so many ignore/block lists that they never get to play in a group.  If anyone is ignored/blocked by that many people there is a good chance that they earned it.

We'll have to wait and see then, mine is basically the worst case scenario, and unlike Lyssa I've played with the same people through autojoin a couple of times, so I don't have a lot of faith in the matchmaking as you do {nor in the f2p community for that matter}.