Dear DE: Please make my dreams come true, we need a long barrel, huge, bulky MG34 style LMG

I was playing peace Walker, and I was having fun with the MG3, and I thought hey, the Supra is the only LMG in warframe, but wouldn’t it be cool to have a bulky weapon class that’s less accurate and pumps out lots of bullets and has a huge mag? 

EDIT: all the LMGs in this game look like assault rifles. :( 

Edited by (PSN)FK2P
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

the Supra is the only LMG in warframe

This is incorrect.
There are six light machineguns in Warframe, counting variants.

Gorgon, Gorgon Wraith, Prisma Gorgon, Supra, Supra Vandal and Quellor.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

This is incorrect.
There are six light machineguns in Warframe, counting variants.

Gorgon, Gorgon Wraith, Prisma Gorgon, Supra, Supra Vandal and Quellor.

You forgot Trumna.

Even then, that's only 4 base types, and both the Gorgon and Supra (and their variants) feel more like chainguns due to having a spool-up time.

I would love to have something that handles more like an M249 or similar weapon, which would probably be like the Trumna, but with slightly higher fire rate, no AoE, a small amount of innate punchthrough, and less recoil. The Quellor just feels weak compared to what an LMG should be, and is really only good for its alt-fire.

• Like 1
Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You forgot Trumna.

Even then, that's only 4 base types, and both the Gorgon and Supra (and their variants) feel more like chainguns due to having a spool-up time.

I would love to have something that handles more like an M249 or similar weapon, which would probably be like the Trumna, but with slightly higher fire rate, no AoE, a small amount of innate punchthrough, and less recoil. The Quellor just feels weak compared to what an LMG should be, and is really only good for its alt-fire.

Quellor can deal, iirc, as much as 1,000+ damage per round, I'd have to check my current build... but yeah, it is rather uninspiring.
The closest I've seen to a proper M249-style machinegun is the Imperator and Phaedra. Mausolon is more akin to an autocannon.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Where does Soma fit in this mess? I've always mentally treated it like an LMG, esp SomaP.

Also, yes, more big honking guns that spray uncomfortable amounts of stuff downrange at high speed sounds good.

It's built off a Chauchat LMG, but IMO it's size and play style puts it closer to SMGs like the Grakata and baza.

Edited by rapt0rman
42 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It's built off a Chauchat LMG, but IMO it's size and play style puts it closer to SMGs like the Grakata and baza.

Exactly! Where are the BRRRR guns at !!! even the heavier rifles feel like assault rifles as best 

8 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

I was playing peace Walker, and I was having fun with the MG3, and I thought hey, the Supra is the only LMG in warframe, but wouldn’t it be cool to have a bulky weapon class that’s less accurate and pumps out lots of bullets and has a huge mag? 

Supra isn't the only LMG, there's also the Soma family, Trumna, Tenora, Gorgon family and Quellor. sure, some are slower than others but they are designed to do the same thing: give suppressive fire to mow down groups of enemies and force them to stay in cover.

that's also not counting the Archgun MGs, Imperator family, Mausolon and Phaedra (Cygnas doesn't count IMO, it's too much like an oversized burst-fire assault rifle). I will say that I do love the entire line of German LMGs: particularly the MG42. "Hitler's Buzzsaw" as it was commonly known. 

what i REALLY want though is a proper minigun. even if it has to be an Archgun, It must have:

- anywhere from 3 to 8 rotating barrels.

- ludicrous fire rate, at least 40-50 rounds per second (that's about twice as fast as a base Grakata.)

- massive ammo pool, at the very least 500 rounds, 1000 is preferable.

- damage can be kept on par with other MGs for balance. high fire rate helps it's DPS enough anyway.

basically give me the chance to do this:

I would love to man a mini gun, Terminator 2 style

between this and Kuva Ayanga I'd never need another Archgun again!

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

what i REALLY want though is a proper minigun. even if it has to be an Archgun, It must have:

- ludicrous fire rate, at least 40-50 rounds per second (that's about twice as fast as a base Grakata.)

- damage can be kept on par with other MGs for balance. high fire rate helps it's DPS enough anyway.

Imperator does that well enough, but I understand the desire

What I think needs to happen is a Boltor style portable Gatling Gun (archgun), crank included. Let us create Grineer porcupines!

Edited by (XBOX)Regxxh
28 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Since Octavia Prime is right around the corner let's hope Tenora Prime gets multiple barrel design with increased fire rate and magazine.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Since Octavia Prime is right around the corner let's hope Tenora Prime gets multiple barrel design with increased fire rate and magazine.

How often Prime Access warframes come with their signature weapons? I'm not keeping my hopes up.

41 minutes ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

How often Prime Access warframes come with their signature weapons? I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Only 2 frames with signature weapons have been primed so far, Atlas got his signature primed, while Mirage didn't. Tho I don't think DE even remember Mirage has one since Akzani is the only old signature weapon that didn't get updated with bonus effect.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Only 2 frames with signature weapons have been primed so far, Atlas got his signature primed, while Mirage didn't. Tho I don't think DE even remember Mirage has one since Akzani is the only old signature weapon that didn't get updated with bonus effect.

Signature weapons having actual stat changes is a relatively new thing, so I get the feeling DE is going to follow that moving forward. Mirage's Akzani don't actually do anything differently when she uses them, but Atlas' Tekko gets a status chance boost and was primed. Both the Tenora and Pandero likewise have real passives when used with Octavia, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that those two - or at least one of them - will be primed as well.

I recommend Trumna altho it may not be quite what you are looking for due to the slowish firerate. But give it to Gauss and thats where the real fun starts. 

Soma is also a solid option.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Warframe is not Metal Gear / Carl of Duty.

While some weapon ideas can be cloned (i.e., Spartan Laser = Opticor), I'd rather have Warframe be unique.

I think you might be misunderstanding something, LMGs aren't a product of videogames, It's a designation for a general size of machine gun. A decent portion of Warframe's weapon designs are already based off real world counterparts.

To clarify, the MG34 looks like this:

Spoiler

02-MG34.jpg

Which, with an aesthetic makeover (preferably grineer) would look right at home in Warframe.

• Like 2
On 2021-01-21 at 7:40 PM, rapt0rman said:

I think you might be misunderstanding something, LMGs aren't a product of videogames, It's a designation for a general size of machine gun.

If you need something like that, it's called a Mausolon.

On 2021-01-21 at 4:39 PM, xombob89 said:

I recommend Trumna altho it may not be quite what you are looking for due to the slowish firerate. But give it to Gauss and thats where the real fun starts. 

Soma is also a solid option.

See my problem is that that while the soma is an LMG, it doesn’t feel like a LMG, and neither do any of the others, they all look like assault rifles.

• (PSN)FK2P changed the title to Dear DE: Please make my dreams come true, we need a long barrel, huge, bulky MG34 style LMG
46 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Stradavar?

Same issue as the Soma. Stradavar takes inspiration from an LMG (the Lewis gun) but unfortunately it got scaled down.

Also, it loses a lot of it's bulky, intimidating appearance without it's iconic barrel shroud. Which TBH seems to be the intent with the Stradavar, with it's violin related name.

Spoiler

Lewis_Gun_(derivated).jpg

vs20060143-001.jpg

Edited by rapt0rman
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-20 at 6:29 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Supra isn't the only LMG, there's also the Soma family, Trumna, Tenora, Gorgon family and Quellor. sure, some are slower than others but they are designed to do the same thing: give suppressive fire to mow down groups of enemies and force them to stay in cover.

that's also not counting the Archgun MGs, Imperator family, Mausolon and Phaedra (Cygnas doesn't count IMO, it's too much like an oversized burst-fire assault rifle). I will say that I do love the entire line of German LMGs: particularly the MG42. "Hitler's Buzzsaw" as it was commonly known. 

I would love to man a mini gun, Terminator 2 style

between this and Kuva Ayanga I'd never need another Archgun again!

Dakka!Dakka!Dakka!

Bring on all the Dakka! It makes problems go away!

On 2021-01-23 at 1:14 PM, 32768 said:

Try Mausolon.

I personally think that Quellor is also a good choice.

I agree. Since the Entrati archguns went live, I've stuck to Mausolon as my primary archgun, while bringing out my Kuva Ayanga for arbitration survivals. The only issue I have with Mausolon is, unless you pack Ammo Chain or use Lavos, your spare ammo is only two magazines and hard to refill.