Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desert Open World

(XBOX)FOTUS Spectre

Can we get a desert themed open world? Something like the Sahara Desert? It would be super rad, especially if you added huge sand dunes! I know it's asking alot, but we have a spring, grassland themed free roam and a icy tundra themed free roam. It'd be great to have this as well. In addition, for the sake of a new warframe or Inaros as well, you could throw some could pyramid like structures that could serve as the "cave system" in the desert free roam. And as for the social area and shops, you could use an oasis where we'd gather between bounties and quests. 

In conclusion, it'd really be great to see something like this added! However I know you've had a busy schedule lately and understand that this won't probably come soon. I do thank you DE for all your hard work and commitment to our community! :)

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Mars, that'll probably happen after an Orokin and Sentient open world since grineer already have 1

I could a desert themed open world having something to do with Orokin Empire. Basically it could have a Golden age Orokin Weapons lab or etc there that the Grineer/Corpus are trying to get access to, and as Tenno, naturally it's our job to stop that and definitely make sure they don't get some Orokin experimental weapon of some sort. 

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)FOTUS Spectre said:

Thats literally like a tundra landscape. That's why I mentioned that we already have both a grassland and an icy free roam. I was indicating the first two free roams.

Yes, and it's also a Desert. Deserts are defined by a lack of both liquid water and precipitation in the region. Since all of the water in the area is snow and it never rains, the Vallis qualifies.

For reference, Antarctica is actually the world's largest desert IRL.

• 1 month later...

Necrothread, but personally I'd prefer a city or proper mountainous open world. Lots of cliffs, sheer drops and obstacles to climb around. Orb Vallis is a Valley (howls of amazement) but it's more of a shallow one.

Deserts are way too flat for my liking. What's there to parkour on?

20 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Necrothread, but personally I'd prefer a city or proper mountainous open world. Lots of cliffs, sheer drops and obstacles to climb around. Orb Vallis is a Valley (howls of amazement) but it's more of a shallow one.

Deserts are way too flat for my liking. What's there to parkour on?

Something Like Elaaden from Mass Effect Andromeda would be a good compromise. A large sandy desert surrounding an arid mountainous region.

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Define "Fun Gameplay".

Before I ever unlocked my Archwing Launcher, running on foot and exploring every nook and cranny was fun. It was great when the world was new. But I'm not sure how to make open worlds have "fun gameplay".

It would need to be more than just missions, IMO it would need to have an extracurricular/hobby-like feel to it. Relaxing fishing or mining? "Meet the Dargaryns" and "Guess Who's Thumper for Dinner".

I can understand being under constant threat and attack when I am in- or near an enemy base. But once you walk out those ivory doors, the entire Plains is enemy territory! If the Plague Star and/or Ghoul Purge is active? LOL! I just get swamped.

If I need to do fishing or mining (for resources or nightwave) I activate the Saya's Vigil quest and use that to enter the "safemode version" of Plains of Eidolon.

On topic: Yes I would like a new Martian/Dunes of Inaros open world.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Before I ever unlocked my Archwing Launcher, running on foot and exploring every nook and cranny was fun. It was great when the world was new. But I'm not sure how to make open worlds have "fun gameplay".

It would need to be more than just missions, IMO it would need to have an extracurricular/hobby-like feel to it. Relaxing fishing or mining? "Meet the Dargaryns" and "Guess Who's Thumper for Dinner".

I can understand being under constant threat and attack when I am in- or near an enemy base. But once you walk out those ivory doors, the entire Plains is enemy territory! If the Plague Star and/or Ghoul Purge is active? LOL! I just get swamped.

If I need to do fishing or mining (for resources or nightwave) I activate the Saya's Vigil quest and use that to enter the "safemode version" of Plains of Eidolon.

On topic: Yes I would like a new Martian/Dunes of Inaros open world.

It's a little annoying that the open world typically have enough spawns to make peaceful activities annoying, but don't typically have high enough density to actually make going on a plains-wide rampage interesting.

I hate to make the Destiny comparison, but the patrol zones are typically crawling with goons and things to do. And by do, I usually mean shoot. There's usually 5-8 enemies guarding a base, even the big ones on the Vallis, unless I actively provoke them to toroid farm. And even then they're not exactly thick on the ground. Seriously, some of these bases have as many goons guarding them as individual rooms on tilesets. 

On 2021-01-19 at 3:51 AM, (XBOX)FOTUS Spectre said:

I could a desert themed open world having something to do with Orokin Empire. Basically it could have a Golden age Orokin Weapons lab or etc there that the Grineer/Corpus are trying to get access to, and as Tenno, naturally it's our job to stop that and definitely make sure they don't get some Orokin experimental weapon of some sort. 

In Sands of Inaros quest we we're told that a low level sociaty existed durring Orokin era , Baro Ki'teer who's one of them referd to them as "sand people" , the Orokin originaly kidnaped their kids so they would serve as new body's for Orokin but after Orokin fall the sand people lived on in piece by them self untill grineer whiped out most them to take over the territory for whemselfs .

And thats preaty much the last we heard of this people , they could be used as plot for Mars open world , I can even see Orokin / Inaros theme tombs and ruins in landscapes , entire open world being Egyptian theme .

Archived