Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do Solaris people reproduce?

VisionAndVoice

I imagine there's probably a few. 

They could reproduce using cloning. With all the tech the Corpus have, it'd be a relative cinch to cut out half of the DNA from one person and half from another, then mix them together to create a new creature that's biologically the child of the original.

Others may have gotten their gametes extracted prior to their conversion. And others still may have had children before they were Solaris.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Being in love doesn't mean they have to have children the old fashioned way. In fact, nothing says anyone has children the old fashioned way anymore. Unless it IS stated somewhere? I doubt it though.

It is, actually: 

“What about your corpus, don’t you miss them? Your father?” I say.

“Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.”

Granum's lore does seems to indicate this wasn't universally the case (which makes sense, no culture is monolithic), but there is a callout that, at least during the collapse (a period where tech was much lower than it is even in modern Warframe) that they reproduced 'differently'. It's not an explicit confirmation, for obvious reasons, but the subtext would certainly indicate the father is referring to making his son the 'old fashioned way'.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Butterfly85:

"When a mommy Solaris and a daddy Solaris love each other very much ..."

I wanted to write literally the same...

Second choice would be something butt-related. I'll leave the rest to anyone's imagination. Don't blame me for your own thoughts now.

I'd say surrogacy based on the conversations of Deadlock Protocol.

Based on the capitalist nature of the Corpus, for reproduction purposes, I would guess that they potentially buy children as a sort of service. Sort of a "submit your and your partner's genetic material and we will send you a matured child based on that material. Only $1 million credits! No refunds!"

I just want to point out that, thematically, Solarans are not Corpus. Seems like they have different family trees, even if they are the same species. Solarans are a worker/slave caste, average Corpus seem to be worker/military caste (according to Nora's crimescene lore). 

that GIF tho? lol! :crylaugh:

On 1/19/2021 at 7:16 AM, Loza03 said:

It is, actually: 

Granum's lore does seems to indicate this wasn't universally the case (which makes sense, no culture is monolithic), but there is a callout that, at least during the collapse (a period where tech was much lower than it is even in modern Warframe) that they reproduced 'differently'. It's not an explicit confirmation, for obvious reasons, but the subtext would certainly indicate the father is referring to making his son the 'old fashioned way'.

I'm not sure about that. Parents also refers to the people who raise young, not just the ones who provide the gametes. 

The Simaris lore quote could be referring to being raised in a sort of communal crèche, that would make sense of "not having parents like you do", while also making sense of the word "corpus" as "collection/congregation". 

Children raised in such a way wouldn't have a "father/mother/family" per se, but rather, they might see those roles being occupied by the "corpus". As I recall the quote seemed to suggest that there were small groups on the ships, so small that there were few children of similar ages for the child working on the Moa to interact with.  In that case, the biological parents may have had to raise their child, and the child could understand the concept of the "corpus" differently than their parents would have. 

On 2021-01-19 at 3:16 AM, Loza03 said:

Granum's lore does seems to indicate this wasn't universally the case (which makes sense, no culture is monolithic)

The Entrati family also seems to have ignored this convention (or, most likely, DE did). Not just the nuclear family, but Albrecht was Gomaitru's father and he in turn had a mother. As well as Grandmother being Vilcor's mother.

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

The Entrati family also seems to have ignored this convention (or, most likely, DE did). Not just the nuclear family, but Albrecht was Gomaitru's father and he in turn had a mother. As well as Grandmother being Vilcor's mother.

But they were also relegated to Deimos, we don't know how long that situation existed, or whether it predated the collapse of the Orokin. The fact that so many of them survived the Tenno, may suggest that they were not a part of regular Orokin society, and not on our list of targets. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Kraethius said:

I always figured they themselves do not have children; the kids inherit their parents' debt and are brought in offworld. They're surrogate or foster parents.

Pretty sure I heard some in a relay talking about a plan to get their child a position that would allow them to pay off the family debts in time. Can't remember the details.

4 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

But they were also relegated to Deimos, we don't know how long that situation existed, or whether it predated the collapse of the Orokin. The fact that so many of them survived the Tenno, may suggest that they were not a part of regular Orokin society, and not on our list of targets. 🤷‍♂️

It is implied that Albrecht and his family never regained prominence in Orokin society (which is weird as hell because all of Orokin civilisation rested on Albrecht's work), but Albrecht was wealthy before his experiments with the Void (and likely not on Deimos yet). And, as I said, Albrecht himself had a mother.

21 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

It is implied that Albrecht and his family never regained prominence in Orokin society (which is weird as hell because all of Orokin civilisation rested on Albrecht's work), but Albrecht was wealthy before his experiments with the Void (and likely not on Deimos yet). And, as I said, Albrecht himself had a mother.

Why is it unlikely that he was on Deimos prior to starting the experiments on the void? Honest question.

The way I see it, a lot of wealthy eccentric families exist today, there have even been a few on my small slice of the world. Some of them are pretty reclusive by choice, while others by the society around them. Here are a few examples from my neck of the world. 1 2 3 4 

For all we know having that sort of family bonding might be viewed by the Orokin of that era as an cultural faux pas, worthy of shunning the entire clan. (I mean having twins was considered horrific, right?) 🤷‍♂️    

3 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Why is it unlikely that he was on Deimos prior to starting the experiments on the void? Honest question.

When you reach rank Family with the Entrati, Kermerros (Son) says that Kaelli (Daughter) stowed away when the family went to Deimos:

Kermerros: "Kaelli wasn't even meant to be here. She stowed away, not wanting to be left out of the adventure. Somehow still as sweet as ever, she is my greatest sorrow. My parents' too, I know."

This means that, prior to this, the Entrati family did not live on Deimos. We know that Albrecht left before Gomaitru, his daughter, met her husband and started a family, so that means that the Entrati moved to Deimos after Albrecht left.

Vilcor: "When I met her, Mother, she was as brilliant as she was broken. Chasing her father's ghost, convinced he was still 'out there'."

Ergo, Albrecht and his lab were probably not on Deimos.

Of course, the Heart is on Deimos, and there is a section of the Cambion Drift named Albrecht's Prospect. My assumption is that the Entrati took the Heart with them when they moved. Albrecht's Prospect is possibly named after him posthumously, but another possibility is that Albrecht did in fact spend some time on Deimos, perhaps as a vacation spot or secondary research site, which would explain why his family moved there after he left/died. We are still left with the deduction that the Entrati family lived somewhere else at one point and then moved to Deimos.

Archived