Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Lavos and Cedo Acquisition Post Orphix Venom

7 hours ago, Monolake said:

Blueprint - that you can't craft - in earlier ranks than the parts you need to craft it. This doesn't make sense and will only upset players who are yet to max Entrati standing, better swap them around.

Actually it makes perfect sense, since swapping them around would allow players to craft parts they cannot use (until they get the blueprint). Better to have the bp first...

8 hours ago, kaotis said:

Welp... you at least  gave players that don't have the gun a reason to progress in the ranks there...

When will you rebalance that wonky family economy?

If they ever "rebalanced" the Entrati "economy" it would probably end up looking like the Debt-Bond hell we have for Solaris U. So hopefully the answer is "never". (That said, I'm 3 Grandmother tokens away from maxing it so even if they did it wouldn't effect me too terribly.)

So I wasted 39p on Cedo set last day on Orphix Venom for nothing? Wow. I assumed it wont be available till the next event hits like Ceti Lacera. Now I am kinda salty.

Next time may I suggest giving such important announcements like these before the event ends? Will relieve a lot of unnecessary frustration.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Yazu_ said:

What happens to the remaining Phasic Cells? Because some people around me unfortunately couldn't spend them at time. Are these kept for something or totally lost?

I can see them in the event window at the top right corner (where you used to play 3 orphix missions)

• Like 1

All i see are people whining about how they set their priorities wrong. DE is not at fault for you setting your priority on buying lavos and Cedo with phasic cells.

They said from the start they would put him elsewhere. But they didnt think of where at the time as there was multiple options for them to actually do. You didnt pick to set arcanes as the priority, you set lavos and cedo as your priority which is no ones fault but yours.

"My time got wasted" ok go play like every MMO under the sun and any Looter shooter then you can say your time got wasted because those waste your time more then warframe, they are making him easy to get. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, PrinceMeliodas said:

-snip-

Agreed, i got lavos and cedo A WEEK into the event cause i never even touched necramechs so it took me a week to grind for voidrig and get the important mods. even after Grinding for a mech and getting lavos and cedo i had plenty of time to grind out the basmu, ceti lecera, mech head, and ballroom simulacrum. plus R3 Grace, energize, and guardian. 

least you can do is be grateful that lavos and cedo isn't locked behind an event.

On 2021-01-18 at 11:42 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Similar to Baruuk, you will be able to acquire Lavos/Cedo and their parts at varying Entrati Ranks:

Lavos Blueprint: Rank 2 - Acquaintance 

Lavos Chassis/Neuroptics/Systems: Rank 3 - Associate

Getting the blueprint first and the parts second feels bad. Your first reward does nothing, and you still won't get Lavos until after you get the next rank AND you build the components and THEN put the frame himself in the oven.

Being able to build the parts first while you work on getting the next level of standing, then being able to do something with the Lavos blueprint right after would be a far more satisfying reward cycle.

This has no effect on the veterans who have already gotten through the Entrati standing grind. This would strictly be a quality-of-life benefit for "newer players" who are still working through it.

• Like 3

i mean i spent weeks grinding the hell out of orphix venom getting lavos parts and the cedo weapon parts due to how low the drop chances, all i get is another 1000+ relics or lavos alt helmet blueprints, thats how bad it is, to make matters even more worse is just how you pulled a fast one on us by simply making them dirt cheap easy to get by adding them to the entrati family syndicate?

Literally most of us could have just focused on getting the arcanes and necramech mods if we knew about that but no you decide to leave people on a cliffhanger and force them to get these parts due to how bad the drop rates were and now realizing how bad the actual awards are for the grind, like seriously it wouldnt hurt to make the rewards worthwhile in the event like increasing the amount of cells you earn or simply make the drop rates more worthwhile? 

Seriously the event was nice but now realizing how worthwhile the rewards are now is just frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Timothy_Mark changed the title to not trying to be mean but i felt you just bamboozled alot of players grinding out oprhix venom
On 2021-01-18 at 5:42 PM, [DE]Megan said:

PC Tenno!

With Operation: Orphix Venom coming to an end TODAY on PC, we must give a new home to Lavos and his signature weapon - the Cedo. This week will bring a Hotfix that puts all the required Blueprints needed for both Lavos and the Cedo in Father’s Wares for Entrati Standing.

Similar to Baruuk, you will be able to acquire Lavos/Cedo and their parts at varying Entrati Ranks:

Lavos Blueprint: Rank 2 - Acquaintance 

Lavos Chassis/Neuroptics/Systems: Rank 3 - Associate 

Cedo Blueprint: Rank 4 - Friend

Cedo Barrel/Receiver/Stock: Rank 5 - Family*

Thanks for playing Operation: Orphix Venom - stay tuned for this week’s Hotfix!

(*note: if these placements change we will detail in the official Hotfix notes).

Perhaps a silly question, but I cannot find a place it has already been answered anywhere. 

What will become of the new necramech mods that were part of Orphix Venom Operation and Event Store rewards? 

For those complaining: 

1) DE made it clear Cedo and Lavos were not something you should be focusing on with cells as they made them drop through the event. Same with the new necramech mods. If you chose to make them a priority, that was your decision. 

2) If you really thought DE was going to make a frame only obtainable once a year, and didn't expect them to put it in game somewhere after this event ended, that's on you. 

It's a WF. Even Hildryn, the closest thing to a time limited frame (for someone theoretically who has no thermia saved up, and wants to go it totally alone), still has the event reoccurring within weeks. Did you really think, for one second, DE was going to make a "once a year" frame? 

Come ON. 

• Like 8

EDIT: i would like moderators team to stop either deleting my posts or shadow editing and sillencing my voice about being edited. This is censorship 101. I keep my receipts of these actions and as I do not violate neither forum rules neither EULA, please respect my voice.

As I said before my posts got deleted and this one got edited, I would like to repeat myself:

Playing this game for a while, it becomes more noticeable that there is a disconnection between what is said and what is delivered. If we treat time as non expandable currency we can see why some players may feel that their time has been wasted on a basis of making something seem to be of limited availability only to retrospectively devalue such thing and devalue attention and time spent on acquisition.

That being said, there is a lesson for both, devs and players alike:

For players: time to learn to go about your day without investing time into something out of FOMO, your health and enjoyment is more important than that

For devs: more clear communication would be greatly appreciated in a future where we could have more information about how to spend our time and in game event currency / any other instance of time limited availability. 

Edited by Wawus
POST EDITED BY MODERATOR WITHOUT WARNING OR CONSENT
  • Like 5
Just now, Wawus said:

For players: time to ignore FOMO and go about your day without investing time into something out of fear.

I barely played the event simply because I don't enjoy doing the same repetitive thing for an hour. I got some fun loot out of it. People should try that attitude more. 

This was supposed to be a fun event for those who want to try it to test out the new necramechs in normal missions. 

Apart from a couple cosmetics and the Ceti Lacera and Basmu (which are tradeable BP's), all of this was either already farmable in game, or stuff you would expect to soon be farmable in game. Farming super hard, super early, as an early adopter, has NEVER been rewarding in WF. 

You get it early, but you go through more rng usually and more bugs. But you get it first. I'm not sure what game others have been playing, but that's always been the tradeoff in WF. Do you want to be a Guinea Pig and get it right away, or do you want to chill and take your time and deal with things when everything cools off a bit? But that's most live service games tbh, at least imo.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Graavarg said:

Actually it makes perfect sense, since swapping them around would allow players to craft parts they cannot use (until they get the blueprint). Better to have the bp first...

Think again: crafting parts right away saves you time waiting. Main BP is totally useless without parts.

• Like 2

So, basically, I wasted my cells on getting a Cedo set (since I had bad luck with it dropping from rotation rewards) and instead I could've gotten more arcanes?

That's a bit disappointing and frustrating.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Esagvere said:

So, basically, I wasted my cells on getting a Cedo set (since I had bad luck with it dropping from rotation rewards) and instead I could've gotten more arcanes?

That's a bit disappointing and frustrating.

Yeh, but keep in mind the arcanes aren't some thing that is leaving the game for another year. 

You can still get them from eidolons any old day of the week. 

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeh, but keep in mind the arcanes aren't some thing that is leaving the game for another year. 

Yeah but I can't play openworlds because my PC can't handle them, so this was the only way to get arcanes for me other than to buy them.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

A Cedo set costed 4500 cells. That's 5 r0 Energize + Arcane Avenger + 100 more cells to spare.

Run the math on how many tridolons you need to do to get that. Meanwhile it was around 2 Orphix runs to get that.

Edited by Esagvere
  • Like 3
hace 8 horas, EiraRozen dijo:

If they ever "rebalanced" the Entrati "economy" it would probably end up looking like the Debt-Bond hell we have for Solaris U. So hopefully the answer is "never". (That said, I'm 3 Grandmother tokens away from maxing it so even if they did it wouldn't effect me too terribly.)

At the end of the day, the entrati where/are like x1,5~1,7 the actual standing than the other open worlds. The yeye you get tokens and save up at the end of the day is equal to us paying standing and on top of that tolens(that are also standing).

The grandmother tokens are the worst culprit imho and should be removed totally.

Edited by kaotis
4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Perhaps a silly question, but I cannot find a place it has already been answered anywhere. 

What will become of the new necramech mods that were part of Orphix Venom Operation and Event Store rewards? 

For those complaining: 

1) DE made it clear Cedo and Lavos were not something you should be focusing on with cells as they made them drop through the event. Same with the new necramech mods. If you chose to make them a priority, that was your decision. 

2) If you really thought DE was going to make a frame only obtainable once a year, and didn't expect them to put it in game somewhere after this event ended, that's on you. 

It's a WF. Even Hildryn, the closest thing to a time limited frame (for someone theoretically who has no thermia saved up, and wants to go it totally alone), still has the event reoccurring within weeks. Did you really think, for one second, DE was going to make a "once a year" frame? 

Come ON. 

I agree with you mostly. I was expecting them to add it back, either on Simaris (since that's been the latest dump of things for people to get after events and whatnot), or much better, making the event regular.
Didn't really expect it to be dealt in such a lazy fashion, especially when if you add the dev time that went into this, plus scarlet spear, for them to be wasted on a single issue mission. Its just nonsense, they keep telling us its hard to do things, they've pushed back every single release, but they still find it productive to just kill all the man hours that went into these events on a one-off thing.

• Like 2

Wow, I spent the last day of OV grinding for lavos and cedu parts, and I actually spent most of the cells I saved buying lavos and cedu parts. I wish I should have just spent them on other things instead.

On the other hand, I'm not high enough standing with Father yet IIRC.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Monolake said:

Think again: crafting parts right away saves you time waiting. Main BP is totally useless without parts.

Of course, but crafting the parts takes only 12 hours. If we are talking about players ranking up that fast, you might be correct (starting building the complete warframe 12 hours faster matters).

However, the parts are equally useless without the bp, and if players "build 'em when they get 'em", the resources used for building them will stay "locked" until they achieve the rank to unlock the bp. Which also might upset a player or two...

Since I actually think that players have to take some responsibility for their actions and decisions themselves (shocking thought, I know...), I don't see this as a real problem either way. I also don't see a "right" or "wrong" way to do this. My only point was that when looked at from another viewpoint (as per above), having the bp first makes "perfect sense".

On 2021-01-18 at 5:47 PM, M0deRa1n said:

I guess this is how my time spent is valued

Dont know about you but i got all the parts while farming resourses i spent on arcanes, so the way i see it i got a free warframe and gun while grinding for arcane energize.