Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or is this Orphix Event BUGFRAME to the extreme?

Breezer88

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I didn't experience any bugs, except waypoints not working sometimes. But that's not restricted to the operation.

Ugh, why did you have to bring that up?? It is the root of my PTSD in this game. lol. I don't know how many times I've gone the complete opposite direction of the actual waypoint in missions.... You just feel stupid when trying to speedrun relics. hahaa

4 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

My experience with Orphic venom was brief. I loaded in, saw the mech sitting there, jumped in, and found myself unable to kill any of the sentients.

Like it took 3-4 minutes just to kill one.

It’s possible I’m missing something, but none of the rewards really seemed worth researching the mode.

the default mechs on the map are unmodded and thus do poor amounts of damage. it's like taking all your mods off then doing a sortie.

Ability Use Prevented.

Couldn't shoot Nullifiers with Arquebex since it is an AoE.

AoE immune enemies (likely caused by Nullifiers).

Ping breaking Necramech usage.

Force disconnecting to fix the game state.

Stuck on Terrain.

Sentients wouldn't spawn from the Orphix.

Resonators out of bounds.

Resonators multiple tiles away.

Transference causing soft-lock.

Cannot transference into Necramech.

Just to name a few...

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Ability Use Prevented.

Couldn't shoot Nullifiers with Arquebex since it is an AoE.

AoE immune enemies (likely caused by Nullifiers).

Ping breaking Necramech usage.

Force disconnecting to fix the game state.

Stuck on Terrain.

Sentients wouldn't spawn from the Orphix.

Resonators out of bounds.

Resonators multiple tiles away.

Transference causing soft-lock.

Cannot transference into Necramech.

Just to name a few...

Very nice list Voltage, thanks. I think that if DE implement the corrections into the next event and more importantly into every day play, BETA testing and the time people take to post and reply to these threads is useful. If ignored, then we all know it will only lead to disdain, loss of player base, etc. I pray the devs latch onto the negative, even the posts that are hostile and make the required changes. Some hostile posts are just pure frustration from dedicated and loyal players. You know, staying quiet for so long and then just going "postal". lol

I would love to see the raids and older stuff you vets talk and tease about. However new events if imbalanced poorly with effort to reward or full of glitches (for some) will definitely not spread kind word of mouth. Sadly players Like Potato are losing faith and that is a bummer.

13 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I've had the one were I can't get into my mech several times. Yet I can get into the woefully underpowered rent-a-mechs just fine.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... Now that you mention this, I had the same issue with my mech and the rent-a-mess. Good lord, they were so underpowered. Especially in the endurance tilesets. And was it just me or did the damage output with 5/6 orphixisisssissss remaining just explode with the Corpus? One hit would strip my shields from Hidryn. There was zero balance. Also, can we just get this out in the open???

Our mechs should NOT be slowed down or STOPPED by a single npc in a doorway. Also, being hit by a machete should cause minor scratches. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a damage fifference with our archwing weapons from space to ground? So that is only if deploying one with our frames. So shouldn't the damage when attached to our mechs be somewhere in between or ?

What I'm saying is we are in freakn huge mechs and healing, shield regen and etc should be a lot better than currently implemented. Just thinking out loud.

38 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Very nice list Voltage, thanks. I think that if DE implement the corrections into the next event and more importantly into every day play, BETA testing and the time people take to post and reply to these threads is useful. If ignored, then we all know it will only lead to disdain, loss of player base, etc. I pray the devs latch onto the negative, even the posts that are hostile and make the required changes. Some hostile posts are just pure frustration from dedicated and loyal players. You know, staying quiet for so long and then just going "postal". lol

I would love to see the raids and older stuff you vets talk and tease about. However new events if imbalanced poorly with effort to reward or full of glitches (for some) will definitely not spread kind word of mouth. Sadly players Like Potato are losing faith and that is a bummer.

I honestly think the next competitive event should use the test cluster and invite players who are known to enjoy pushing themselves. The less bugs/exploits/unintended behavior, the more healthy and enjoyable the event is overall for not only casual players, but the ones who want to push for a score. The ones who get high scores really break down the game-modes mechanics. That is where the 90 second timer strategy came from to time Orphix Spawns, or placing the host in specific spots as they seem to get better Sentient kills (and by extension higher squad score) depending where they sit in a given tileset. Intense optimization really finds the mechanical issues that could save an event from being a disaster like Orphix Venom was for many players. This would also catch the usual exploits from FPS manipulation, packet-loss manipulation, ping manipulation, host migrations, etc.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I honestly think next competitive event should use the test cluster and invite players who are known to enjoy pushing themselves. The less bugs/exploits/unintended behavior, the more healthy and enjoyable the event is overall for not only casual players, but the ones who want to push for a score. The ones who get high scores really break down the game-modes mechanics. That is where the 90 second timer strategy came from to time Orphix Spawns, or placing the host in specific spots as they seem to get better Sentient kills (and by extension higher squad score) depending where they sit in a given tileset. Intense Optimization really finds the mechanical issues that could save an event from being a disaster like Orphix Venom was for many players.

Voltage, let me ask you something. I am MR30 by just running head first into walls without looking for any doors. So I skipped a lot of lore, how to, etc and so on. It wasn't until recently that I learned about players being banned for playing longer than they should? LOL. I know it is not as I describe, but when my clan mates told me that you can get trade banned for farming, I was floored. Soooo, I noticed that during OV they were removing players from the scores for "exploiting" the event. If this was a beta and given for us to help DE fine tune, blah blah, how did they decide what was an exploit? Do you see my question? DE didn't even know what to expect from this yet they banned players or just removed their scores. Seems strange but I've never had an "exploit" mindset. Hell, I don't even like to use my abilities at times because they feel unneeded and OP. Hahahaaa

5 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Voltage, let me ask you something. I am MR30 by just running head first into walls without looking for any doors. So I skipped a lot of lore, how to, etc and so on. It wasn't until recently that I learned about players being banned for playing longer than they should? LOL. I know it is not as I describe, but when my clan mates told me that you can get trade banned for farming, I was floored. Soooo, I noticed that during OV they were removing players from the scores for "exploiting" the event. If this was a beta and given for us to help DE fine tune, blah blah, how did they decide what was an exploit? Do you see my question? DE didn't even know what to expect from this yet they banned players or just removed their scores. Seems strange but I've never had an "exploit" mindset. Hell, I don't even like to use my abilities at times because they feel unneeded and OP. Hahahaaa

I understand, but the bugs that this event had were nothing new. FPS manipulation increased score in the Hallowed Flames tactical alert. Host migrations duplicated Ambulas spawns increasing score during Ambulas Reborn. Operation: Ambulas Reborn is the reason there is a maximum number of times you can reconnect to a given host before the game tells you "no, you can't reconnect" and kicks you out.

Some people just want a score at any cost, and DE watches this behavior. They did know what to expect, and their return from the holiday clearly showed they had a plan this time. The unfortunate part though is that these things aren't tested in either QA or the test cluster before launching to public builds.

Hostile Mergers was a really bad situation because of how DE judged "exploits". There is a grey area between being "big brain" and blatantly abusing unintended behavior. DE ultimately decides, and this is why a test system for events would let DE spell out their intentions and requirements from players. This would also squash bugs in the process. Testing is how you get bug fixes, exploit fixes, and proper feedback all in one. The issue is that DE either doesn't do this, or they do it too late in the development process.

I only had 2 bugs:

- the early bug that you could not leave your mech any more

- The Necramech weapon did not get any exp and rank ups (they tried to hotfix it like 3 times and it is so broken now that under no circumstances I got it to rank up only once in the last week :D)

The bugs were not gamebreaking so no, I don't understand your rant at all.

49 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I understand, but the bugs that this event had were nothing new. FPS manipulation increased score in the Hallowed Flames tactical alert. Host migrations duplicated Ambulas spawns increasing score during Ambulas Reborn. Operation: Ambulas Reborn is the reason there is a maximum number of times you can reconnect to a given host before the game tells you "no, you can't reconnect" and kicks you out.

Some people just want a score at any cost, and DE watches this behavior. They did know what to expect, and their return from the holiday clearly showed they had a plan this time. The unfortunate part though is that these things aren't tested in either QA or the test cluster before launching to public builds.

Hostile Mergers was a really bad situation because of how DE judged "exploits". There is a grey area between being "big brain" and blatantly abusing unintended behavior. DE ultimately decides, and this is why a test system for events would let DE spell out their intentions and requirements from players. This would also squash bugs in the process. Testing is how you get bug fixes, exploit fixes, and proper feedback all in one. The issue is that DE either doesn't do this, or they do it too late in the development process.

Thanks a lot for explaining that stuff to me, Voltage. It is beginning to make better sense to me. 

1 minute ago, chacachaca13 said:

Thanks a lot for explaining that stuff to me, Voltage. It is beginning to make better sense to me. 

You're welcome. I've been around a long time in this game, so patterns emerge, and I feel it is important to get DE to see them for themself and try to catch them or use the playerbase to catch them.

5 hours ago, Surbusken said:

It was a beta test for mech gameplay.

That let you grind arcanes for your time with each to their own.

I imagine if you don't like mechs or don't need arcanes it was probably a bad event. It did have a lot of problems. 

The Mech’s clip through doorways ffs 🤦 

It’s like it wasn’t tested at all haha 

17 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

When I played it I never really had any game breaking bugs.

All I ever got were your average every day bugs like getting stuck on terrain.

Funny, because when me and my friend played it, one of us had a game breaking bug pretty much every game until the last week where SOME were fixed but others werent so it happened maybe every third game. 

Stuff like

- Getting stuck inside mech with no abilities = no heal or sword for bonewidow and no cannons or shield for voidrig. Dying in mech or as warframe didnt fix it, neither did unstuck or anything else we tried. 

- Getting stuck inside warframe that couldnt move (permanently disabled by the orphix even after its death) 

- Orphix not dying after its health was reduced to zero = lost game

- Unable to use abilities or enter operator while in warframe = no mechs

- Resonators spawning in unreachable places

Then the usual every day bugs like doors not opening to some players etc. 

Barely had any bugs myself. I encountered the "stuck as operator" bug two or three times total and then a few instances of getting ported back into my frame way way way back when I exited my mech, but that has been due to the frame getting pushed into the "void" when I was in my mech. Which is an age old bug that happens on all maps incase you exit your frame over a gap and let it fall into the pit below to reset.

15 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

That seems like a pretty stupid idea, why even include them if they’re useless?

because then you can atleast participate.
besides, you can't exactly mod the free one since its not bound to you. there'd be no way to access its mods section.

I had the "completely unable to use mech abilities" bug once, that broke an entire run because I couldn't kill the orphix before another spawned and life support ran out.

I've also seen someone die who can't be revived and can't revive themself either, basically taking them out of the game entirely but still cursing us with the higher spawns that come from a higher playercount.

Also, there's the bug that nullicancer turns off mech abilities (and that nullicancer themselves are completely immune to voidrig's exalted #4, whether shielded or not) - which is complete BS, because the only reason we're even using mechs is because they can operate in areas where warframes and their powers are blocked.

7 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

besides, you can't exactly mod the free one since its not bound to you. there'd be no way to access its mods section.

They will find a way to do this (like how we can move not our own mech). However:

9 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

19 hours ago, Miser_able said:

the default mechs on the map are unmodded and thus do poor amounts of damage. it's like taking all your mods off then doing a sortie.

It's not that bad. I could kill  7-12 Orphixes on the easiest level (I got once ~3000 when I get lucky). I had 222 amp (not sure if 111 or the first amp would be better) for Resonators. Sure, I got some school's nodes unlocked (longer dash level 1 or 2). 

When modded (maybe not correctly but still modded) I get some problems with sorties. On the other hand Orphix Venom were not problematic after some runs.

ps. suuure... it's not 2k (or something) per hour but I have been able to farm the Phasic cells for the Lavos (got 1 part at that time), the Ceti lacera, the Basmu, the Simulacrum scene, half Cedo (other half dropped from Orphixes) and ~6 the Arcane energize.

9 hours ago, Miser_able said:

You can’t participate though, like I just explained it can’t deal any damage.

And sure, you can’t mod it. So why is it there? In the state it’s currently in it’s quite useless.

9 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

You can’t participate though, like I just explained it can’t deal any damage.

Let me quote myself:

17 hours ago, quxier said:

ps. suuure... it's not 2k (or something) per hour but I have been able to farm the Phasic cells for the Lavos (got 1 part at that time), the Ceti lacera, the Basmu, the Simulacrum scene, half Cedo (other half dropped from Orphixes) and ~6 the Arcane energize.

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

....did you quote the wrong part?

what you quoted has nothing to do with the useless mechs in the event you can use.

Unless you get bug where you deal very small damage then mech is capable of killing Orphixes and Resonators (for the lowest level at least).

I played with that useless mech. First few mission I couldn't even finish rotation A (3 orphixes) because I was slow (killing resonators) and I haven't been hitting orphix's weak spot!

After I get better, pick right frame (the Protea just for energy) and operator school (longer void dashes, not maxed; zenurik was fine as well with more energy). The Voidrig 4th helps at ~5+ orphixes (you kill them faster).

As for other enemies:

- one are weak (no damage adaptation)

- batalysts had adaptation so you need "void them" or use Voidrig's 4th (but that's better used for Orphixes)

- immortal with some "glass thing" (similar enemies like Nightwave's glassed enemies)

However you don't need to touch those enemies that much (I mainly kill the weakest one and batalysts if they are near and annoys me) - just put shield (2 afair) and maybe 4th and kill orphix.

And as for Resonators you could use operators. Few void dashes and you are near resonators. Shoot & melee attack it (afair it was called void blast).

Archived