Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Lavos and Cedo Acquisition Post Orphix Venom

On 2021-01-18 at 8:25 PM, Sentinel-14 said:

Would have been nice to know this at the start of this event. I would have spent all my phasic cells on arcanes instead of Lavos and Cedo. I have more Entrati standing than I need.

But of course, you guys likely did not tell us this expressly so that we would would waste cells on stuff we'd be able to get later. Not cool DE: you're better than that. If you're going to make event rewards buyable for standing once an event is over, then tell us that when the event starts so that we can focus on buying the things that will NOT be available for standing later, like arcanes.

It was a waste from the start, because you could have just got all the weapon and Lavos parts from the random rewards anyway, and bought all the arcanes with the points. It takes much longer to buy 21 of each arcane or even 21 each of the actually useful ones than it does getting 2x lavos sets and 1 Cedo set from the random rewards.

3 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

It was a waste from the start, because you could have just got all the weapon and Lavos parts from the random rewards anyway, and bought all the arcanes with the points. It takes much longer to buy 21 of each arcane or even 21 each of the actually useful ones than it does getting 2x lavos sets and 1 Cedo set from the random rewards.

Except that its random?
I did a ton of it, bought a lot of arcanes, and never got the receiver for Cedo.

For example, math says that for a ~99% certainty of getting the entire lavos set it takes ~200 A rotations which is equivalent to ~12 full 36 wave runs. More if you don't get to the full thing. That doesn't seem much, but this event coincided with holidays and new year, which for a lot of people is a busy time, not everyone had the entire month to run daily.

Cedo is more or less the same thing, except you only have 1 B rotation per cycle, so you need ~24 36 wave runs for 99% certainty. And still in the end of all that, 1% of players won't have the drop.

Oh, and the most expensive arcanes cost 800 per, so a full 21 arcanes to max tier would be 16800 Phasic cells to buy. Running 36 waves 12 times would get you at least around 24 000 cells, assuming a minimum of 2000 cells per 36, which is pretty easy to get, i mean people were doing 40k legitimate runs apparently. So that also disproves your claims.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 3
hace 2 horas, ReaverKane dijo:

Except that its random?
I did a ton of it, bought a lot of arcanes, and never got the receiver for Cedo.

For example, math says that for a ~99% certainty of getting the entire lavos set it takes ~200 A rotations which is equivalent to ~12 full 36 wave runs. More if you don't get to the full thing. That doesn't seem much, but this event coincided with holidays and new year, which for a lot of people is a busy time, not everyone had the entire month to run daily.

Cedo is more or less the same thing, except you only have 1 B rotation per cycle, so you need ~24 36 wave runs for 99% certainty. And still in the end of all that, 1% of players won't have the drop.

Oh, and the most expensive arcanes cost 800 per, so a full 21 arcanes to max tier would be 16800 Phasic cells to buy. Running 36 waves 12 times would get you at least around 24 000 cells, assuming a minimum of 2000 cells per 36, which is pretty easy to get, i mean people were doing 40k legitimate runs apparently. So that also disproves your claims.

You can trade cedo parts.

In my case, I had to bought lavos chasis the day before the event ended to get Lavos. If I knew they would introduce lavos for entrati level 3, I would have waited a week.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Those 40k+ runs are are behind hundreds of attempts to learn which rotations to go for and which tilesets are the best ones to run on. That's more than enough rolls to get the rotational rewards from the actual mission just in failed attempts. Your casual players would look at about 22k score per run. Besides, I was speaking about buying out ALL the arcanes, which totals upto 218.4k cells. Let's say you exclude half of the commons and 7 uncommon arcanes because that's approximately how many totally useless ones there are, the total still remains 147k, which for a casual would be 66-67 full runs and half of that for experienced runners.

Then there's also the opportunist case of hoarding a bunch of Legendary arcanes to keep and sell for decent platinum later on the line. Who knows how many runs people did doing that. Some people went way harder on this event than just the bare minimum.

i mean i spent weeks grinding the hell out of orphix venom getting lavos parts and the cedo weapon parts due to how low the drop chances, all i get is another 1000+ relics or lavos alt helmet blueprints, thats how bad it is, to make matters even more worse is just how you pulled a fast one on us by simply making them dirt cheap easy to get by adding them to the entrati family syndicate? literally most of us could have just focused on getting the arcanes and necramech mods if we knew about that but no you decide to leave people on a cliffhanger and force them to get these parts due to how bad the drop rates were and now realizing how bad the actual awards are for the grind, like seriously it wouldnt hurt to make the rewards worthwhile in the event like increasing the amount of cells you earn or simply make the drop rates more worthwhile? 

• Like 4
On 2021-01-18 at 5:42 PM, [DE]Megan said:

PC Tenno!

With Operation: Orphix Venom coming to an end TODAY on PC, we must give a new home to Lavos and his signature weapon - the Cedo. This week will bring a Hotfix that puts all the required Blueprints needed for both Lavos and the Cedo in Father’s Wares for Entrati Standing.

Similar to Baruuk, you will be able to acquire Lavos/Cedo and their parts at varying Entrati Ranks:

Lavos Blueprint: Rank 2 - Acquaintance 

Lavos Chassis/Neuroptics/Systems: Rank 3 - Associate 

Cedo Blueprint: Rank 4 - Friend

Cedo Barrel/Receiver/Stock: Rank 5 - Family*

Thanks for playing Operation: Orphix Venom - stay tuned for this week’s Hotfix!

(*note: if these placements change we will detail in the official Hotfix notes).

how to waste our time for nothing...

next time dont do an event like this if you want to test your content like this.

• Like 3

People keep saying this was predictable or to be expected or "you should have known", which is blatantly wrong. The only logical prediction based on YEARS of precedence was that event items would not be available from non-event sources for AT LEAST 6 months (blatant example: the Ceti Lacera). Many times the non-event sources are a much worse grind than the event (best example: Spectra Vandal. I got enough anomaly shards to buy everything you can buy with them, and then some. I went into every single orokin ship and opened every single container. I've not seen a single Spectra part drop and don't know anyone who has. I'm so very glad I got the weapon from the event).

There are a ton of strawmen in this thread. Nobody is angry because the items will be available from shop. I don't think anyone is even angry that they're available so quickly afterwards (I'm certainly not; I don't care exclusivity or having a speshul item before others or whatever. In fact one of the things I like about Warframe and DE is that, aside from Founder items, NOTHING in the game becomes Gone Forever; I've quit several games in the past that did exclusive non-cosmetic rewards). What people are angry about, and have every right to be, is the specific combination of how DE did things: they made it immediately available after event for a much easier grind AND didn't announce this until the end of the event AND phasic cells could've been better put to use by getting the arcanes considering what the alternative grinds for Lavos/Cedo on one hand and the arcanes on the other hand entail. None of the individual statements are that bad on their own, them all being linked by the ANDs is the problem. It doesn't help that the event (as usual) was a messy bugest as usual. And of course us PC players are as usual unpaid beta testers for the console version, and on top of it console players are told BEFORE the event even starts where things will be available and can plan accordingly (I always laugh when console players complain that they get things after us on PC; I always wait for months before trying new non-event content because of how unplayable it is at launch)

• Like 18
vor 19 Stunden schrieb zipilgrim:

And of course us PC players are as usual unpaid beta testers for the console version, and on top of it console players are told BEFORE the event even starts where things will be available and can plan accordingly (I always laugh when console players complain that they get things after us on PC; I always wait for months before trying new non-event content because of how unplayable it is at launch)

This...

And don't forget the changed Drop-tables on consoles now, another punch in the PC-Players face. ;-)

• Like 7
En 21/1/2021 a las 14:31, RamonLeeYJ dijo:

This is easily predictable and inevitable, you guys just didn't manage your time and resources properly.

Predictable that lavos come out in a few weeks after the event, or in a  couple with a new boss. Not the same week an easier to get that from event.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Tristan_GER said:

This...

And don't forget the changed Drop-tables on consoles now, another punch in the PC-Players face. ;-)

8 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

I'm sorry, what?! Drop-table changes!?

Either I'm looking at the wrong sources or there was a miscommunication somewhere.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb EiraRozen:

I'm sorry, what?! Drop-table changes!?

Zitat

No longer in the tables:

Both of these have been taken out to allow for better odds at getting newer/desired rewards.
• Rare Deimos Gems
• Endo

• Like 1
On 2021-01-21 at 11:38 AM, zipilgrim said:

People keep saying this was predictable or to be expected or "you should have known", which is blatantly wrong. The only logical prediction based on YEARS of precedence was that event items would not be available from non-event sources for AT LEAST 6 months (blatant example: the Ceti Lacera). Many times the non-event sources are a much worse grind than the event (best example: Spectra Vandal. I got enough anomaly shards to buy everything you can buy with them, and then some. I went into every single orokin ship and opened every single container. I've not seen a single Spectra part drop and don't know anyone who has. I'm so very glad I got the weapon from the event).

There are a ton of strawmen in this thread. Nobody is angry because the items will be available from shop. I don't think anyone is even angry that they're available so quickly afterwards (I'm certainly not; I don't care exclusivity or having a speshul item before others or whatever. In fact one of the things I like about Warframe and DE is that, aside from Founder items, NOTHING in the game becomes Gone Forever; I've quit several games in the past that did exclusive non-cosmetic rewards). What people are angry about, and have every right to be, is the specific combination of how DE did things: they made it immediately available after event for a much easier grind AND didn't announce this until the end of the event AND phasic cells could've been better put to use by getting the arcanes considering what the alternative grinds for Lavos/Cedo on one hand and the arcanes on the other hand entail. None of the individual statements are that bad on their own, them all being linked by the ANDs is the problem. It doesn't help that the event (as usual) was a messy bugest as usual. And of course us PC players are as usual unpaid beta testers for the console version, and on top of it console players are told BEFORE the event even starts where things will be available and can plan accordingly (I always laugh when console players complain that they get things after us on PC; I always wait for months before trying new non-event content because of how unplayable it is at launch)

Standing ovation for this Sooth, cousin.

• Like 2
On 2021-01-20 at 7:33 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Those 40k+ runs are are behind hundreds of attempts to learn which rotations to go for and which tilesets are the best ones to run on. That's more than enough rolls to get the rotational rewards from the actual mission just in failed attempts. Your casual players would look at about 22k score per run. Besides, I was speaking about buying out ALL the arcanes, which totals upto 218.4k cells. Let's say you exclude half of the commons and 7 uncommon arcanes because that's approximately how many totally useless ones there are, the total still remains 147k, which for a casual would be 66-67 full runs and half of that for experienced runners.

Then there's also the opportunist case of hoarding a bunch of Legendary arcanes to keep and sell for decent platinum later on the line. Who knows how many runs people did doing that. Some people went way harder on this event than just the bare minimum.

Buying all the arcanes is somewhat strawmanish. But ok.

Looks like DE have put their foot in it again. 
DE really need to work on improving their PR strategy, especially when it comes to showing how they value the real-life time their players invest in grinding for assumed rewards. 

Edited by room199
  • Like 8

DE is starting the year with a fresh gut punch to everyone, who spent cells or platinum for extra Cedo sets, especially because they knew players will stock up on them since they are tradeable and were presented in the same light as Ceti Lacera and Basmu, which are event exclusives. So those players are #*!%ed, but not, if you did the same with Necramech mods. Nope, those are still event exclusive and tradeable. WHERE IS THE CONSISTENCY?! God, you are just so awful, it's ridiculous. 

• Like 4
On 2021-01-19 at 1:47 AM, M0deRa1n said:

I guess this is how my time spent is valued

At least you had your fun doing the same mission 100 times, right? 

So entertaining to not use your warframes. It's almost like the game is titled Necramech now. 
Right?

/s

• Like 1