Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2021, The Year of Recovery: Remaking Deimos

Joezone619

These are my own opinions below. Keep in mind I mean no disrespect of any kind, I'm simply trying to convey it, in a manner that resembles my view about it.

I think everything (or almost everything) from the deimos update and the deimos arcana update was a large misstep due to railjack's not so welcomed release, and massive let down to what we were expecting. I think that 2 years of developing railjack, mixed with how poorly it was received, Caused DE to work too hard, cut corners, skip steps, and not think things through. And that all led to the deimos we see now, mangled, messy, self-contradicting lore, and clearly not well thought out. It was strapped together in a hurry to try and satisfy players urgently.

The following are a few points I think NEED to be addressed about deimos.

A) Necramechs, why? They're "the second wave" against sentients... when the orokin only used us tenno with warframes, as a last resort? Necramechs don't need be re-thought, they need to be Re-moved. Corn robots don't look nice, they're lore doesn't make ANY sense, they're slow, big and awkward on small maps (which is most if not all of them except the free roams), Honestly, I think they simply shouldn't have happened.

B) Entrati family being orokin, just no. The fact that the orokin were this mysterious race that we made sure went extinct, is far better for mystery, which you cant have if, you know, THEY'RE RIGHT FREAKING THERE ON DEIMOS, shouldn't the tenno have gone after them as well? Furthermore, why is the system especially the corpus looking for "orokin secrets" when they can just ask the entrati, even if the entrati say no, im sure the entire corpus faction vs 1 small moon of a planet, not even big enough to round itself out, = boom.

C) Infested map? sure, Jungle-like maze where there almost no solid ground and everything is all twisted? no. I don't like the map design at all, the infested are supposed to be a mess, i get it, but in the case of large free roam areas, practicality, beats out concept here. Its not only 1/3rd the size of the plains at best, its supposed to make up for size, in the caves, of which you can count the tilesets on you 2 hands. 

And more, but i can rant about that all day, instead of doing that, I'm going to offer ways to redo these points I mentioned. Be a bit more CONstructive then DEstructive.

A) Buildable warframe's, not buildable something that kinda seems like warframes but not really. Xaku is where you can really take inspiration from the fans here, its a warframe made up of other broken warframes right? well, give us those parts, Keep Xaku, as an example, the default "reforged warframe" that you make with parts, but also have other parts you can mix and match like zaws or kitguns, have them made up of a helmet, torso, legs, and mainframe/wiring, with each piece holding 1 ability, or the wiring/mainframe holding the ability sets. hell you can even give them the helminth abilties, and have them make more sense that way (which side note, helminth, defiantly keep if you decide to remake deimos)

Compensation for necramechs: give each player with necramechs, an umbra forma, and/or legendary core per necramech owned, or possibly legendary core per mech, and umbra forma if that mech has 1-3+ forma on it.

B) No orokin race members as the faction leaders, instead, i actually got 2 ideas here, either a purely tenno settlement on what will be the remade deimos, or a place where tenno, grinner, and corpus alike, came together to build a shared outpost, on a planet, riddled with infested, who are enemy to all. Personally i'd like the ladder, it would tie in more with what ballis syas about how "what has their awakening brought, besides the destruction of potential allies", well now with the sentients on the horizon, and the infested still to deal with, maybe we all banded together, not to alliance, but to build a mutual understanding, that infested kill all, we all kill infested. But i beleive the former would be more viable lore-wise, as tenno are the only ones in the system left, who "MIGHT" know how to make new warframes.

Lore-wise explanation for why entrati disappear, along with deimos as we know it? Perhaps the man in the wall has been getting into our heads, or the properties of the void are unknown, and have caused some sort of mass hallucinations, or just flat out retcon it, don't be afraid to do so when its needed., and here, sad to say but its NEEDED.

C) Re-Making the Cambion drift map. For some pointers on where to take this remake, no "massive underground systems" for our eidolons, or or orb mothers of deimos. Make deimos, more like cetus, but with more foliage, and more of a forest, not necessarily a jungle, but more of "giant redwood forest" type thing, where there are massive tall infested trees, or trees with infested gunk on them, after all the infested, are an 'infestation' characterize that, they aren't called the abominations, or the abominable ones. Make the layout of the new deimos, more cut and dry, less messy where your waypoints fritz out half the time and don't even show. For stuff like the vaults, and those mouth things, don't make them inside caves, instead make those giant globs of black infested tent-like roofs, their own "infested building", that go downward, its not a cave, its not "like" a living thing, it IS a living creature.

In short, make the map less messy, easier to navigate, and make more sense with the environment.

summery:

Please, Please, remake deimos, even if not entirely, at least remake the necramechs being the kitguns/zaws of the area, and remake the map layout. Keep helminth, keep xaku, hell even keep the entrati voice lines, just change their models to be not orokin, even if they're a completely intelligent infested being, after all "arlo" was a seemingly intelligent infested entity, whatever you do though, don't keep that as orokin, it conflicts lore, doesn't make sense how the tenno would massacre ALL the orokin but leave this 1 entrati family.

Don't be afraid to retcon, remove and go 2 steps back, 4 steps forward. I honestly think deimos SHOULD be redone, but that doesn't mean you have to start from scratch, you already have the cambion drift map, and the plains map, just edit and work off it, You already have these unique infested on deimos, they don't need to go in the trash, keep them, and add them to the new deimos remake.

You have the entrati family voice lines already, just change their models. I think intelligent infested that used to be orokin once, or infested that drank kuva (or something similar), and woke up as to what they were, and that the infested on deimos needed to be dealt with, its a cool concept, but orokin that are kind of infested but not really?

To DE: I know you all work really hard, and your work is amazing, I know you don't like changing stuff THIS big, but please. See fit that deimos as it is currently, is not ok. Much of it doesn't make any sense, even to people who know the lore thoroughly. 2020 was a bad year, for all of us, lets make 2021, the year of recovery, Your already starting it off, by dealing with railjack for corpus queen pins, your already recovering railjack, even though queen pins aren't even out yet, a lot of railjack bugs are gone now. Make recovering deimos next. Like with the corpus ship maps, just because your redoing something, doesn't mean you need to start from the beginning again.

Archived