Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is it possible to report or be reported for leeching/being afk

IshmaelLCB

Question

2 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Do you have any proof of your claim that Orphix spawns go above 36?

My fuzzy memory only I am afraid. If it was an exploit it was not intentional from my part.

2 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Any higher is likely one of those exploit glitches.

hace 11 minutos, Zakkhar dijo:

My fuzzy memory only I am afraid. If it was an exploit it was not intentional from my part.

There were too many bugs on this event. I was only enjoying It the last 2 days, when the 90% of the critical bugs were patched.

At least, I think It was a better event than Scarlet Spear, cause your actions were directly related with your rewards.

Maybe you think you were doing more than 36 OV, cause people used to spend more time on last Orphix to increase the points.

2 minutes ago, lhardy said:

Maybe you think you were doing more than 36 OV, cause people used to spend more time on last Orphix to increase the points.

I am fairly sure it was some wierd number because I needed above certain point treshhold and we stayed even 1k more than that, by killing another.

Spending more time on Orphix doesnt increase the points afaik, you only get points for killing and while no Orphix are up. At least that was my understanding. Else you could just stay on last Orphix not killing it while nuking whole map of sentients and get insane numbers.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I am fairly sure it was some wierd number because I needed above certain point treshhold and we stayed even 1k more than that, by killing another.

Spending more time on Orphix doesnt increase the points afaik, you only get points for killing and while no Orphix are up. At least that was my understanding. Else you could just stay on last Orphix not killing it while nuking whole map of sentients and get insane numbers.

You get points for killing individual sentients. 

On 2021-01-18 at 4:45 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't know, it sounds like a lot of people were being petty here, so I don't see support doing anything serious about it. 

Due to a glitch, they couldn't extract, even though normally they could just fine. 

They wanted to leave, YOU wanted to continue. 

You are giving them two nasty options: 

1) Be forced by YOU to play through when they don't want to. 

2) Abandon the mission and lose all their rewards and waste all their time. 

Why was it so important to you to keep going? You admit the green extraction mark had only just appeared, which means not much time has invested and points really aren't scaling that fast yet. You would get way more point efficiency by starting over with a full squad that can efficiently kill sentients. 

So idk it sounds like pettiness all around. I don't think anyone looks good in this story.  Half the squad wants to go and can't, and you are reporting them to support for leeching because they don't want to play with you? I mean, I really think this whole things sound silly on both sides. 

enough arguing points, above has the situation covered as it is

3 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yes, we all just head to the exit real quick after killing the 36th, but given the spawn rate towards the end, there was more than enough time for another to spawn if not hard-limited to 36.

So, you havent checked. You only assume.

Wiki claims its 36, but I would swear I have done more once, because I had to get above certain points.

you can if you like...but personally, i wouldnt drop a dime on someone whos just afk...unless maybe its for a *very* extended amount of time, and to be honest...i woundlt bother reporting afks at all really. you dont know whats going on...maybe they had to use the bathroom...or had to answer a phone call, maybe their mouse died and theyre trying to fix it....whatever.

the point is...if its a public match...and not some sort of long hour+ endurance run....just finish the mission and go, its not worth worrying about.

hace 1 hora, cha0sWyrM dijo:

you can if you like...but personally, i wouldnt drop a dime on someone whos just afk...unless maybe its for a *very* extended amount of time, and to be honest...i woundlt bother reporting afks at all really. you dont know whats going on...maybe they had to use the bathroom...or had to answer a phone call, maybe their mouse died and theyre trying to fix it....whatever.

the point is...if its a public match...and not some sort of long hour+ endurance run....just finish the mission and go, its not worth worrying about.

I think mostly the same.

As It is not a competitive game like LOL, Dota2 ....; Just play for fun, If you are not having fun in that game cause some people is not playing as you think, having internet problems (some of AFK could be about that, as some people enter high ping host for error, as DE server thought It was a good one), REAL life problems....

If someone don't like to join random squads, just build a good warframe, good weapon and play alone or find people that you feel ok while playing (many players do this, more than anyone could thought)

EDIT: have you ever change window to Chrome or Mozilla when game is loading and you started searching something on internet, on warfram.market or even on warframe forums and you forgot about the game itself?? (It happened to me a few times, most of them on open worlds due to my potato PC)

I would be very careful about who I would call a leech.  If his warframe just sits there and doesn't do anything, I'd say yeah.  But you can have somebody who is just really incompetent or maybe playing the particular mission for the first time and getting lost somewhere in the tileset, or maybe his warframe may not be as fast as yours. 

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Napoleon Bonaparte

1 hour ago, XTROPrime said:

But you can have somebody who is just really incompetent or maybe playing the particular mission for the first time and getting lost somewhere in the tileset, or maybe his warframe may not be as fast as yours. 

I was playing ESO the other day and there was a guy who would enter the zone, immediately find an out of the way corner and hide there for 2.5 minutes.  Then, after the rest of us jumped through to the next zone, he would follow us in.  There is absolutely no conceivable explanation for his behaviour except that he was deliberately leeching off of the rest of us.  After 4 zones when I noticed what was happening, he had 3 kills.  I told him in chat to stop AFKing or I would leave.  We went into zone 5 and he did the exact same thing.  At the end of zone 5, the other active player and I didn't advance, but Mr. AFK jumped through anyway.

It didn't feel worth reporting, but it was annoying none the less.  I'll happily carry a weaker player as long as they are trying, but I won't carry someone who is actively trying to leech off of my effort.

4 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

Went you are learning, you start out incompetent and weak.

Like I said, I'm happy to carry weaker players and will share my builds, give advice (if asked) and never complain about reviving them if they get downed. 

I still remember my first time in ESO and was thankful for the guy that helped me get through zone 8, gave me some advice/encouragement and didn't give me a hard time for using a Slowva.

42 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

36 is NOT max number of Orphix in the mission. Just people do this many because after this point the enemies start 1shoting Mechs.

Wait, what?  Are we talking about the same event?  I actually managed to get to the end of Orphix Venom: Endurance several times when blessed with a good group, and have never seen the 37th Orphix spawn.  Yes, we all just head to the exit real quick after killing the 36th, but given the spawn rate towards the end, there was more than enough time for another to spawn if not hard-limited to 36.

On 2021-01-18 at 4:27 PM, Zenix.Rog said:

but the second guy does seem sus 

he say he want 36 orphix but yet he go towards extraction and seems like he know the orphix stuff already cuz he know 36 is the max number of orphix per mission

How is that sus? Why would he want to waste time in 32 more waves 3man, if you can just start another mission to do most of those 4man?

36 is NOT max number of Orphix in the mission (EDIT: Or is it?). Just people do this many because after this point the enemies start 1shoting Mechs.

As for OP question. How exactly is leaving the mission when you want to leave against tos?

I mean, it doesnt exact whole team like Bounties do (I have had numerous times being forcefully extracted during bounty. sometimes 3 seconds before completing a task)

Extractions in endless are supper bugged atm and keep resetting the timer or not starting the timer in numerous cases. Maybe he wanted to extract but couldnt.

Event has ended, but I'll put my two cents here just in case the console folks read it afterwards.

With so many leechers plaguing this event, honest players must change their mindset as well. Because if you want to lose sleep for every leecher you encounter, you'll probably never sleep again.

Most of the good 36 waves runs that i did consists of players who know what their doing. Form there, it's just a matter of spotting these players. People look for a couple of signs for the first 2 or 3 waves. if they think the squad is good, usually somebody will ask "36?". If the others are not butthats who're only there to troll, they'll agree.

These are the telltales:  Easy one is speed. When good OV players are on site, regulators and orphix will go down in literally seconds. Fluctus guys can take down resonators when rookies are still looking for the icons, as arquebex guys can take down orphix as you blink.

Second one is knowing the spawns. Some OV grinder have memorized the spawn patterns and will go to the next spot as soon as the last one dies. Just look at the map and pay attention when and where where everyone moves. This doesn't mean that they have good builds, but at least they're infested enough to learn the patterns.

Third is hildryn. Hildryn with her ability to generate energy orbs is the meta for OV. Arquebex need energy, and voidrigs need storm shroud to survive. Energy supply wins OV. Of course there are plenty of good players who are fully capable of reaching last wave without abusing the meta, but if you have a hildryn in your squad, that's one person who's probably in it for 36 waves.

==========

Of course if the squad is bad, you can always leave at 4th wave.

The telltales are even easier. Such as single-digit low mr. Immediately use rentamech at the start. Everybody runs to every single resonators and take forever to manually destroy orphix with primary archguns. Or off meta warframe picks that absolutely doesn't help whatsoever in the mission -at least titania or wukong can fly to next spawn faster. Also, some noobs i encountered asks "36?" at the very beginning with no apparent reason. An effort to make themselves look capable, i guess... Other than that, always pay attention to your map and see what everybody's doing. You'll spot the leecher really soon.

==========

Just learn the telltales and accept that not every run will go the way you want it to. Next time you encountered situations like this, just take a deep breath, accept that it's simply one of those bad runs, and end it quickly.

Last tip from me: build a good mech, spend some formas. Do the same for your archgun. If you are more capable than others, losing a good group will hurt way less. Because you know you can do well with any decent group that might come at any given time.

i wish console players the best. i hope you guys pick up a lesson or two from how the event went on pc, and just have a great time when it eventually hit consoles. cheers!

The only person that could be against the rules is the second one, but not sure enough.

He wanted to extract, but due to the bug he could. If he was chatting for minutes without moving and only regreting, then It could be reported. If he wanted to extract and he just stayed afk on extract point without chatting and nothing; he just one to extract and don't play anymore. Probably you joined a random squad, when some people only want to do 3 rounds, other 10, and some other 36; depends on the time they want to play or if the have to do something after 15 minutes, but he wanted to get some phasic cells.

It could be different if you joined the mission together after recruting on chat, as you all of you decided to enter a 36 rounds, if nothing really important happens in "real life", that could be also reported as they could be having a negative actitude to make you waste your time.

This is one of the problems of this event, some people just play It chilling, some other chilling for 36 rounds, and the rest: competitive to get as much points as possible every round killing sentients in the right moment to increase the score.

I don't know, it sounds like a lot of people were being petty here, so I don't see support doing anything serious about it. 

Due to a glitch, they couldn't extract, even though normally they could just fine. 

They wanted to leave, YOU wanted to continue. 

You are giving them two nasty options: 

1) Be forced by YOU to play through when they don't want to. 

2) Abandon the mission and lose all their rewards and waste all their time. 

Why was it so important to you to keep going? You admit the green extraction mark had only just appeared, which means not much time has invested and points really aren't scaling that fast yet. You would get way more point efficiency by starting over with a full squad that can efficiently kill sentients. 

So idk it sounds like pettiness all around. I don't think anyone looks good in this story.  Half the squad wants to go and can't, and you are reporting them to support for leeching because they don't want to play with you? I mean, I really think this whole things sound silly on both sides. 

A bug had been introduced during Orphix Venom that reset the extraction timer whenever an enemy or a pet entered the extraction area, making extraction quite difficult. That bug has supposedly been fixed though.

As for aborting, doing so counts as a failure and thus forfeits all rewards. I understand the frustration of having players failing to extract and still not helping, as i understand those players willing to extract without forfeiting they reward.

Archived