Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to block people in this forum?? Am i missing something??

Soy77

Question

In forums like these, there are people who seems to wake up and think "I'm going to destroy another person with my comments today! I'm going to argue so hard, claim my internet triumph, and feel good about myself!!!"

Doesn't matter if you agree with them, support their opinions, compliment their clothing, or send their mothers some lovely pie, they'll just keep arguing like it's the last thing they'll ever do in life. They're committed to disagree with you like zuko wanted to catch the avatar.

However, all i found is the three dots to report or share posts... Nothing in member's profile page as well. And just like the people i described earlier, sometimes you don't need to break the law to become an *******, you just need to be annoying enough.

Is there any way to block others in this forum without outrightly reporting them?? Am i missing something?? What do you guys do aside from "just don't reply in that thread again and memorize their names so you won't accidentally involved in future conversations"?

*I mostly access this forum from mobile

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Glad to hear!

But do you happen to know any way to do this from mobile? Single tap just bring me to profile, and holding opens up browser specific options. There seems to be no other dedicated buttons around.

On Chrome I can do it by going into browser tools and choosing "Desktop Site".  After that, pressing and holding the name brings up the profile pop up which includes "Ignore User".

Probably very similar on other browsers.

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

In forums like these, there are people who seems to wake up and think "I'm going to destroy another person with my comments today! I'm going to argue so hard, claim my internet triumph, and feel good about myself!!!"

Doesn't matter if you agree with them, support their opinions, compliment their clothing, or send their mothers some lovely pie, they'll just keep arguing like it's the last thing they'll ever do in life. They're committed to disagree with you like zuko wanted to catch the avatar.

However, all i found is the three dots to report or share posts... Nothing in member's profile page as well. And just like the people i described earlier, sometimes you don't need to break the law to become an *******, you just need to be annoying enough.

Is there any way to block others in this forum without outrightly reporting them?? Am i missing something?? What do you guys do aside from "just don't reply in that thread again and memorize their names so you won't accidentally involved in future conversations"?

*I mostly access this forum from mobile

Hover over their username and you'll see an option to "Ignore User" which will block them.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Hover over their username and you'll see an option to "Ignore User" which will block them.

Glad to hear!

But do you happen to know any way to do this from mobile? Single tap just bring me to profile, and holding opens up browser specific options. There seems to be no other dedicated buttons around.

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

Glad to hear!

Hmmm, not sure on a mobile - sorry can't help with that.  There isn't an option on their profile that I know (unsure why).

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

On Chrome I can do it by going into browser tools and choosing "Desktop Site".  After that, pressing and holding the name brings up the profile pop up which includes "Ignore User".

Probably very similar on other browsers.

Not perfect, but i guess this is the best we have right now...

Thanks everyone!

Archived