Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus farming methods

Schaap-MAN

Question

Hello everyone.

I really need to get around to more focus farming and I was wondering what the best way is. I have 2 lua lensens , and i have both saryn and equinox prime.

Some people say that the equinox method is way faster and others say the saryn method. But which one do you guys recommend ( i don't want to put my lenses on the wrong frame )

10 answers to this question

Do you have access to the helminth system?

Do you have another not prime Equinox you can subsume to the helminth or did you already do so?

In that case I recommend putting sleep and the lens on a Warframe that can turn invisible.

Loki is easier to farm, has fast movement speed and can turn invisible for long periods of time, you have to be careful for the short period of time it makes you visible again and the time it takes to recast invisibility.

Octavia is harder to farm, but can permanently turn invisible since she can recast her invis skill while she is still invisible, so I recommend using her!

Ivara can also permanently turn invisible, but relies on energy orbs (no pads) and is super slow while invisible, I advise you to not use her for this.

Put the other lens on Guandao, with a radiation damage build you can oneshot even the bombards on Adaro as long as you build up some combo to use with Blood Rush, slide attacks will also be slightly stronger than normal attacks.

Use the naramon focus while farming with this method, it keeps your combo count alive for the 5 minutes you will spend on each run and melee weapon kills will earn you more focus.

Don't use stealth/finisher attacks as that will severely slow you down.

Put a large number of enemies to sleep before you touch the yellow orb, this will give you more time to kill them all during the duration of it and move on to the next group of enemies.

Practise makes perfect, your first few runs won't be too terribly successful as some enemy spawn locations will catch you by surprise, but once you have it down, you can easily max your daily focus in 10-15 minutes (with a booster).

TBH, ESO with Saryn is the easiest capped focus farm, with Eidolons being the easiest uncapped one.

With a Eidolon/Lua lens on Saryn, you'll likely reach the cap in one full rotation, or even earlier; just remember to spam the miasma as much as you can in the 1st 20s or so, when you get x16 focus.

Nuke Equinox doesn't really have the damage for high-level farming, particularly against any shielded mob and Ember's no longer an option.

You can try a sleep strat, particularly if you're also farming Simaris standing, but it'll be much slower.

Also, now that it's an option, try to get an affinity blessing, just wait in the relay when you're not in mission.

15 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Do you have another not prime Equinox you can subsume to the helminth or did you already do so?

In that case I recommend putting sleep and the lens on a Warframe that can turn invisible.

Loki is easier to farm, has fast movement speed and can turn invisible for long periods of time, you have to be careful for the short period of time it makes you visible again and the time it takes to recast invisibility.

Octavia is harder to farm, but can permanently turn invisible since she can recast her invis skill while she is still invisible, so I recommend using her!

Ivara can also permanently turn invisible, but relies on energy orbs (no pads) and is super slow while invisible, I advise you to not use her for this.

Put the other lens on Guandao, with a radiation damage build you can oneshot even the bombards on Adaro as long as you build up some combo to use with Blood Rush, slide attacks will also be slightly stronger than normal attacks.

Use the naramon focus while farming with this method, it keeps your combo count alive for the 5 minutes you will spend on each run and melee weapon kills will earn you more focus.

Put a large number of enemies to sleep before you touch the yellow orb, this will give you more time to kill them all during the duration of it and move on to the next group of enemies.

Practise makes perfect, your first few runs won't be too terribly successful as some enemy spawn locations will catch you by surprise, but once you have it down, you can easily max your daily focus in 10-15 minutes (with a booster).

Wait, you can get stealth affinity without starting and refreshing with back-finishers?
I knew damage, but affinity?

Edit:
Huh, I see two conflicting wiki pages.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stealth#Affinity_Bonus

https://warframe.fandom.com/vi/wiki/Stealth#Affinity_Bonus

I think I've only ever had it trigger with back finishers, but haven't tried much since they made it stop working with other finishers.

7 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Wait, you can get stealth affinity without starting and refreshing with back-finishers?
I knew damage, but affinity?

Edit:
Huh, I see two conflicting wiki pages.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stealth#Affinity_Bonus

https://warframe.fandom.com/vi/wiki/Stealth#Affinity_Bonus

I think I've only ever had it trigger with back finishers, but haven't tried much since they made it stop working with other finishers.

Try it out yourself, as long as the enemies is unalerted, you get stealth affinity.

I only have this pretty old video, which still relies on a maiming strike build for the guandao, but other than that you could replicate that run in game right now.

Also I used a press 2 macro at the time, with how things currently are, you should find an alternative key to (temporarily) bind sleep to you can spam easily.

25 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Ivara is only slow if not modded for Prowl: higher Ability Strength, Infiltrate mod and Arcane Energize are essential. Ability strength affects her move speed when invisible only when Infiltrate is installed but my Ivara Prime almost moves the same speed regardless of Prowl current toggle state. Just Bullet Jumps, slides and sprint should be used sparingly as they still break Prowl even with Infiltrate installed and capped.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Ivara is only slow if not modded for Prowl: higher Ability Strength, Infiltrate mod and Arcane Energize are essential. Ability strength affects her move speed when invisible only when Infiltrate is installed but my Ivara Prime almost moves the same speed regardless of Prowl current toggle state. Just Bullet Jumps, slides and sprint should be used sparingly as they still break Prowl even with Infiltrate installed and capped.

Without being able to Bullet jump or slide, she is slow, regardless of movement speed.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Just Bullet Jumps, slides and sprint should be used sparingly as they still break Prowl even with Infiltrate installed and capped.

Speed is the absolute key to the adaro setup.

All the things you listed have to be used to avoid wasting the short 45 secconds the game gives you to kill enemies.

Invisibility is not required for the run to be successful, it is just to allow you more room for mistake as a single enemy spotting you will quickly alert others.

I've abandoned the stealth affinity farming done with equinox and ivara.  It used to be super meta, but after having come back from a long break I found something changed with the AI and stealth that broke a lot of things.  I won't do it again.  Plus you need to lens your frame and your weapon.

I've given that up in favor of doing solo SO runs.  I use volt prime with a lua lens, I only use affinity boosters, plus smeeta kavat.  All the killing is done with his powers, so only 1 lens needed.  My best run was during the last double affinity, I hit my daily cap of over 392k in round 2.  Normal seems to be around round 8, and my worst tends to be around round 12 (though I'll usually restart at round 8.)

My understanding is other frames can accelerate the rate of kills with a squad, but volt can handle solo a bit more which is my preference.

I try ESO, but after Zenurik was done, i change to Adaro (Sedna) and Equinox + Skiajati (and Affinity Spike from Naramon).

With XP Booster and 2 Eidolon Lens (one in the Frame, one in the Weapon), i got 130-150k per Run (6 Min.). 

Its more relaxing for me. No Players who leave in ESO, no Host Migration. 

In a few Weeks i finish Unairu and Naramon + unbound the passives and have a Pool of 90 atm (some of the Eidolon Shards was used for this too).

For me, Adaro is the better way. 

Archived