Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop putting up challenges for content you refuse to fix.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

The Exploiter fight gets buggier every single patch.  I joined a pub match, host lost connection (I know they didn't just leave, they were mid-flight when they dropped.) so we got a host migration.  Every single person that joined got separated upon entering Deck 12 other than one player that joined when I was temporarily host but hadn't loaded in until we were in Deck 12.  It loaded them in fine.

It also completely shut down my Gauss's Redline.  I could cast it but it wouldn't let the battery go over the line, it would immediately drain back down at high speed.  All of this happened before the Orb even descended into the first phase of the fight.  

You have to stop putting up challenges for broken content that you refuse to fix or update.  

K-Drives are buggy, unfinished trash.  The Exploiter fight barely functions.  Conservation is not only a tedious chore, it's also rife with bugs and balance issues.

Either fix and polish the content so that it's worth playing or stop trying to corral players into doing it.

EDIT:  Not that they'll see this, but to the MR 3 that I abandoned in the fight, it wasn't your MR.  It was the fact that none of my abilities worked that caused me to just leave.

Fortuna boss fights are laggy, but just putting out there that my lag and crashes lowered significantly after cleaning my Playstation. 

I opened it up and used canned air to blow out dust, including a ball of dust that was the size of a quarter. After that profit taker and exploiter were fine.

You should try to focus more on detailed feedback instead of ranting, though.

What exactly does "unfinished trash" mean? Besides just being a low effort insult....

What's the specific issue with conservation? Can you elaborate? It's not very tedious, as it's significantly less time than doing bounties and gives even more standing than bounties. So that's more of a "you" problem.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You should try to focus more on detailed feedback instead of ranting, though.

I'd love to see much more detailed feedback with one itty bitty small asterisk. IF DEVS ACTUALLY READ IT. (but they don't)

Ranting doesn't come just from thin air, you know. It's the product of frustration. Issues with exploiter/PT glitching out were numerous. I personally had only minor inconveniences, but I've heard plenty of frustrated comments in the mission.

Issue with exploiter is: it has too many steps which can glitch. Eidolons, for example, beyond activating the.. shrine.. are just big mobs - there's nothing that could go wrong. Exploiter on the other hand is scripted to hell with PLENTY of possibilities that something might slip out of loose script and cause some bug or other. PT is less buggy, but hardly if anyone actually bothers doing that spider. Not even because rewards are bad, but because PT fight is just flawed and full of frustrations.

K-drives are unfinished/forgotten content. There was huge craze about k-drives on fortuna relase but since that time they hardly been updated. They still bug out. They still aren't even in the same realm of usefulness as archwings (and they were supposed to).

Conservation is a slog of a minigame. You can easily lose tracks on certain terrain (in case of deimos "certain terrain" being whole fking deimos). Tranq rifle still needs some update. Just cause it beeps doesn't help me finding slowly blinking 2 pixels. But still, beyond adding basic deimos wildlife it's also pretty stale and unrefined content that adds more frustration than anything (unless you enjoy doing that). Don't believe me? Deimos son tokens. Rather than fixing wildlife (damn you birds), DE just threw their hands up in the air and said "pffft whatever, not gonna bother fixing it, son tokens discount lol".

The overall problem is: DE relases unfinished content. Then they try to bandaid it a bit and then they forget it existed,a s they are already in the process of relasing another unfinished content somewhere else. It's damn frustrating playing something with potential to steal hundreds of your hours while giving you fun, only to prickle you with obvious imperfections, shortcomings or impossible grindwalls to prolong something fun into most painful slog.

15 hours ago, deothor said:

I'd love to see much more detailed feedback with one itty bitty small asterisk. IF DEVS ACTUALLY READ IT. (but they don't)

What's funny here is that I have thread on thread on thread of both ranting and detailed feedback.  I have whole threads dedicated to exactly what I don't like about conservation, K-drives, various specific fights.  I have tons of posts in the bug forums.  I have threads and comments full of suggestions, including fleshed out starchart reworks.  

And sure, I have a lot of ranting.  I have enough posts with frustrations directed at DE, laying out exactly what I think their problem is and what they're doing wrong, that I've noticed moderators popping up in my recent profile views.  Like they're checking in on me to see if I've said anything they can hit me for.  The ranting is because this game has so much potential, and that potential and what I thought would eventually show up in the game caused me to invest a lot of time in it.  They tease what could be greatness in demos and dev streams and then release hollow grind after hollow grind instead and then act like they're not going to hear about it.

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

What's funny here is that I have thread on thread on thread of both ranting and detailed feedback.  I have whole threads dedicated to exactly what I don't like about conservation, K-drives, various specific fights.  I have tons of posts in the bug forums.  I have threads and comments full of suggestions, including fleshed out starchart reworks.  

And sure, I have a lot of ranting.  I have enough posts with frustrations directed at DE, laying out exactly what I think their problem is and what they're doing wrong, that I've noticed moderators popping up in my recent profile views.  Like they're checking in on me to see if I've said anything they can hit me for.  The ranting is because this game has so much potential, and that potential and what I thought would eventually show up in the game caused me to invest a lot of time in it.  They tease what could be greatness in demos and dev streams and then release hollow grind after hollow grind instead and then act like they're not going to hear about it.

Just about the entire Warframe forum, reddit, youtuber, emailer and hand written note writer have all voiced their extensive and hard thought versions and ideas to DE. The problem is that some of those highly detailed rants or ideas are exact opposites of your idea. That's the biggest problem actually. The moderators are most likely saving a copy of your ideas but it gets placed under the other 1,987,654,321 ideas. Nature of the beast i guess.

For me, squad runs at exploiter do tend to be a it buggy - when you start from Fortuna with a full squad, you tend to lose at least one player to a disconnect by the time the fight starts.

Solo runs, on the other hand, have usually been fine for me. There was a bug on the Switch just after the Heart of Deimos update (Exploiter would get stuck in the mountain, could not start the outside phase), but that bug was easily avoidable.

As for others:

K-drives are a bit useless (since archwings are a faster mode of transport), but they are an ok addition of variety. And since the only content locked behind k-drive related activities is just more k-drive content, you can skip the whole thing if you want to.

Conservation is something I've actually found to be quite relaxing once I learned how to do it. And I don't think I've actually seen all that many bugs while doing conservation - the only notable exception being the Deimos birds sometimes spawning inside one of the tall structures and being unreachable. And the only balance issue I've noticed with it is that when you save a Solaris prisoner in the new Corpus ship, you get less SU standing than when you capture a Pobber on the Vallis!

Am 19.1.2021 um 00:41 schrieb (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan:

The Exploiter fight gets buggier every single patch.  I joined a pub match, host lost connection (I know they didn't just leave, they were mid-flight when they dropped.) so we got a host migration.  Every single person that joined got separated upon entering Deck 12 other than one player that joined when I was temporarily host but hadn't loaded in until we were in Deck 12.  It loaded them in fine.

It also completely shut down my Gauss's Redline.  I could cast it but it wouldn't let the battery go over the line, it would immediately drain back down at high speed.  All of this happened before the Orb even descended into the first phase of the fight.  

You have to stop putting up challenges for broken content that you refuse to fix or update.  

K-Drives are buggy, unfinished trash.  The Exploiter fight barely functions.  Conservation is not only a tedious chore, it's also rife with bugs and balance issues.

Either fix and polish the content so that it's worth playing or stop trying to corral players into doing it.

EDIT:  Not that they'll see this, but to the MR 3 that I abandoned in the fight, it wasn't your MR.  It was the fact that none of my abilities worked that caused me to just leave.

I do one exploiter fight every other day (I want the ephmeras) and did not encounter any gamebreaking bugs. All missions finished just fine.

I am just in the process on doing K-Drives, because I am closing in on MR30. Never encountered any gamebreaking bug, not even small bugs for that matter. Everything runs super smoothly. Oh yeah, now that we talk about it, there are one or 2 spots in races that rocket me over the whole map. But once you know where they are, you can avoid them easily.

And this is the problem with exaggerated rants like yours. They read it, ask their QA "hey guys, can you look into it?" Then they do 2 exploiter fights and 5 races and everything is fine. The next 2355 rants about the same issues may be more detailed than yours (yours is jaw droppingly horrible, sorry mate), but they get thrown in the recycle bin for when they have more time (which is never).

Host migrations can be weird though and sometimes bad things happen. So if there is a connection issue, you might have to restart (which takes 5 mins). If you want a completely bug free game, I think you should rent some games that are older than 15 years. They were so simple, it was actually possible. Nowadays games are so complex, they will never be bug free again.

On 2021-01-19 at 11:14 AM, deothor said:

The overall problem is: DE relases unfinished content. Then they try to bandaid it a bit and then they forget it existed,a s they are already in the process of relasing another unfinished content somewhere else. 

At least DE has started to make everything as content islands, so once "completed" we rarely have to go back... 🙄😏

DE don't really seem to get around to doing a whole lot of testing: it's always been up for debate as to whether or not they play their own game. 

49 minutes ago, Thando said:

At least DE has started to make everything as content islands, so once "completed" we rarely have to go back... 🙄😏

that's something they're trying to undo though, as shown by their plans to integrate liches into railjack. I'm all for tying the content islands together, but I suppose the downside to that is that occasionally we'll have to return to the messy, buggy content. can't have our cake and eat it, unfortunately.

What if DE take a whole year NOT releasing any new contents, and just focused on fixing stuff.

Would you guys play warframe with these contents alone for a full year? Can you see yourselves doing it?

Actually curious. I'm a new players so i still have plenty of stuff to do. But what about veterans who have done most stuff and the main target audience for new updates?

While Exploiter is more prone to connection issues due to all the transitions it has host migrations/connection drops are an unrelated issue to Exploiter itself. It's just the same bad quality connection issues that can happen in a pub in literally any part of the game.

Please explain what bugs there are regarding K-Drives or Conservation. As well as how K-Drives are at all unfinished and how conservation is "unbalanced". You're literally saying nothing whatsoever with these statements.

But it's not like this thread is anything other than shouting into the void anyways. Saying "X is broken go fix it" isn't productive or helpful to anyone especially when it's posted in a place no dev has reason to look in.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Huh, I don't have any issues with exploiter and I did it with random a just for fun. 

Maybe it's something to do with the connection the thing that you experienced

Same exploiter went smoothly for me and i was 2 manning with a random, one small bug was no dialogue was playing for the first phase but thats so minor 

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

What if DE take a whole year NOT releasing any new contents, and just focused on fixing stuff.

Would you guys play warframe with these contents alone for a full year? Can you see yourselves doing it?

Actually curious. I'm a new players so i still have plenty of stuff to do. But what about veterans who have done most stuff and the main target audience for new updates?

When DE releases new content, people complain about them "not spending time on fixing content". When DE stops releasing new content and focuses on updating and fixing old content, people complain about "content drought."

There is no pleasing the people here. Meanwhile, the only other game company on the market right now that updates their game with new content as much as DE does is probably GGG with their Path of Exile, but that company and game has a whole load of other terrible problems that I would never want to see in Warframe.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

When DE releases new content, people complain about them "not spending time on fixing content". When DE stops releasing new content and focuses on updating and fixing old content, people complain about "content drought."

There is no pleasing the people here. Meanwhile, the only other game company on the market right now that updates their game with new content as much as DE does is probably GGG with their Path of Exile, but that company and game has a whole load of other terrible problems that I would never want to see in Warframe.

different game models require different type of care , some games require only initial work and later on only bug fixes are needed but a game like league needs constant updates because its pvp and an open service game , for any type of open service they need to update regularly or else game declines over time , lets compare thing in right order shall we ?.

5 hours ago, Soy77 said:

A year!? I JUST discovered the last off the secret Gas City stuff and I'm six years in! Lol!

Seriously, what people have issues with is host connections. Railjack's initial release and the dialogue skip when Deimos first dropped were the first times I ran into a bug worth discussing while playing solo or with good connection squads. Whenever I run into a bug in pub or group play, I just go back and try to recreate it a few times in solo. If I can't, then I don't report it. DE can't fix a bad connection on my part.

Now, as a console player, I have an advantage so big ups to PC players, however I assume most of those players follow the same pattern. At least, I hope so. We're not going to get dedicated servers so the least I can do is understand the true culprit of the problem.

What in the fight glitched? It sounds like to me this is more about host migration caused bugs than the orb fight. 

If I were you and the game started to bug before you had started the fight. I would exit and enter the open world then start it.

For the most part I have had little amounts of bugs on the 2 orbs. The only one I remember happening was the door entering and this was also caused by a host drop.

20 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Bless you because I have been around long enough to know that you are telling the truth about all of this.

I just had to restart my computer and diagnose connections because I got tangled up in the "[name] appears offline" bug that disallows invitations both ways on your game client. Trying to tell six people about this while more are coming in requesting trades is... not how I wanted to spend half an hour of my day today.

Just to try and avoid derailing this thread, I sympathize deeply with OP's situation and I'm frustrated that day-ruining bugs extend beyond even just the content of the game. 

12 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

I do one exploiter fight every other day (I want the ephmeras) and did not encounter any gamebreaking bugs. All missions finished just fine.

I am just in the process on doing K-Drives, because I am closing in on MR30. Never encountered any gamebreaking bug, not even small bugs for that matter. Everything runs super smoothly. Oh yeah, now that we talk about it, there are one or 2 spots in races that rocket me over the whole map. But once you know where they are, you can avoid them easily.

And this is the problem with exaggerated rants like yours. They read it, ask their QA "hey guys, can you look into it?" Then they do 2 exploiter fights and 5 races and everything is fine. The next 2355 rants about the same issues may be more detailed than yours (yours is jaw droppingly horrible, sorry mate), but they get thrown in the recycle bin for when they have more time (which is never).

Host migrations can be weird though and sometimes bad things happen. So if there is a connection issue, you might have to restart (which takes 5 mins). If you want a completely bug free game, I think you should rent some games that are older than 15 years. They were so simple, it was actually possible. Nowadays games are so complex, they will never be bug free again.

Another completely by-the-numbers [DE]fense force post.  "I don't have that problem/bug so it doesn't exist."  followed by "but it's fREEEEEE"

Archived