Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are secura dual cestra worth it?

(PSN)moncio-the-best

Question

12 answers to this question

That's a pretty good riven! Personally, I don't really like the dual cestras (both regular and secura), but I know people who do. It's worth trying them out for yourself to see if you like them. 

Before you make any decisions, I would wait a little bit. The corpus "liches" are coming soon, and so we will soon get new upgrades of corpus weapons. We may get a new dual cestra weapon with that update, so I would definitely hang on to your riven until that update comes!

Answering your title, no.

I had a pretty good riven for it, +fire rate, +damage with + recoil as a 'negative' stat.

It was still useless because of the low ammo pool for this weapon.

As for the riven, keep it, at least unless you're out of riven slots, i got rid of mine, but if you got enough space for it, keeping it until you can sell it at a higher price is always a good idea.

33 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Pretty bad for the weapon. Dual Cestra isnt a crit weapon.

69.3% crit chance and 4.88x crit damage (that is, with primed pistol gambit and target cracker) is perfectly serviceable for a crit/hybrid build.

That said, as someone who likes to make bad weapons decent, even I haven't touched the Cestras. The reload speed and complete lack of slash make it hard to like.

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

69.3% crit chance and 4.88x crit

By using how many mod slots and increasing the damage by what fraction? How about alternative?

Also I  do not understand where  do you get the numbers from:

With base 16% (below average) and 1.6x (waay below average) wIth primed cracker and gambit you get cc 45.9% and cd 3.4x. Did you also apply the mentioned riven with max dispo (cause the numbers listed are with Dual Cestra dispo 1.35, not Secura 1.3 because OP doesnt have one)?

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

By using how many mod slots and increasing the damage by what fraction? How about alternative?

Also IO  do not understand where  do you get the numbers from:

With base 16% (below average) and 1.6x (waay below average) wIth primed cracker and gambit you get cc 45.9% and cd 3.4x. Did you also apply the mentioned riven with max dispo?

Riven plus the two primed mods, which is bog standard for any crit/hybrid weapon. I did indeed use the OPs listed stats, but forgot about the Secura's disposition, so you're right the numbers are off. But only marginally, 1.35 disposition vs 1.3.

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

So 3 mod slots to achieve 0,69*3.88-0.16*0.6=258% damage increase. Not bad. How about the alternatives?

Piling on as much raw damage, multishot, and status mods as possible, and brute force through and hope for the best :P

My point was that it's viable. With enough disposition, you can take low crit weapons and turn into crit weapons, and often get great results.

Archived