Is it just me or is this Orphix Event BUGFRAME to the extreme?

I have literally spent more time getting frustrated, typing /unstuck, leaving early, unable to enter my Mech, use anything but primary & secondary weapons, unable to use any of my abilities, transfer into my operator so I could at least try and take down some resonators than I spent enjoying myself and farming it for the intended purposes: Phasic cells, Lavos, Cedo and Mech items.

I have more and more video footage of me running around like a doof showing how broken this event has been for me. Somewhat similar to Scarlet Spear but honestly much worse. Is anyone else having these problems or am I literally a ONE OFF with the worst luck? If I am not, why can't DE fix these issues and extend the event? There are a few more items that I would like to own but obviously it is near impossible to farm when you can't do anything but use your primary/secondary weapons outside of the sentient zones.

Will any of these items with the exception of arcanes from their normal places be added to a different project? So exhausting when you can't take advantage of a 'fun' event. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

When I played it I never really had any game breaking bugs.

All I ever got were your average every day bugs like getting stuck on terrain.

Lucky. I am at the very least enjoying my recorded footage.... If that means anything? lol

• Like 1

My experience with Orphic venom was brief. I loaded in, saw the mech sitting there, jumped in, and found myself unable to kill any of the sentients.

Like it took 3-4 minutes just to kill one.

It’s possible I’m missing something, but none of the rewards really seemed worth researching the mode.

• Like 3

I got stuck in the ceiling once, and on a separate occasion I got randomly teleported a few tiles away upon entering my mech. Aside from that I didn't have any major bugs.

One of my friends had the "all abilities unusable" glitch while I was in a match with her, but overall the event has been pretty stable for my circle.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

I have literally spent more time getting frustrated, typing /unstuck, leaving early, unable to enter my Mech, use anything but primary & secondary weapons, unable to use any of my abilities, transfer into my operator so I could at least try and take down some resonators than I spent enjoying myself and farming it for the intended purposes: Phasic cells, Lavos, Cedo and Mech items.

I didn't personally encounter all that many bugs.  That doesn't mean that they aren't there or weren't happening consistently.  Just that they didn't happen to me.  Not sure that's really worth anything though.  Sorry to hear that the event went so poorly for you.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I didn't personally encounter all that many bugs.  That doesn't mean that they aren't there or weren't happening consistently.  Just that they didn't happen to me.  Not sure that's really worth anything though.  Sorry to hear that the event went so poorly for you.

Yea, it would be nice to know what caused the incidences to happen and if more people reported them, perhaps there would be troubleshooting steps people could take. The obvious would be just to die or Alt F4 and restart? I think that is the way to do it.

But if it is a host issue, region, ping or the like that would be useful information. I don't have the greatest rig but I have an i7-9700k, 36gb of DDR4-3000, RTX-2080 super pooper and something like a wifi asus Z390? Now my internet is from Spectrum/Time Warner and they have claimed I am having irregular signals. The tech is actually coming out today, but would 'irregular" signals cause all of those problems?

Scarlet Spear I would exit the RJ and my wings wouldn't deploy and I was literally running in space. When I placed my op-link it would send me back to the RJ. Craziness like that. Frustrating because it is fun being able to use our mechs. Especially even better that we had that affinity period and I leveled all of my archguns to 4 formas each. 

Thanks a lot for all of the responses!

Even after all the fixes I've still encountered the "ability in use" bug on my warframe, but not on OP/Mech. Necramech affinity not saving I've had a few times. My crouch button seems to break every single mission, preventing bullet jumping with my warframe. I think it breaks when my warframe touches the first orphix nullifer zone, and it remains broken for the entire mission. I've fallen out of bounds with /unstuck unable to bring me back. I've been teleported 500m+ randomly throughout the level many times. It seems to happen when the warframe grabs a ledge and the game panics and throws you elsewhere. I've had the Necramech Summon gear item be blanked out, preventing use.

Edit: Oh another one. Mods not being applied after a host migration.

Most missions have been playable without major bugs, but it is annoying when something goes wrong.

Edited by Masquerine
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Yea, it would be nice to know what caused the incidences to happen and if more people reported them, perhaps there would be troubleshooting steps people could take. The obvious would be just to die or Alt F4 and restart? I think that is the way to do it.

But if it is a host issue, region, ping or the like that would be useful information. I don't have the greatest rig but I have an i7-9700k, 36gb of DDR4-3000, RTX-2080 super pooper and something like a wifi asus Z390? Now my internet is from Spectrum/Time Warner and they have claimed I am having irregular signals. The tech is actually coming out today, but would 'irregular" signals cause all of those problems?

Scarlet Spear I would exit the RJ and my wings wouldn't deploy and I was literally running in space. When I placed my op-link it would send me back to the RJ. Craziness like that. Frustrating because it is fun being able to use our mechs. Especially even better that we had that affinity period and I leveled all of my archguns to 4 formas each. 

Thanks a lot for all of the responses!

If you're not host and having "irregular signals" things absolutely can get buggy as hell in Warframe.

Not sayin' it's the source of all your issues, but catching back up to the host and all those move, shoot, and etc. commands can lead to some real weird outcomes. Doubly so when transference is involved.

• Like 1

I dunno. I actually haven't found that many bugs. In fact, I was quite surprise at a LACK of bugs. I was fully expecting getting stuck at even the smallest crevices...

Only bug I remember is an arch trap blocking movement while aiming.

However, this isn't to invalidate your experience, OP. Rather, it is very possible bugs can occur to you specifically depending on how your CPU handled the code. (Has happened on old PCs). Though, I don't really have that much information on you to judge on that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

If you're not host and having "irregular signals" things absolutely can get buggy as hell in Warframe.

Not sayin' it's the source of all your issues, but catching back up to the host and all those move, shoot, and etc. commands can lead to some real weird outcomes. Doubly so when transference is involved.

Hi. So with that being said, how can I try and correct it for future events and regular gameplay? Or am I just going to get used to it and take valium? lol

2 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

So with that being said, how can I try and correct it for future events and regular gameplay? Or am I just going to get used to it and take valium? lol

Hmm... For internet related bugs like client-host shenanigans, DE does have an incoming DTLS protocol which could help in fixing corrupted packets that can result in a lot of bugs in warframe. Pretty sure a lot of bugs may get fixed with that (or the opposite, you never know) .It's still in the works though.

Generally, if your internet is good enough, you shouldn't face too much problems. If you are, try connecting to your friends and have one of them be the host, if pub hosts tend to be laggy.

Best case scenario is YOU being picked the host, but this may not occur all the time unless you go out inviting people in recruit chat. If being a host still gets you some buggy games, then chances are, it's not internet related. In which case, I don't know if there is realistically you can do anything other than updating drivers...?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chacachaca13 said:

farming it for the intended purposes: Phasic cells, Lavos, Cedo and Mech items.

The intended purpose was testing the necramech performance in regular missions to crush bugs, the farm is just an addition to make people interested in the testing for something mroe than writting a comment and thinking you are designing the whole game (as it happens with the test cluster).

Transference bugs are a hell of a bug series and quite old, and now it's getting more attention because the event, since most of the people in this game avoid the operator as much as they can besides some zenurik/vazarin dashes or to dance at the end of the mission secreen (wich is sad imho, I love playing as operator). But as a dedicated operator player I've found almost the same bugs. I still fall from the floor as Umbra on Deimos, something that doesn't happen with other frames. In the past if you fell into a  hole or a blackout zone you were teleported to the last transference position (wich is why people still is teletransoprtated 500 m away when they die), just to give 2 examples of persisting bugs caused by transference itself.

This is why I hate when people blame the operator for transference issues, this isn't a necramech/operator/warframe related bug, is on the transference system itself (wich is quite ambitious tho).

24 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

The intended purpose was testing the necramech performance in regular missions to crush bugs, the farm is just an addition to make people interested in the testing for something mroe than writting a comment and thinking you are designing the whole game (as it happens with the test cluster).

Transference bugs are a hell of a bug series and quite old, and now it's getting more attention because the event, since most of the people in this game avoid the operator as much as they can besides some zenurik/vazarin dashes or to dance at the end of the mission secreen (wich is sad imho, I love playing as operator). But as a dedicated operator player I've found almost the same bugs. I still fall from the floor as Umbra on Deimos, something that doesn't happen with other frames. In the past if you fell into a  hole or a blackout zone you were teleported to the last transference position (wich is why people still is teletransoprtated 500 m away when they die), just to give 2 examples of persisting bugs caused by transference itself.

This is why I hate when people blame the operator for transference issues, this isn't a necramech/operator/warframe related bug, is on the transference system itself (wich is quite ambitious tho).

So by your comment about farming isn't what the intended purpose was, this event is bugged to hell and back. I hope this helps them and I can provide a load of video help for them if they care to see it. Now I am not going into OV so I can get frustrated and test a new event or upcoming game style. I am playing WF to have fun and anything free as per drops, free gifts from livestreams is definitely a bonus! So with that being said, I intended to farm parts, phasic cells, etc for fun. Not to go in and become frustrated.

Not sure about the love/hate people may have with the operator/warframe relationship or duality. I use each as needed. Did I have fun during this event? Hell yes. Was it full of bugs for me and frustrating as hell? Yes, it sure was. Worse things can and do happen in life. Bringing the problems to the attention of the community and the developers for more feedback is essential in my unwanted opinion.

3 hours ago, chacachaca13 said:

I literally a ONE OFF with the worst luck?

You maybe in minority - I don't know. Only bugs that I remember were:

- missing mech after you die as operator (and you get transported to your frame)

- sometimes your abilities don't work - it happened from time to time but those bugs were only maybe few times per mission (7-12 orphix killed more or less).

- only Bonewidow - Voidrig is better for non-mech-user.

First can be avoided. Second bug - I just press a key again or something

Third bug... well. I have to got with Bonewidow and if there is Voidrig lying around I have to activate.

So from my experience it was almost bugles experience.

It's not that the event were without other problems. It's just the problems shouldn't be considered "bugs".

ps. I'm solo player without mech.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chacachaca13 said:

So by your comment about farming isn't what the intended purpose was, this event is bugged to hell and back. I hope this helps them and I can provide a load of video help for them if they care to see it. Now I am not going into OV so I can get frustrated and test a new event or upcoming game style. I am playing WF to have fun and anything free as per drops, free gifts from livestreams is definitely a bonus! So with that being said, I intended to farm parts, phasic cells, etc for fun. Not to go in and become frustrated.

Not sure about the love/hate people may have with the operator/warframe relationship or duality. I use each as needed. Did I have fun during this event? Hell yes. Was it full of bugs for me and frustrating as hell? Yes, it sure was. Worse things can and do happen in life. Bringing the problems to the attention of the community and the developers for more feedback is essential in my unwanted opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side on this, the event was bugged but was the frist step towards having a new system, wich was really more useful than the test clusters. I mean, look to all the bug fixes, this event was very cool on that side. Every time I got something I searched in the forums if someone else had that problem and most of the time was addressed and fixed in a hotfix. I'm honestly happy about that. You opinion isn't unwanted mate, we all are players and a constructive feedback is always welcomed, at least for me. Your frustration wasn't just you case, I lost a lot of time due some bugs (like orphix spawning on secret rooms suddenly and no fluctus on the team, "ability in use" bug, etc) and I was very frustrated at some times, but I liked to play as a mech so much that I endured everything trying to be optimisic on the future implementation.

• Like 1

3/10, alot of stuipid restrictions, alot of stuipid moves, like not testing it before hand at all, and releasing it less then a week after the comunity first heard of it, meaning they had 0 time to developit based on feedback and opinions from said community.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side on this, the event was bugged but was the frist step towards having a new system, wich was really more useful than the test clusters. I mean, look to all the bug fixes, this event was very cool on that side. Every time I got something I searched in the forums if someone else had that problem and most of the time was addressed and fixed in a hotfix. I'm honestly happy about that. You opinion isn't unwanted mate, we all are players and a constructive feedback is always welcomed, at least for me. Your frustration wasn't just you case, I lost a lot of time due some bugs (like orphix spawning on secret rooms suddenly and no fluctus on the team, "ability in use" bug, etc) and I was very frustrated at some times, but I liked to play as a mech so much that I endured everything trying to be optimisic on the future implementation.

Agreed, 110%. I know how a lot of times it can feel like people just complain so they can be heard, etc. Other times there are those who think sprinkled covered poo is the greatest thing ever and that an event or a game could NEVER have any bugs.... I really appreciate the tone in this thread as people are saying in their instance, but it is not warranted for me to have the issues. In other forums/games you get absolutely THROTTLED by the white knights who defend all things that is their game.

Warframe is very special to me on a personal level. It helped me when I was most down and I only want what is best for the game. I think that is shared by the majority. So if more players reported issues with an open mind and without attacking the devs, we could be a better community with a better end product. But I do appreciate all of the responses.

The tech said my signal was to powerful and it was causing me connectivity issues and he lowered it to the right range. Fingers crossed and when I update to all Cat 6 tomorrow, possibly smooth sailing?

• Like 1

It was a beta test for mech gameplay.

That let you grind arcanes for your time with each to their own.

I imagine if you don't like mechs or don't need arcanes it was probably a bad event. It did have a lot of problems. 

• Like 1