Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Warframe

(XBOX)Sir Sponks Alot

I've been thinking about this for a while (more than a year, but really got into the idea when Scarlet Spear dropped) and just wanted to shoot it out here and see what people think.

It's not too hard to imagine different sides in a war using each other's technology against them and that's the base idea for this, reverse engineering sentient technology for a warframe. For the base idea I took inspiration from angels and whatnot because that's kind of what sentients remind me of and a lot of abilities could be loosely tied to angelic retribution and powers.

Warframe Name: Enoch

Ability 1: Judgement; Fires a laser in an arc fashion (similar to void defense lasers just not as wide). The arc angle would increase with ability level (not affected by mods) and the speed of travel would be affected by casting speed.

Ability 2: Void Tear; Shoot tendrils of void energy at an enemy, attaching them to the mind/circuitry/brain and ripping out valuable knowledge. This would "tear" apart all immunities for sentients, stun/break shields for robotics, and maybe strip armor for armored enemies. Mod effects would be the norm.

Ability 3: Adaptive Resilience; 2 possibilities I came up with. 1.) Strips status on self and prevents application of them for a certain amount of time, maybe add armor or something, and being a duration based ability. Could be a conjunction of whatever you are effected by gets pulled into an algorithm that adds armor/positive status based on what what applied to you before casting. Or 2.) a drain ability where it essentially acts like the mod Adaptation and you gain immunities over time as they are applied to you (just like a sentient duh). In general I don't want something that just puts an immunity/external thing on you like Rhino or Nezha.

Ability 4: Radiant Eye; Engage a powerful pulsating light that scorches foes. This is like the power Conculysts (I think it's them?) use that blasts shields away but much more devastating. The ability wouldn't be a drain but an energy usage per pulse, continuously pulsing until stopped. The pulse frequency could be affected by casting speed.

In all, I think a lot about the sentient abilities and how in Tenno would try to counter them in the Lore and over the course of a war, showing the Tenno fighting back anyway they can. Casting speed being a big factor in warframes damage output is almost null so I think having damaging abilities based around that would be really unique in terms of builds instead of straight power. I've been thinking about drawing/conceptual ideas but haven't gotten around to it lol.

By all means share you thoughts on this, it has been eating away at me so I had to just post it.

Archived