Lavos and Cedo Acquisition Post Orphix Venom

PC Tenno!

With Operation: Orphix Venom coming to an end TODAY on PC, we must give a new home to Lavos and his signature weapon - the Cedo. This week will bring a Hotfix that puts all the required Blueprints needed for both Lavos and the Cedo in Father’s Wares for Entrati Standing.

Similar to Baruuk, you will be able to acquire Lavos/Cedo and their parts at varying Entrati Ranks:

Lavos Blueprint: Rank 2 - Acquaintance 

Lavos Chassis/Neuroptics/Systems: Rank 3 - Associate 

Cedo Blueprint: Rank 4 - Friend

Cedo Barrel/Receiver/Stock: Rank 5 - Family*

Thanks for playing Operation: Orphix Venom - stay tuned for this week’s Hotfix!

(*note: if these placements change we will detail in the official Hotfix notes).

• Like 57

This would have been really nice to know about 24 hours ago when I spent the rest of my phasic cells to keep them from going to waste.

For future events, can you let the event store be open a few days after the event?

• Like 64
12 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

will  the hotfix for the lavos and stuff also address the Nightwave glitch?

primarily the double rescue mission bug and it not counting ?

did you reported it in the bugs section?

• Like 1

Would have been nice to know this at the start of this event. I would have spent all my phasic cells on arcanes instead of Lavos and Cedo. I have more Entrati standing than I need.

But of course, you guys likely did not tell us this expressly so that we would would waste cells on stuff we'd be able to get later. Not cool DE: you're better than that. If you're going to make event rewards buyable for standing once an event is over, then tell us that when the event starts so that we can focus on buying the things that will NOT be available for standing later, like arcanes.

• Like 53

I am really not sure why you have kept parts at a different rank than the base blueprint.

If it's to incentivise ranking up the syndicate you could keep all the parts and blueprints at the same higher rank , buying a blueprint only to know you don't have the parts for it yet leaves a poor taste.

If you still want to keep it that way you could have the parts first and then the main BP , at least players will have something cooking in the foundry while they wait for the standing reset and will actually log in soon to claim it as well as try to rank up the syndicate.

Unless of course the objective is indeed to use up as much of a players time as possible.

• Like 28

These parts being available for main Entrati standing is perfect, but it does make my time spent in Orphix Venom feel even worse in retrospect. Most of my drops were Lavos parts, and I thought I was lucky to get them at the time, but now it was actually pretty meaningless.

I'm not saying I want the parts to be more tedious to acquire post-event, I'm saying event rewards should've been better.

• Like 26
1 minute ago, LupoDWolf said:

Holy... people are salty

Orphix was a fairly awful grind (at least for me) yet, we did it anyway. Many of use stuck with it for the platinum. So yeah, seeing hours of work wasted is going to do that. Fortunately, I have something of a "this is a game not a job" policy so didn't grind nearly as hard as I could have.

• Like 28

And that's why I didn't spend my cells buying Lavos, because I knew that I would get him as drops and because DE would certainly put him into another mode or syndicate. I knew he dropped as rotation reward, and that arcanes were a better deal in the store, so I ended up only farming arcanes. In the end I got enough parts for 5 Lavos by the end of the event and all the arcanes I really wanted.

Just remember: Work smarter, not harder.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 13

It's very reasonable that  Lavos and Cedo weren't just gonna be long gone and be reintroduce in like a month after the event. In retrospect, the strategy to get players to play the event more by putting them only in the event shop, thus, putting fomo on top of the Arcanes is "sketchy". Though, it really isn't that bad after realizing what is the number one thing you value in the event.

Even if the news of this was made at the beginning of the event, a month will still seem long for others that they just say "screw, I'll use the cells to get Lavos and Cedo". We already have a feel of how much grindier and long it is to get those Arcanes, yet from the responses here makes it seem like the "wait time for the two to be reintroduce" (if not the supposed grind) was going to be worse than the Arcanes.

• Like 9

Thanks for making Lavos and Cedo available outside the event... Kind of a jerk move to tell us this as the event is ending and we've spent all our event currency on them already, though. And don't say it's because you wanted to protect the arcane market... This event hasn't even launched on console yet, if you were that worried about it you would have waited until after it was done on console as well. At least they get a heads up and won't have to waste their time like we did. 😠

25 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Would have been nice to know this at the start of this event. I would have spent all my phasic cells on arcanes instead of Lavos and Cedo. I have more Entrati standing than I need.

But of course, you guys likely did not tell us this expressly so that we would would waste cells on stuff we'd be able to get later. Not cool DE: you're better than that. If you're going to make event rewards buyable for standing once an event is over, then tell us that when the event starts so that we can focus on buying the things that will NOT be available for standing later, like arcanes.

• Like 13

This just feels like a very scummy tactic. I feel very demoralized and let down now.

Would it be possible to get our Phasic Cells refunded if we used them to buy Lavos and Cedo? I don't even have them building yet. I want arcanes instead now that I know this.

• Like 21

Oh cool. Just saw this forum post after spending event standing on Lavos and Cedo parts. Would've been nice to see this announcement hooked up to the orbiter's news panel.

Edited by AnFangs
  • Like 12
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

PC Tenno!

With Operation: Orphix Venom coming to an end TODAY on PC, we must give a new home to Lavos and his signature weapon - the Cedo. This week will bring a Hotfix that puts all the required Blueprints needed for both Lavos and the Cedo in Father’s Wares for Entrati Standing.

Similar to Baruuk, you will be able to acquire Lavos/Cedo and their parts at varying Entrati Ranks:

Lavos Blueprint: Rank 2 - Acquaintance 

Lavos Chassis/Neuroptics/Systems: Rank 3 - Associate 

Cedo Blueprint: Rank 4 - Friend

Cedo Barrel/Receiver/Stock: Rank 5 - Family*

Thanks for playing Operation: Orphix Venom - stay tuned for this week’s Hotfix!

(*note: if these placements change we will detail in the official Hotfix notes).

Bah...
I'd much rather see Orphix become a recurrent event like the fissures...
You guys need to stop wasting time and assets on making stuff for a single operation and leaving it in cold storage.
The new war could be an actual on-going thing if you hadn't mishandled Scarlet Spear and now Orphix Venom so badly.

Also, pretty awesome for people who spent Phasic cells on somewhat overpriced stuff that's no being dumped on a regular standing shop. No backlash expected there... Seriously i really wonder who comes up with these things, and how many people this has to go through without one person saying, maybe there's another way?

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 25
  • Timothy_Mark changed the title to not trying to be mean but i felt you just bamboozled alot of players grinding out oprhix venom