I would like to get an Steel Path Arbitration (SPA) with:

• same unlock conditions (completing Star Chart on Steel Path)
  • Arbitration Shield Drones have chance to drop Steel Essence
    • the Steel Path booster affects drones
  • increased Acolytes spawns (spawn 2 instead of 1 for example, or more frequently)
    • perhaps let Acolytes also drop a Vitus Essence
  • 1x Down = Dead, no respawning, no reviving, leave the reviving for the easier Arbitration
    • no tokes from drones to revive, once dead, you have to leave or wait until the rest extracts
  • +1 additional random weapon boost (or none at all to make it harder?)
  • (optional) penalties: each time an objective is failed, that would not lead to mission failure, you get a permanent penalty, example: Extractor destroyed, Life support goes below 20%, Defense Targets HP drops below 20%, each time enemy get 10% in interception, a conduit is destroyed
    • penalty (permanent): -50% max hp, -50% Damage Output (weapons)(abilities), -50% max Ammo to all weapons, Energy drain 1e/s, turn off shields, turn off energy, etc..
    • those would be random   

This way we would get a harder and less forgiving mode, with good reward ratio. High risk high reward.

• Like 6

Acolytes in arbitration? With their heavily boosted level/stats? They can oneshot any 'magey' frame. Noone would survive past second spawn, unless you abused some ridiculously silly OP build, which would thin frame diversity to wukong, inaros and whatever else that can tank heavy hits.

Rather than making another arbitration, I'd just pull current one to steel path standards and tweak rewards a bit. And rather adding Acolytes to arbitration I'd add conduit destroyers as minibosses with their AI set to attack (or run from) player.

Edited by deothor
  • Like 1
Just now, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Sad. I just really dont like the reviving in arbitration. Making SPA without the reviving aspect would have been nice.

It was supposed to have no reviving from the start, but then host migrations when hosts died was a problem so naturally instead of making servers like for the relays or dojos speceficlly for arbitrations, they just removed the 1 thing i actually found interesting about them.

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

not likely, Arbitration's release went very poorly, and when that happens DE avoids it at all costs... even at the cost of their players.

Oh, really? I thought it was a great addition, old or new system. What was the backlash about? Death, Reward density? I like the riskier aspect and I wasn't bothered by the double rotation needed. 

• Like 1
Am 18.1.2021 um 18:34 schrieb deothor:

Acolytes in arbitration? With their heavily boosted level/stats? They can oneshot any 'magey' frame. Noone would survive past second spawn, unless you abused some ridiculously silly OP build, which would thin frame diversity to wukong, inaros and whatever else that can tank heavy hits.

Rather than making another arbitration, I'd just pull current one to steel path standards and tweak rewards a bit. And rather adding Acolytes to arbitration I'd add conduit destroyers as minibosses with their AI set to attack (or run from) player.

Ah, that you mention it. The default spawn levels should start at 5000 and increase by 500 every 10 minutes.

And yes, that mode would require you to go all out, take the strongest equipment you have. Abuse every single aspect of the game, because currently, there isn't one mode that does that.

Am 18.1.2021 um 18:33 schrieb (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423:

Makes Sense Ok GIF by Kim's Convenience        

but what would be the rewards?

I was thinking: Keep the standard Arbitration rotation stuff (the mods , arcanes etc.), but because of the innate Steel Path boosters and the changes to the mentioned acolytes and Arbitration Drones, we would get more of the Steel and Vitus Essences.  

I dont want the devs to spent alot of time on doing new stuff or anything. It should be a quick add for in between. Nothing fancy.

Edited by Amadeus_the_Executioner

Permadeath is a no-go because WF enemies have stupid damage and "unfair" attacks.

Elite Shield Lancers with their Tonkor spam, Bombards with lock-on rockets, Grineer in general for being hitscan, pretty much anything involving Disruptors or Toxic Ancients, Mutalist Osprey farts, Scrambus/Comba with ranged weapons, Juno Elite Crewman, and Machinists are all varying levels of BS. And that's just off the top of my head

It ends up being you make a single mistake and boom, you're dead.

Up the revive requirement if desired, but permadeath sucks.

Then again you where the one who wanted to make foundry slots cost plat and "break" right?

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 2
vor 26 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom:

Permadeath is a no-go because WF enemies have stupid damage and "unfair" attacks.

Elite Shield Lancers with their Tonkor spam, Bombards with lock-on rockets, Grineer in general for being hitscan, pretty much anything involving Disruptors or Toxic Ancients, Mutalist Osprey farts, Scrambus/Comba with ranged weapons, Juno Elite Crewman, and Machinists are all varying levels of BS. And that's just off the top of my head

Then again you where the one who wanted to make foundry slots cost plat and "break" right?

For those people we still have the casual Arbitration, no problems there.

On 2021-01-18 at 6:38 PM, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

1x Down = Dead, no respawning, no reviving, leave the reviving for the easier Arbitration

• no tokes from drones to revive, once dead, you have to leave or wait until the rest extracts

I love all your suggestions, but this i dont. The revival mechanic of Arbies is the main reason i love this game mode. It makes me cooperate with my team, assure them that "we got u", and it spikes up the tension for a bit.

Arbitration still suffers from Magical Mystery Death bugs. Even though the legendary NpcThrownGrenadeWeapon eventually got fixed, you can still load up an EE.log and see yourself dying from (X) / (Y) with no source, "Just Damage", often not even enough damage (x) to deplete the health value (y).

It's basically inexcusable to have solo players still get yeeted out of missions because of those, much less take the revival mechanic away from squads too.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Agreed. The revive mechanic of Arbies is my favorite feature of this mode

• Like 1

But I want hard mode! XD

I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA !

Normal arbies have gotten pretty tame, at the start at least, i gotta play atleast 30 mins to get interesting. I and I want my Acolytes ^^

Edited by Kaggelos
  • Like 2

Overall I like it. But there are some things I would like to be changed.

Am 18.1.2021 um 17:38 schrieb Amadeus_the_Executioner:

1x Down = Dead, no respawning, no reviving, leave the reviving for the easier Arbitration

A revive timer of 5s. But not to make it easier. Time pressure (5s to decide) and a big consequent (perma death) is the perfect way to let player make the bad decision. (like reviewing an alley, while forgetting to switch into Operator form).

Am 18.1.2021 um 17:38 schrieb Amadeus_the_Executioner:

(optional) penalties: each time an objective is failed, that would not lead to mission failure, you get a permanent penalty, example: Extractor destroyed, Life support goes below 20%, Defense Targets HP drops below 20%, each time enemy get 10% in interception, a conduit is destroyed

• penalty (permanent): -50% max hp, -50% Damage Output (weapons)(abilities), -50% max Ammo to all weapons, Energy drain 1e/s, turn off shields, turn off energy, etc..
  • those would be random  

Nobody like randomness. And I think you can be with some things a bit more consequent. Like:

• Survival
    • Player Hp is affected by life support.
      • example: 70% life support = 70% max hp| 35% life support= 35% hp
  • Excavation
    • Excavator has to be reparied (with energy) if it lose a certain amount of hp.
      • stops drilling if it's broken
  • Defense
    • draws energy of nerby players to repair/ healt itself.
  • Disruption
    • Explosion inflict huge damage on nearby players.
  • Interception
    • mean defense mechanisms depending on enemy faction 
      • creates a force-field, which prevent the player from entering the area until it's destroyed
      • gas cloud
      • Turrets with rockets
        • high knockback range, low damage
  • Defection
    • dead grineers turns into juggernouts.
  • Like 2
vor 11 Stunden schrieb ES-Flinter:

Overall I like it. But there are some things I would like to be changed.

A revive timer of 5s. But not to make it easier. Time pressure (5s to decide) and a big consequent (perma death) is the perfect way to let player make the bad decision. (like reviewing an alley, while forgetting to switch into Operator form).

Nobody like randomness. And I think you can be with some things a bit more consequent. Like:

• Survival
    • Player Hp is affected by life support.
      • example: 70% life support = 70% max hp| 35% life support= 35% hp
  • Excavation
    • Excavator has to be reparied (with energy) if it lose a certain amount of hp.
      • stops drilling if it's broken
  • Defense
    • draws energy of nerby players to repair/ healt itself.
  • Disruption
    • Explosion inflict huge damage on nearby players.
  • Interception
    • mean defense mechanisms depending on enemy faction 
      • creates a force-field, which prevent the player from entering the area until it's destroyed
      • gas cloud
      • Turrets with rockets
        • high knockback range, low damage
  • Defection
    • dead grineers turns into juggernouts.

Nice. We take this one.

On 2021-01-18 at 9:34 AM, deothor said:

The only way to get 1 shot is either getting hit by toxin (damage, not status, as even the status on SP does like 1 damage per second) or playing a Warframe with 0 shield.

Acolytes can actually burn through Warframes that only have armor as a defense mechanism. "Magey" Warframes since the introduction of shield-gate are pretty much unkillable unless hit by a high damage toxin hit.

Also, this is before taking into account team compositions, someone else can make the whole group harder to kill.

On 2021-01-21 at 10:26 AM, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

For those people we still have the casual Arbitration, no problems there.

You word that as if anyone that likes the mechanic are people that die. There is literally no risk in arbitration, even an SP version, other than when someone dies, or maybe even all 3 randoms die. The closest I've ever came to dying in arbitration was when all 3 died and my hp dropped from picking things up x5, although, this was pre-shield gate.

Edited by Yamazuki
13 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The only way to get 1 shot is either getting hit by toxin (damage, not status, as even the status on SP does like 1 damage per second) or playing a Warframe with 0 shield.

Not true. Acolytes have few more attacks that insta gib you. 

But seriously, close your eyes and imagine "hardcore abitrations" of some sorts and then people dying almost as soon as acolyte spawns, just because it had 1 or 2 abilities that had the potential to oneshot. Imagine the raging fire on those forums. What would happen then? DE would nerf acolytes... And if you nerf them to the ground the "hardcore arbitration" becomes basic arbitration with a gimmick or 2.

The problem I find while talking with ppl on this forum is that they usually play onetrick unkillable ponies, seriously tweaked to the max and the same folks EXPECT every other player on this globe to have minimum the same equipment and playstyle as them. That's just silly.

Am 24.1.2021 um 03:50 schrieb deothor:

Not true. Acolytes have few more attacks that insta gib you. 

But seriously, close your eyes and imagine "hardcore abitrations" of some sorts and then people dying almost as soon as acolyte spawns, just because it had 1 or 2 abilities that had the potential to oneshot. Imagine the raging fire on those forums. What would happen then? DE would nerf acolytes... And if you nerf them to the ground the "hardcore arbitration" becomes basic arbitration with a gimmick or 2.

The problem I find while talking with ppl on this forum is that they usually play onetrick unkillable ponies, seriously tweaked to the max and the same folks EXPECT every other player on this globe to have minimum the same equipment and playstyle as them. That's just silly.

Am 21.1.2021 um 18:31 schrieb Amadeus_the_Executioner:

Ah, that you mention it. The default spawn levels should start at 5000 and increase by 500 every 10 minutes.

And yes, that mode would require you to go all out, take the strongest equipment you have. Abuse every single aspect of the game, because currently, there isn't one mode that does that.

On 2021-01-18 at 1:38 PM, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

I would like to get an Steel Path Arbitration (SPA) with:

• same unlock conditions (completing Star Chart on Steel Path)
  • Arbitration Shield Drones have chance to drop Steel Essence
    • the Steel Path booster affects drones
  • increased Acolytes spawns (spawn 2 instead of 1 for example, or more frequently)
    • perhaps let Acolytes also drop a Vitus Essence
  • 1x Down = Dead, no respawning, no reviving, leave the reviving for the easier Arbitration
  • +1 additional random weapon boost (or none at all to make it harder?)
  • (optional) penalties: each time an objective is failed, that would not lead to mission failure, you get a permanent penalty, example: Extractor destroyed, Life support goes below 20%, Defense Targets HP drops below 20%, each time enemy get 10% in interception, a conduit is destroyed
    • those would be random   

This way we would get a harder and less forgiving mode, with good reward ratio. High risk high reward.

yes please!!!!!

@[DE]Adam@[DE]Megan@[DE]Rebecca

• Like 1