Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

small rant about ambulas sorties...

cha0sWyrM

i know....no ones forcing us to do these...still.

can we please....PLEASE, for the love of all things good in the universe remove the ambulas mission from sorties?

its every week...every. stinking. week.

the mission is far too long...far too slow, its buggy, and people keep quitting in the middle (because its too long and bugs out), which in turn causes a host migration...which in turn again...breaks the mission. im so sick of playing it for 15 mins just to fail at the the end because the host quit.

its a terrible mission...why do we have to do it so often?...or at all?

1 minute ago, cha0sWyrM said:

can we please....PLEASE, for the love of all things good in the universe remove the ambulas mission from sorties?

the mission is far too long...far too slow, its buggy, and people keep quitting in the middle (because its too long and bugs out), which in turn causes a host migration...which in turn again...breaks the mission. im so sick of playing it for 15 mins just to fail at the the end because the host quit.

How about just reducing number of ambulas hacked and captured from 6 to 4?

I would be more than fine with that change

11 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

Agree ! This fight is one of the worst things in warframe.

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Don't like it don't do it.

I never had any issues with that Sortie anyways. It's either bad luck or just plain bad planning if your squad can't finish the mission.

thanks for your helpful input.

its bad planning that it bugs out and/or people drop?

last time i checked planning isnt a factor in either of those things....but ok.

11 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

How about just reducing number of ambulas hacked and captured from 6 to 4?

I would be more than fine with that change

that would help sure...but still.....why does this mission come up every single week? theres an entire star chart of things to do...can we give this one a rest for a bit?

I very much doubt people quit because of bugs and how long it is.

Because if they quit because of how long it is... they will have to do it again, using even more time. How contradictory is that? And the Ambulas mission having bugs? The only bug I've seen in over 6 months was when we couldnt damage an Ambulas, but that was when it was going to be an extra, the disabled one was already going to give us victory.

The sole reason I see people quit is because they notice that they wont be able to do it and instead of continuing a mission that is granted to fail, they abort.

Do the mission as if you are going Solo and bring the Warframe best suited for Ambulas. Titania is of them them. So is Nyx.

1 minute ago, cha0sWyrM said:

its bad planning that it bugs out and/or people quit?

People quitting isn't an Ambulas fight problem it's on the people that quit, if someone truly hates this fight skip it.

If you encountered a bug report it, I personally never encountered bugs on that fight.

I'm not a fan of the fight since it's too long for a boss, making the boss fight drag with a forced timer isn't enjoyable that's and my only problem with it

Just now, cha0sWyrM said:

its bad planning that it bugs out and/or people quit?

If people quit before the mission ends that's probably because the squad is doing something wrong.

As I said I never had any problems like these with Ambulas. And I was around for pretty long time. I failed maybe twice and that's because we had ppl who didn't seem to know what to do or were just unprepared.

The fight isn't buggy at all. It's there for people to actually maybe learn something or get some experience. 

Ambulas sorties gave me the incentive to:

Learn how to hack better.

Learn how to use elements based on faction/enemy type.

Learn the mechanics of the fight.

Learn how to use frame buffs and debuffs to make the fight easier.

You have people quitting because they're inexperienced and can't do the above mentioned things and they rage quit.

6 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

that would help sure...but still.....why does this mission come up every single week? theres an entire star chart of things to do...can we give this one a rest for a bit?

I would say its kinda noob filter
I would ask 3 other questions

1 - ONCE just ONCE in my entire daily sortie life there was kuva fortress defense with energy reduction
Where is that? Why we dont have it anymore?

2 - Why we have vay hek on sortie but no jordas golem?

3 - We we have something like defection but no salvage?

In short of it Sorties are not fair they are just time-waster for us to get Anasas or kuva ;)

2 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i dont need help with the mission. its easy enough to solo if i wanted to.

my main issue isnt with the mission itself (though it is a poorly designed mission), my issue is with the frequency it shows up in sorties.

Dont worry ppl here wont care what is ur main issue and will just come here giving u advices you didnt ask for :)
But in same fashion we could ask why we have so many neo relics and not so many neo fissures all the time
Seems that the way warframe is and we just need to accept it unless more ppl will ask for change but so many of us dont give a F*** its not likely to happen

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The fight isn't buggy at all. It's there for people to actually maybe learn something or get some experience. 

Ambulas sorties gave me the incentive to:

Learn how to hack better.

Learn how to use elements based on faction/enemy type.

Learn the mechanics of the fight.

Learn how to use frame buffs and debuffs to make the fight easier.

You have people quitting because they're inexperienced and can't do the above mentioned things and they rage quit.

the fight is buggy when it bugs out.

i dont need help with hacking or anything. im not new...its not a difficult mission...its simply a bad mission that isnt fun to play.

its simply too long and...again...its buggy. you can say its not buggy all day...that doesnt change the fact that i have personally seen it bug out...a lot. in fact the reason i posted this is because it had just bugged out....again.

4 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

the fight is buggy when it bugs out.

i dont need help with hacking or anything. im not new...its not a difficult mission...its simply a bad mission that isnt fun to play.

its simply too long and...again...its buggy. you can say its not buggy all day...that doesnt change the fact that i have personally seen it bug out...a lot. in fact the reason i posted this is because it had just bugged out....again.

So much for PC being better gaming rigs lol. 

It's ok it's your opinion. I personally think it's a fun fight and look forward to it. 

Yeah, the one today was tough. At least me and my pal got a melee riven out of it.

I just either use Hyldrin or Nova for that sortie, but I do admit it can get really tough unless you have Steel Path level gear. Zenurik's temporal blast + Nova to lockdown those things and then proceed to play it as if it were mobile defense. 

Personally, I'd much rather them remove certain disruption missions, since even with a meta frame they are near impossible to beat at high enough levels. One lvl 100 shield enhancement Corpus Lua one comes to mind. 

I think "bugs" are way too often an excuse to rant on the forums. The mission came up pretty often lately and I never encountered any gamebreaking bugs.

But yes, the mission comes up too often. Iirc it came up in steel path dailies a lot, too, with the added "bonus" that Acolytes seem to be unable to spawn in that mission.

If you have Revenant, he makes this particular mission a lot easier solo. And when you're solo, you only need to capture 4 Ambulas. Enthrall to CC all background units (and draw Condor Dropship fire) and guard the hacked Ambulas while everyone is distracted (note that Enthralled units will occasionally still try to repair the Ambulas).

I'm not saying you should stand in Corpus Capital Ship fire... but you can with Mesmer Skin.

Caveat: On the last Hacked Ambulas delivery, the security team are Comba/Scrambus... there's an obscure bug where if the Comba/Scrambus cast a particular nullification, any enemy under the effect of an ability (e.g. Enthrall, Ensnare, etc...) becomes permanently immune to ALL Warframe powers. And this is particularly deadly to Revenant. You should prioritize killing the Comba/Scrambus if you use Revenant! You will die if you don't!

Archived