The Great Ensmallening: Part 3 (Mesh Accuracy + Sound Fidelity)

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

-snip-

Might just be me, but the before and after images did not embed / is not there.

EDIT: It was fixed. Thanks!

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

This is awesome! When octavia prime comes can we have a slight rework where if i replace 1 of her abilites that sound on madachord will play from a different ability? then we still get all the sounds from the songs we want.  Example: I replaced resonator with fireblast and now there is no bass... Could bass then play when i activate Metronome?

Edited by (XBOX)AtomicCellar192
adding an example
  • Like 1

Can there be an option to Opt-Out of texture compression? My budget build PC has been crashing mid-game continuously ever since the last "Great Ensmallening".

I would be thrilled to let it take more space on my disk, if it meant that I get better stability.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This one is for the audiophiles! 

Can we get more selection of volume sliders? I want to hear the birds and crickets in Plains of Eidolon at max volume without going deaf during combat! 💖 Thanks

• Like 11
6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We said when we have something meaningful to say, we'll say it, because until then it's just going to be empty noise and 'we really need to get this done'. 

Wow.... Ok. Um, appreciate your busy and such, but may I politely suggest switching to decaf?

• Like 5

Also a dedicated volume control for Tranq Rifle would be great! 💖

EDIT: While I'm on the topic, can we get the beeping for the tranq rifle to come with a stereo-scopic function? It would be nice to know if the fluffy little critters are behind me, to the left, or to the right. Maybe really quiet if they are super far away, or perhaps have an increased sustain/pseudo-echo to give me a clue about their distance.

Better yet! Provide a visual solution so the hearing impaired can get in on the fluffy-wuffy conservation too 💖 I have tinnitus, but at least I can hear. Many people have it worse than me.

Edited by LillyRaccune
Audio/Visual cue for animal proximity + direction
  • Like 8

Will Frost's Prime, Festive and immortal skins ever get a prime toggle? so it actually doesn't look disjointed when I try to mix them with alt helmets, that one little detail in his neck that makes the difference between regular and prime, it has been bothering me since a while now.

Just now, Old_Fogie said:

Wow.... Ok. Um, appreciate your busy and such, but may I politely suggest switching to decaf?

I already drink Decaf in the afternoons! I'm just stating the facts of the matters, no one wants cross save more than I, and I am simply summarizing Steve's words from December and before. 

• Like 39
9 minutes ago, Old_Fogie said:

Well i think she is more of a tea person but i may be wrong ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

Any ideas how these ensmallening changes will impact consoles (particularly switch)?  Do you think smaller meshes and audio sizes will improve load times?  The audio section said there may be some performance improvements at least in synchronization.

PS - the before and afters do look better ;)

Edited by (NSW)Kadet
PS compliment

Will this also fix the phase of stutters at the beginning of every mission where it appears the game is still loading stuff and blocking the rendering pipeline while waiting for assets?

• Like 4