Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Umbra - Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew

Sixes_Wild

My idea is pretty simple, and it would be mostly for enjoyment of the orbiter space, and the Railjack interior cell too.

It has been established that Excal Umbra is an autonomous individual, not just a frame, like those we build on our molecular 3D Printers.

So how about enable a feature in the Orbiter Menu that would let Umbra walk about our ship (wearing whatever fashion loadout is in slot A), similar to how our pets do and kind of interact with the space, stand by consoles etc.

Also, I would gladly add Umbra to my RJ crew along side my liches if I were able. DE is notorious for creating content islands, so how about we start tying some of it together in smol ways?  Sorry.. did I just.. bold that? Why-ever might I do such a thing and draw emphasis to a point. Anyway.

I may not play Umbra a whole bunch, but I would certainly enjoy seeing/interacting with them in a passive manor or having them as a support NPC! (and not just as a specter loadout, cmon..)

Heck, I want to be able to press X and give Umbra a HUG!

Anyhoo.. Cheers <3

If nothing else, letting him be a viable crew member would not only make lore sense, it'd also be one of those satisfying moments, especially to newer players who could very conceivably acquire a railjack and a crew first. It's a passive, but logical reward - you know the 'jack crewed Dax, Umbra's a Dax, so it stands to reason he'd have served aboard a railjack at some point or another. Even if he's not a particularly great crew member, it's just some good prevention of negative possibility space.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

If nothing else, letting him be a viable crew member would not only make lore sense, it'd also be one of those satisfying moments, especially to newer players who could very conceivably acquire a railjack and a crew first. It's a passive, but logical reward - you know the 'jack crewed Dax, Umbra's a Dax, so it stands to reason he'd have served aboard a railjack at some point or another. Even if he's not a particularly great crew member, it's just some good prevention of negative possibility space.

Exactly, that and my Liches are well.. frankly.. Looney as the Tunes..

So I would rather have Umbra behind the sticks of my Railjack, haha.

Archived