Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star, Scarlet Spear, and Orphix Venom -- What do you like and dislike?

LegendaryNeurotoxin

So at the culmination of the third event to use the Kripath loot pool as Plague Star, I'd like to get a discussion going on the comparisons of these, and what we may hope to see for the next event along these lines. Here's my take on them, and what I hope to see next:

Plague Star
This event changes the face of Cetus to accommodate the temporary objective, which can make for quite a nuisance for doing general open-world stuff, but the openness and simplicity also makes for extremely easy farming. This also has one of my favorite lines in all of Warframe, which you'll hear at about the 30 second mark when diving into the first cave. There's two objectives that are enhanced with Eidolon Catalysts and Phylaxis, which are used in the Thrax toxin mixer by deploying them from your gear wheel, and will enhance the difficulty and add hemacyte appearances (who doesn't appear when only Phylaxis are used. One player can fill in all 4 of both, even solo, which is a neat feature. For competitive clans, hemocyte kills are important for getting the event statue, but little else. This leaves players free to skip the Catalysts and just dump 4 phylaxes, and if they're solo then the kill requirement in the end phase has 25% the number of targets and goes even faster than doing the quest with a crew. I wanna say a player could earn an average of 1 forma every 4 minutes of efficient gameplay, and those payouts build up fast for anyone seeking other event components, and the quick turnaround means less room for bugs and breakage to take away the earnings of your session. The downside, and this is a huge one, is that the ARCANE market is not offered for Plague Star, so if you aren't looking to walk away with a wheelbarrow full of Forma or Exodia zaw arcanes to flip later, it isn't the best event to farm. 

Scarlet Spear
This is a Sentient and Grineer event taking place in space and on Earth, and is the first operation to attempt a method where players in two separate mission modalities simultaneously affect one another. Both the ground crew and the space crew have to sort out hordes of sentient foes, and are encouraged to go as far and hard as they can every time for either type. Along with the normal score earned, additional score would be earned based on participation within the timer of a hub instance, and was worthwhile to overall earnings. The ability to earn a pile of intrinsics for the event, and the ability to take on sentients in a concentrated and coordinated mission, made it a fun and meaningful mission to grind, and the grind rewards including arcanes made the event far more worthwhile overall than Plague Star, as well as offering Ceti Lacera, Basmu, and Stance Forma as rewards. That said, this was nor really a mission for soloing, and soloing did nothing to speed up or enhance earnings like the Plague Star solo farm, so it was mostly about getting into the mix and staying for the long haul each time. Since players use their normal armament in ground combat, there's no funky barrier to access that limits team capabilities like the need for your own modded mech to be remotely useful in Orphix Venom Endurance, and getting the mods and intrinsics to trivialize the railjack component didn't take long when riding with the already-experienced pilots that would tend to host. 

Orphix Venom
This event is a Sentient-featured event with Grineer and Corpus in the crossfire, and utilized the novel mechanic of bringing Necramechs into an interior mission. Rewards are mostly in line with those of Scarlet Spear, but containing the rollout of Lavos, Cedo, and Necramech mods, all of which can be earned from playing the event and not buying them from the vendor. The novel mechanic was somewhat of the thing that detracted from the event, rather than enhancing it, as many players still hadn't gotten or build up their Necramechs, leaving the only viable work to be done by players who built up their mechs for the event. Unfortunately the novel mechanic caused it to be rife with bugs, everything from the freebie mechs breaking use of player-owned ones, to a variety of problems with retaining affinity from the event, to an event target that was hidden in a locked room and essentially required a fluctus to terminate or the team was guaranteed to lose. To make it worse, mech survivability would become very suspect after round 24, causing many groups to lose members around that point as they'd feel too overwhelmed or got the B/C loot rotation they were seeking. Due to the low reward scaling and players being limited without a maxed-out mech that they also know how to use effectively, many groups seemed to leave after round 12, which would make it frustrating for players that can solo into the higher rounds and wanted to squad up to get a bit of assistance. The mission rotation itself was also somewhat of a problem, often preferring a BCAACB rotation instead of ABCCBA, which would force players to go clear across the map once per loot rotation, causing inattentive teams to lose purely on timing and having a second Orphix show up. I found that even getting to the point early and making squad waypoints along the way did little to get them facing the right direction, and often found myself bringing late-mission Orphix to 50% before the rest of the crew would even show up. All the bugs, the novel mechanic, the tendency for players to be confused about the next objective point, and the requirement for a player to own and heavily mod their own mech to be a viable team member for late endurance runs, made this magnitudes more frustrating than Scarlet Spear and Plague Star, and I found it difficult to find the motivation to run it more than once or twice in a session before boredom and frustration would take over. I'm glad I maxed out my mechs, but since Fluctus and either exalted weapon were the best choice for the mission, I didn't get a chance to use any other arch weapons. Where Plague Star Farm was all about the solo game, and Scarlet Spear was all about the group effort, Orphix Venom really seems like it was optional, where solo would at least let you pause, and guarantee no harmful host transfer effects, but group would let players get carried until they were beefy enough to carry others.

I hope the next event is Infested vs Sentients. Without spoiling any lore, I have a feeling that there's a reason we don't see sentients taking them on, and I don't believe it is for a lack of tactical targets. Maybe a faction's worth of infested cephalons? Maybe a hidden, secret weapon, like juggernauts with hurty bits that hit with rainbow all-damage-types strikes, which player have to fight while fighting the sentient threats?

My most hated thing about Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom is the pacing. I hate Endurance Runs with a passion. I can’t do Endurance Runs without feeling bored to death or feeling sleepy. 20 Minutes or less is all I can endure.

Warframe’s longest mission type should last 20 minutes, but these 2 events forced me to go more than that if I want ro be efficient.

Main thing I dislike about all three is that they're basically the exact same mission every run. Plague Star is the worst as it features fighting multiple identical bosses every run, but Orphix Venom also makes you feel like you're missing out if you don't devote 35-45 minutes to a complete run every time. They could definitely benefit from random modifiers on each run or something, maybe a chance for different mini-bosses to spawn, or different challenging sub-objectives.

Scarlet Spear was the least problematic of the 3 IMO, because Sentients are varied and sometimes you have to actually think about how to kill them, but on the other hand it feels like a waste to have the Railjack missions amount to flying to a point and then doing a standard ground mission, instead of actually using the Railjack for Railjack things. Railjack is currently in a good enough balance position for that option to be viable now. 

I liked Plague Star. I enjoy the bounty loop personally. I enjoy optimizing it, and I like Forma.

I actually liked Scarlet Spear once I optimized it. The Arcanes were too accessible though in my opinion. Buying 61 sets of Legendary Arcanes didn't feel right.

Orphix Venom should never return :). The mission became a tileset rolling simulator. The mission had little depth to optimize, and Necramech gameplay is just poor at best.

The only thing i liked about OV was the fact there was a reason to play with other players. I don't like mechs and wasn't a fan of the OV mission as a whole, searching for decent tiles was just annoying but, I liked the coordination and communication with other players. An organized squad that understood the mechanics of the event and could communicate could do very well. The collaboration, theory crafting, and testing with other players was something I didn't realize I missed until I was in discord every day with a group of 3 other people discussing what we did wrong and how we could improve. Most of the time WF feels like a solo game and you just happen to be playing with other people but OV was different.

It was always a cool when we figured out a new trick to increase our score. Like the first time someone suggested that we should try having one person could go solo clear an orphix while the rest of us camped the good room killing more sentients. Or when we figured out how to end every run on a good tile for wave 35 and 36. Just increasing our personal best score by a little bit was an achievement and we all made it happen. 

Once we figured out what to do it became rolling tiles and deciding if we want to push score or just farm. We chose farming because aborting for an hour straight got old quick. The event lost it's appeal fairly quick and just became an endless farm.

Scarlet Spear was really just mesa heavy arcane/intrinsic farm. Good for making plat but incredibly boring.

Plague star was just forma to me. I'm not really a fan of bounties but I do love me some forma. 

Plague Star is the worst of them all. The event is purely designed to waste your time without having anything remotely rewarding in it for doing so. The stages prior to Discount Lephantis are a massive waste of time and nothing more. Discount Lephantis is an utterly unfun bullet sponge. No amount of forma is worth the boredom of playing a single round of this horrendous thing. I hope they never bring it back, but I know that hope is in vain.

I liked Scarlet Spear. Even though I Limboed all the way, it was still a fun event that engaged me. The Aerolyst made me hate it (in a good way) and any slip or lapse in focus was punishing. Overall, I had a lot of fun doing Ground Assault. Probably could have done the Railjack bits solo too, but I couldn't be asked, I enjoyed Ground Assault too much. Overall thumbs up and please return.

Orphix Venom... Ehhh... It's bad. In all honesty, it's a walking simulator, but you walk like you have cement on your feet. If it weren't for the arbitrary disabling of Warframes (in a game called WARFRAME!), the event would have been a walk in the park for my Mirage. It still is a walk in the park, even with the Voidrig. But I hope it doesn't return until DE learns to smooth out the edges on their hitboxes, cause getting stuck on random pixels while /dashing/sliding/headbutting/whatever they wanna call it, is the most infuriating thing of this operation besides the random one-shots out of nowhere, those are so much fun, especially with the cooldown that follows. Oh and waiting... the amount of times I just sat around doing nothing (especially on the Grineer tileset) was horrendous, further exemplifying why this is a bad operation. I'll still take if over Plague Star, which should feel free to burn in hell and never return.

For me the problem was not about bug or boring, but was about the reward sold by vendor. 

If Plague star give you forma, so also if you have taken everything else you have something to do there, in this last event there was absolutely nothing to do for me. Once you have finish Lavos and the weapons (and we are talking about 4 or max 5 "36-run") doing more point is complete useless. Since a veteran player already have all the arcanes, the only thing you are forced to do is buy more arcanes, and sold them wich is really a boring process.

If i should say mine about the next event, will be be this: Put something everytime-useful to the vendor, like Forma (but i doubt we'll see again a forma in a even), something like endo, kuva or relic pack  

Just now, MollAgdeduba said:

For me the problem was not about bug or boring, but was about the reward sold by vendor. 

If Plague star give you forma, so also if you have taken everything else you have something to do there, in this last event there was absolutely nothing to do for me. Once you have finish Lavos and the weapons (and we are talking about 4 or max 5 "36-run") doing more point is complete useless. Since a veteran player already have all the arcanes, the only thing you are forced to do is buy more arcanes, and sold them wich is really a boring process.

If i should say mine about the next event, will be be this: Put something everytime-useful to the vendor, like Forma (but i doubt we'll see again a forma in a event... i also think they will find a way to remove forma from plague star or complete remove plague star from the game), something like endo, kuva or relic pack  

Stance Forma should be built and not crafted. This would make it a meaningful reward from a vendor for the very high end player as an option. It isn't the only thing that should address this issue, but it is one idea I have voiced since Scarlet Spear added it. I agree though. Rewards should be perpetually used items like Forma, Kuva bundles, etc.

47 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

I hope the next event is Infested vs Sentients. Without spoiling any lore, I have a feeling that there's a reason we don't see sentients taking them on,

probably because if you've ever read the description for the Eidolon Phylaxis used in Plague Star, you'd know it says Sentients are immune to the infestation: meaning that even if we could get the infested to fight alongside us -which we can't - they wouldn't be able to do jack squat to the Sentients anyhow, and I doubt the Sentients consider them a threat either.

Plague Star was ok, m biggest gripe is that they couldn't come up with a better boss than a poorly reskinned Lephantis. they had the chance and the space to make us fight something incredibly large and terrifying, and it didn't happen. Plague Zaws and Pre-nerf Exodia Contagion made it worthwhile though.

Scarlet Spear was actually one of my favourite events, since it actually made me feel like part of a vast effort to deal with an intergalactic menace; it wasn't the Old War itself, just a skirmish, but it sure felt like it. both mission types were fun, the downside is that the pay wasn't equal. got all my rare arcanes maxed from that event and a few other goodies, and I enjoyed fighting the higher level sentients towards the end of a ground run.

I'm hoping that Orphix venom will be this week for consoles, my Mechs and Archguns are ready to bring the pain to some Tau twig bois. gonna grind Phasic cells until my Arquebex barrels melt!

About Scarlet Spear:
I loved the part where to reach our goal we have to join forces with another team. It made feel the game cooperative at it's finest.

I really hope Scarlet Spera comes back soon justg for this.

And also I hope that more missions like that will follow, for me it was the highest moment for warframe.

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I liked Plague Star. I enjoy the bounty loop personally. I enjoy optimizing it, and I like Forma.

I actually liked Scarlet Spear once I optimized it. The Arcanes were too accessible though in my opinion. Buying 61 sets of Legendary Arcanes didn't feel right.

Orphix Venom should never return :). The mission became a tileset rolling simulator. The mission had little depth to optimize, and Necramech gameplay is just poor at best.

I can't really say otherwise.

I think many players think about these events in the same way.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

probably because if you've ever read the description for the Eidolon Phylaxis used in Plague Star, you'd know it says Sentients are immune to the infestation: meaning that even if we could get the infested to fight alongside us -which we can't - they wouldn't be able to do jack squat to the Sentients anyhow, and I doubt the Sentients consider them a threat either.

They are immune to the infestation's infection perhaps, but claws and teeth and glandular fluids should still harm them. Otherwise, shouldn't Infested weapons used by Tenno harmlessly bounce off sentient foes?

I found SS to be better. Main thing I would have changed in regards to ground missions at least would've been to reduce to time wasted between Condrix, a good chunk of the mission is spent just waiting on despawns and spawns. One universal oplink in regards to just pugging would be nice too, it's pretty silly to require all 4 be placed down to make it quicker, because for the Murex runs there was frequently 1-2 people straight up afk unless you just solo or premade.

I also agree on just making the melee forma a built one, one of the issues with it is the fact it's a very niche usage, and it's weird they were fine with rewarding the general forma as fully built before, but then melee forma wasn't. There also should be other items that are used a lot, and possibly even items that can be bought 1x per week throughout the event's duration.

Plague is dull, and the only thing most people like about it was the forma reward, but slap that was a reward to even the worse event imaginable and people would still say it's good as they're just focused on the reward.

OV wasn't as interesting as SS, and it honestly just felt like a slower feeling ground SS mission with forced necramech usage for the sake of rewarding people for investing in them. Which was odd, given not even Murex missions during SS required Railjack really, it was pretty much an interactive loading screen.

Plague Star: Uninspired through and through. It's really just reusing existing bounty objectives finishing off with a reused boss you fight up to four times. It's also, in my experience, the most abused event for leeching due to how applying toxins work. It seems a lot of players are fine with sabotaging a run just so they don't need to use their own toxins.

Really it needs the repetition toned down a lot, have the drone stage scrapped entirely, and get its own unique boss already. As is it really has no redeeming qualities.

Scarlet Spear: Technical issues aside it was interesting in concept but failed on half of its execution. The primary issue being that as the first Railjack event it went and used them as literal tow trucks/taxi cabs and nothing more which was indescribably disappointing. Beyond that the mobile defense gameplay of it on both sides was just alright being mostly propped up by getting to fight a lot of Sentients for once.

I'd love if the Railjack portion was made co-op only and required the squad to split up to defend both the Railjack and the Op-links simultaneously. Too repetitive (and disappointing) to be fun but is incredibly rewarding for the time invested.

Orphix Venom: Fine but would be better as a gamemode than a returning event. Being literally a repurposed survival mission that forces mech usage it was different but, imo, not different enough as a stand alone event. And the charm if it will likely fall off if/when mechs get added to normal missions.

Needs something else to warrant making it reoccurring, otherwise it should just be a new mission node. Was fun but just for the mech gameplay, rewards were good but repetitive for arcanes.

I didn't play the other two events but with Orphix Venom I have really mixed feelings..

The good was the balance! I actually felt like I had to respond and move to not fall behind, defend myself and be mindful of watching for energy leech units, nullifier bubbles and timing skills, having a plan and a build to make it through. It scaled up to the point near the end where you needed to keep an eye on Battalysts and hp remaining on Storm Shield and actually felt a little bit engaging. It wasn't really that hard by the end but it still had a "you'll fail if you don't try" feeling. This in contrast to most of the game where almost anything you do is a joke by the time you have some decent gear felt really good. The Necramechs felt like they were actually set up at an appropriate level to the game mode in contrast to the power level of a lot of Warframe weapons and abilities that defeats the enjoyment of playing the game..

The rewards were also really nice because they let me target some desirable Arcanes without RNG, dealing with trying to enter Eidolons as a newer player with groups pushing you out and it felt good.

The bad was the Necramech itself.. They're really kludgey and awkwardly slide bounce around slamming their heads through every ceiling and doorway, get stuck on everything, the mechs are aesthetically unappealing and the gameplay is really shallow. I feel like it.. Could be improved on a lot if they wanted to keep working on making them work better inside of small mission areas but they do feel sort of bad right now.

Voidrig's Necraweb is awkward to use and the shoot to explode mechanic is anti synergistic..

Storm Shield is functional ^^;

Gravemines are really useless. They don't do anything extra and you can just pop guard mode and spin your mouse around to do about 150x the damage for less energy cost..

Guard Mode is broken, it feels like it's maybe this powerful just for the Orphix itself but in terms of how it will interact with content outside of this game mode I feel like it will literally break most of, if not everything, in terms of engagement. You can already see that in action on Deimos itself, it just literally changes the Necramech battles from a big boss into an absolute nothing.. Having that in a game where power creep is already insane is actually really a turn off, not a selling point.

Voidrig's gameplay is:

Shoot gun, apply shield, shoot big gun.

2/4 skills don't work very well and it feels sort of flat to play.

I really appreciate that they tried something new and I also feel like that in the context of an isolated mission, it worked well enough to be enjoyable.

My personal opinion on putting Necramechs into normal missions after experiencing the event though is:

I think it would be fine if they had something like their own game mode.. But I don't think into regular missions would be healthy for the game.

• Plague Star. Built Forma is the best reward in the game, even better than Umbra or Arcanes. I still have loadouts on several WF optimized to run it. It's only minor drawback is completion is too dependent on the squad you are in. I think I averaged 120+ formas hoarded every time it was out.
  • Scarlet Spear. The Arcane farm player appeal is understandable, but it came when I already had too few Arcane sets to finish and no plans to sell them too. Personally, its game play is probably the most ill conceived mode I ever played highlighted by the RJ towing service and Sentient space missions that ended favoring so few WF to spam boring runs with. It becoming the overhyped monstrosity touted as "Op-Link" that never was, did not help too. 
  • Orphix Venom. I participated in this Necramech test event practically due to the huge XP buff. Father's token system was helpful that I barely ran it after I got everything and hit 36 kills a few times. Even the Leaderboards did not pull me in knowing it is destined to have loopholes patched over with scores just being wiped off if done inappropriately. Being restricted to two Necramechs is not exactly engaging made worse by a few tiles to keep spamming endurance runs with. So It served its purpose, but definitely lacked variety to keep me entertained. Oddly enough, I still find it more enjoyable than SS.

They all have aspects that i like and dislike,

The events gameplay:

According to me only the plague star felt like an event , the other two felt like last second decision to test tilesets and mechanics.

but between them Orphix venom i enjoyed more cause there were fewer cheese tactics and counter measures by devs over time - its really not fun just waiting for S#&$ to happen in a bubble (scarlet spear) that then gets changed or just playing the same old bounties over and over with unnecessary traversal to increase the length (plague star).

Bugs:

The bugs in PS and SS can really take the fun out of it at times, the bugs in OV were manageable cause the biggest originators of bugs were not existent (warframes),

Entry conditions:

The very high dependence on external parties and Railjack quality made SS need a certain entry point co ordination and competency of at least one person to even complete so it was not for everyone and could leave a taste of "i exist only to be carried" - especially for a pub match.

OV has moderate dependence and needs an "optimum" build only if you are trying for endurance , the first two instances can be managed with rent a mechs and even those that are just operators can add value so all players could play it up to an extent without feeling like they are just being carried.

PS was pub friendly (relatively) as its mostly regular play in open worlds with little to no "add on " mechanics needed to complete, so anyone with some competence in the game could do it which was nice.

Rewards:

PS probably had the best rewards at the time that justified the grind (built forma and powerful weapons).

SS was ok cause arcanes were easier to acquire with certainty (relatively) and the weapons are still good (but you can get the same weapons from OV) other stuff was crap,

OV is ok only cause of the arcanes, the rewards felt ... lacking for an actual event and now most of the stuff is moving to regular shops, i now feel it was only a test so i am a little sad about it.

I liked Scarlet Spear. I didn't like Plague Star or Orphix Venom.

• Scarlet Spear vs Plague Star: Enemies are tougher and more interesting in Scarlet Spear... the infested in Plague Star are NOT tough or interesting.
  • Scarlet Spear vs Orphix Venom: Many different types of Warframes can actively participate in Scarlet Spear... only 2 Necramechs can participate in Orphix Venom.

Scarlet Spear was far more rewarding than Orphix Venom. Scarlet Spear was also novel and experimented with a kind of linked play between Railjack and ground missions.

Scarlet Spear is just a better event hands down.

Now Plague Star could be improved with Deimos Infested units. I mean those infested units are tougher, more dangerous and more interesting!

Orphix Venom could be improved with the introduction of about 40 more Necramechs with a variety of abilities that could be useful for the event. Otherwise, it's extremely boring! I tried to use Excalibur Umbra's passive... I mean, it kinda worked! But Excalibur Umbra spent most of his time kneeling at the edge...

Players have grinded decent frames and setups for long time. OV tells me 'no, use necramechs'. They feel slow, underpowered and have boring abilities. (Not to mention that energy is empty all the time.)  So I did few tries and didn't participate. 

i'm a new player who haven't been around on two previous events.

which put me on a great position to comment about OV. because i'm not biased and can't compare it to anything else.

first of all, i agree with the majority of that this guy said:

4 hours ago, Grey_Days said:

I didn't play the other two events but with Orphix Venom I have really mixed feelings..

The good was the balance! I actually felt like I had to respond and move to not fall behind, defend myself and be mindful of watching for energy leech units, nullifier bubbles and timing skills, having a plan and a build to make it through. It scaled up to the point near the end where you needed to keep an eye on Battalysts and hp remaining on Storm Shield and actually felt a little bit engaging. It wasn't really that hard by the end but it still had a "you'll fail if you don't try" feeling. This in contrast to most of the game where almost anything you do is a joke by the time you have some decent gear felt really good. The Necramechs felt like they were actually set up at an appropriate level to the game mode in contrast to the power level of a lot of Warframe weapons and abilities that defeats the enjoyment of playing the game..

The rewards were also really nice because they let me target some desirable Arcanes without RNG, dealing with trying to enter Eidolons as a newer player with groups pushing you out and it felt good.

The bad was the Necramech itself.. They're really kludgey and awkwardly slide bounce around slamming their heads through every ceiling and doorway, get stuck on everything, the mechs are aesthetically unappealing and the gameplay is really shallow. I feel like it.. Could be improved on a lot if they wanted to keep working on making them work better inside of small mission areas but they do feel sort of bad right now.

Voidrig's Necraweb is awkward to use and the shoot to explode mechanic is anti synergistic..

Storm Shield is functional ^^;

Gravemines are really useless. They don't do anything extra and you can just pop guard mode and spin your mouse around to do about 150x the damage for less energy cost..

Guard Mode is broken, it feels like it's maybe this powerful just for the Orphix itself but in terms of how it will interact with content outside of this game mode I feel like it will literally break most of, if not everything, in terms of engagement. You can already see that in action on Deimos itself, it just literally changes the Necramech battles from a big boss into an absolute nothing.. Having that in a game where power creep is already insane is actually really a turn off, not a selling point.

Voidrig's gameplay is:

Shoot gun, apply shield, shoot big gun.

2/4 skills don't work very well and it feels sort of flat to play.

I really appreciate that they tried something new and I also feel like that in the context of an isolated mission, it worked well enough to be enjoyable.

My personal opinion on putting Necramechs into normal missions after experiencing the event though is:

I think it would be fine if they had something like their own game mode.. But I don't think into regular missions would be healthy for the game.

what i really despise is the idea of stuffing necramechs into tight corridors. should've leave them for open world maps. what are they trying to achieve here? want us to break every bossfights in waframe with arquebex? i swear if they implemet necramechs to regular missions, warframe metas will be destroyed. why make khora when 4 noobs with basic voidrigs can sit in a hallway and shoot everything to dust? why make saryn, or gauss, when 4 noobs can fluctus everything 20 rooms away. veterans will be up in arms because they love warframes, rookies will defend necramechs because it instantly makes them stronger.
what's next. archwing on regular missions? no thanks, me and my modded-for-max-speed itzal will skip. we prefer to not hitting walls every 2 seconds.

the leechers was really bad. and the grind can be pretty boring at times. but i enjoyed it!
i got some pretty powerful arcanes, the massive amount of endo reward really helps, and finally i have something with over 5 formas in it: my voidrig. leveling it up multiple times doesn't feel to bad as well.

i hope they scrap the idea of stuffing huge mechs into small alleyways and burn it with fire so no one will ever find it again. but i'm excited for future events in warframe!

Il y a 9 heures, Gabbynaru a dit :

Plague Star is the worst of them all. The event is purely designed to waste your time without having anything remotely rewarding in it for doing so.

Soooo, one of the best melee weapons in the game (at the time at least) with arcanes to turn it into a broken grenade launcher and a huge amount of formas... not remotely rewarding ?

Good joke, good joke

Il y a 1 heure, Soy77 a dit :

i hope they scrap the idea of stuffing huge mechs into small alleyways and burn it with fire so no one will ever find it again. but i'm excited for future events in warframe!

The entire point of this event was to prepare the implementation of mechs everywhere, a hugely requested feature. Just need to nerf arquebex and it'll be sweet.

Plague Star:
liked the bossfight and the "free" forma
not much to dislike except when the drone got stuck in terrain

Scarlet Spear:
liked the ground mission, enemy scaling and the rewards acquisition
not much to dislike but they nerfed limbo and exodia+limbo because of it 

Orphix Venom:
liked the mech gameplay, new mech mods and ...that's about it
dislike almost everything else - way too high prices for the shop, longer missions then ss for less reward points, non original "bosses",  terrible point spawn(sometimes they were 500-1000 m appart or more)

Archived