Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A server rework may be in order

heloHello

What I mean is, places like the open world maps shouldn't run on the normal squad systems. the host leaving can cause all sorts of problems, and its kinda dumb that they have a system for endless missions where someone can extract while everyone else stays but don't use it in open world. But the real point is getting a completely different system for this, potentially allowing more players in one server, though that could be alot to load at once.

36 minutes ago, heloHello said:

What I mean is, places like the open world maps shouldn't run on the normal squad systems. the host leaving can cause all sorts of problems, and its kinda dumb that they have a system for endless missions where someone can extract while everyone else stays but don't use it in open world. But real point getting a completely different system for this, potentially allowing more players in one server, though that could be alot to load at once.

except that you can choose to leave by yourself in open worlds.

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

except that you can choose to leave by yourself in open worlds.

I know that, but its more like a workaround and people don't always know it, and the host issue still stands. The host randomly leaving always tends to cause problems, most recently I've found mods no longer working after a host leaving. That's why I'm saying that what it really needs is an entirely new system.

Archived