Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Worst Idea For This Event

Sophronius

There's no denying it, the Corpus are getting rolled. Mistakes from the start caused extreme lean towards Grineer, and I'm sure many on both sides (Corpus/Grineer) are not enjoying this event anymore because of the bias.

I'm sure a lot of us are aware that the Berserker 'frame is hinted at being a Corpus augmented Warframe. Therefore indications lead to the conclusion that a Corpus victory would most likely bring forth this new Warframe....

But for the love of (Stalker), even if it is true, it should not be confirmed that Corpus victory is the only way to acquire this new Warframe. It will destroy the remainder of this event.

I don't think that will happen however. Instead it is likely that we can get the new Warframe regardless of who wins. Surely Alad V has blueprints we could use from the new boss. That is to say, even if Grineer win we can still acquire the blueprints through Alad's unfinished research.

Basically to sum it up, using the Berserker 'frame as a means to tilt odds in Corpus favour, whether it be Corpus victory leading to the new 'frame or simply having early access to the 'frame from Corpus victory should be avoided.

Additional information regarding the event itself.

That aside, this event has been a disappointment. When it started it was exciting. I even went back and forth between factions. It was a hard choice but eventually it was decided that if it were me inside of those Cryopods, assuming that it were for the good of innocent lives and the balance of the system I would be willing to sacrifice myself for them. Thus ultimately siding with Corpus. (Mars likely has civilian type colonies, non-faction specific)

However what went wrong was skewing the faction alliance with better rewards and seemingly better lore factor. I think the idea was to make people think about saving Tenno, or Sacrificing Tenno for innocent lives, and balance. However I don't think everyone thought too hard about it and very quickly went for saving Tenno. The point is, often people won't think long and hard about a decision, most of the time we make decisions on the fly.

Due to leaderboard obsession I do not see any way to make this event seem like an actual War instead of complete slaughter. So you could say that this event is already finished. Unless somehow DE has a master plan they are hiding.

I'm sure we'd all like to see more warring between factions after this, and I am pretty certain that this is an experiment for future mission types. Perhaps even spontaneous "War/assist" missions popping up around the star map after this event. There are obvious needed improvements to the existing mission type that I am sure have already been addressed.

Keep up the good work DE.

On that note however, a much faster response to the extreme skewing towards Grineer would've made a big difference in this event. Giving Corpus better rewards so late didn't change a thing sadly.

Edited by Sophronius

Too much exterminate. Requiring people to run 1 map and 1 mission type 100+ times is a surefire way to suck all the fun out of it.

That would be one of the "obvious needed improvements" that I am sure have been addressed. I don't feel like compiling a list of these things and how to make it better. I could think of many ways to improve it, but I'm sure that DE has already thought of things and are on top of it. This event is just an experiment, like survival was.

:EDIT: I admit that the 100+ runs is excessive, not fun. I don't think this was their intention as they thought that the "all out war" thing would be fun enough so that we wouldn't care about the 100+ requirement. Simply not true for some, and how the event has been unfolding it is also not true for many others.

Edited by Sophronius

There's no denying it, the Corpus are getting rolled. Mistakes from the start caused extreme lean towards Grineer, and I'm sure many on both sides (Corpus/Grineer) are not enjoying this event anymore because of the bias.

I'm sure a lot of us are aware that the Berserker 'frame is hinted at being a Corpus augmented Warframe. Therefore indications lead to the conclusion that a Corpus victory would most likely bring forth this new Warframe....

Are you kidding me? It's video game lore... they have all kinds of ability to make it whatever they want...

Hell; a Grineer win could have a better logical explaination *because we liberate captured tenno pods and perhaps discover incomplete tenno experementation*

If you think a faction winning or losing would stop DE from pushing out their plans you're not thinking creatively enough.

berserker wasn't hinted towards as a 'corpus modified frame', it was introduced in the life-stream as a frame who escaped in the middle of bisection.

Where was this? I didn't watch the entire thing but saw bits. I quote "she's connected to what Jeff is doing about the Alad V...uhh... story."

That would be one of the "obvious needed improvements" that I am sure have been addressed. I don't feel like compiling a list of these things and how to make it better. I could think of many ways to improve it, but I'm sure that DE has already thought of things and are on top of it. This event is just an experiment, like survival was.

I can understand the skewing for the first map so that the grineer get a foothold. I don't think DE plays the game enough as a free to play player. The numbers for a lot of things seem kind of arbitrarily high. It doesn't take much thought to see that extreme repitition is a bad idea. It's like they play everything one time and never look at it from a replay value.

If you think a faction winning or losing would stop DE from pushing out their plans you're not thinking creatively enough.

I seriously wonder every time I make a post if 90% of people even read my entire post... I get this kind of thing a lot.

I don't think that will happen however. Instead it is likely that we can get the new Warframe regardless of who wins. Surely Alad V has blueprints we could use from the new boss.

Otherwise, why say that I am thinking only 1 faction will bring about the Warframe?

I seriously wonder every time I make a post if 90% of people even read my entire post... I get this kind of thing a lot.

Otherwise, why say that I am thinking only 1 faction will bring about the Warframe?

I highly doubt they'd spend all that time into making a frame and then not implement it.

I can understand the skewing for the first map so that the grineer get a foothold. I don't think DE plays the game enough as a free to play player. The numbers for a lot of things seem kind of arbitrarily high. It doesn't take much thought to see that extreme repitition is a bad idea. It's like they play everything one time and never look at it from a replay value.

I often feel the same. But I think they are trying. Currently they are focused on getting the game in a "done" state so that it can be released. (PS4) Maybe once they have all the content down, they can focus on making more reply value. We could only hope.

DE, as usual will release what they want to release but make it seem like the players had any hand in affecting the results. In the worst case they may need to amend some lore so things make sense (although nothing's stopped them from running with broken lore in the past). Pretty sure those fears are unfounded.

Ironic how that applies to the post you commented on as well ;)

This is how I read it.

"Are you kidding me? It's video game lore... they have all kinds of ability to make it whatever they want..."

Alright, I never said that that they were limited.

"Hell; a Grineer win could have a better logical explaination *because we liberate captured tenno pods and perhaps discover incomplete tenno experimentation*"

I thought I mentioned this when I said it doesn't matter which side wins, we can still hunt and kill Alad for the blueprints.

"If you think a faction winning or losing would stop DE from pushing out their plans you're not thinking creatively enough."

I focused on this sentence because it seemed like a summary of what was said about my previous statement. To which the response was, no in fact I do not think that only Corpus victory will give us the Warframe.

Am I needing to rephrase the initial post? I get the feeling that the intended message was not conveyed correctly.

Not sure why there are quite a lot of people think that the coming new frame would be a development by Corpus, and claiming that the frame could available only if Corpus win for this event. The fact is I don't really care if this is true or not.

Anyway, what you are saying about people getting bored of the event is true. The rewards really affected the side most people were choosing at the start of this event, instead of the lore or their own preferences. (Well for me I chose to against the side i hate more, so it's preference for me. I'm still doing 100% on my supporting side.)  This event becomes more like a platinum/end-reward item hunt instead of choosing which story path players want.

Btw I just did my 200th invasion run, well I guess I am not feeling painful running same mission repetitively. But it does bored me and I went to farm Mimas and some T3 Voids instead. And for now I guess I will only run 5 times per new invasion for my supporting side.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

This is how I read it.

"Are you kidding me? It's video game lore... they have all kinds of ability to make it whatever they want..."

Alright, I never said that that they were limited.

"Hell; a Grineer win could have a better logical explaination *because we liberate captured tenno pods and perhaps discover incomplete tenno experimentation*"

I thought I mentioned this when I said it doesn't matter which side wins, we can still hunt and kill Alad for the blueprints.

"If you think a faction winning or losing would stop DE from pushing out their plans you're not thinking creatively enough."

I focused on this sentence because it seemed like a summary of what was said about my previous statement. To which the response was, no in fact I do not think that only Corpus victory will give us the Warframe.

Am I needing to rephrase the initial post? I get the feeling that the intended message was not conveyed correctly.

This is why I singled out the point I was talking about...

"I'm sure a lot of us are aware that the Berserker 'frame is hinted at being a Corpus augmented Warframe. Therefore indications lead to the conclusion that a Corpus victory would most likely bring forth this new Warframe...."

and then I commented on how that's not true; then made a general statement about thinking lore would stop design plans.

I didn't address any other point in your OP.

The worst idea for this event is the players fault.  Tenno being Grineer and Corpus fan boys is just .... (*(*#!(@*#&&^@!_$(& ........ entirely ridiculous!

I just woke up.  What do I see 5 hours later?  The same invasions are still going on because the players are serving their enemies instead of taking advantage or their enemies!

Guys, play a Tenno.  Kill them all and take their loot!  Just side with each invasion and counter invasion, Grineer and Corpus.  Get them over with so we can get more battle pay and kill more Grineer AND Corpus!

The worst idea for this event is the players fault.  Tenno being Grineer and Corpus fan boys is just .... (*(*#!(@*#&&^@!_$(& ........ entirely ridiculous!

I just woke up.  What do I see 5 hours later?  The same invasions are still going on because the players are serving their enemies instead of taking advantage or their enemies!

Guys, play a Tenno.  Kill them all and take their loot!  Just side with each invasion and counter invasion, Grineer and Corpus.  Get them over with so we can get more battle pay and kill more Grineer AND Corpus!

I'll tell you why I'm not playing both sides. Honor.

jk it's for the gold statue.

Damn your statue!  I want my loot!

Supporting one side is not honorable.  Both Grineer and Corpus are the enemy.  We should take this opportunity to weaken both of them.

This is funny because I had initially determined that I would just use the Corpus and Grineer for my own profit. Then in the end I would attempt to destroy them both.

However I must say this, Corpus have the best technology. They also might be willing to go in to a partnership. Although they are untrustworthy, we could gain technologies from them more easily. In the end we will still kill all of them. But it's a funny idea to think like a Corpus, to destroy a Corpus.

Due to leaderboard obsession I do not see any way to make this event seem like an actual War instead of complete slaughter. So you could say that this event is already finished. Unless somehow DE has a master plan they are hiding.

One thing that make the leader-board obsession is the Clan trophy reward. Some clan members are requested to support a side that a clan decided to. Making them have no choice or preference for this event and obey to what the clan leader said. I asked and surprisingly there are quite an amount of people having this problem.  ( This isn't for me and the clan I joint, we respected each others)

Besides, this event will turn into a slaughter anyhow. Most people would choose a winning side because of the end-event reward being potato'd with a free slot for the winning side they supported, while not risking to get just a BP.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

One thing that make the leader-board obsession is the Clan trophy reward. Some clan members are requested to support a side that a clan decided to. Making them have no choice or preference for this event and obey to what the clan leader said. I asked and surprisingly there are quite an amount of people having this problem.  ( This isn't for me and the clan I joint, we respected each others)

Besides, this event will turn into a slaughter anyhow. Most people would choose a winning side because of the end-event reward being potato'd with a free slot for the winning side they supported, while not risking to get just a BP.

The damn clans are killing this event.  We could have gotten a lot more rewards if they didn't insist in keep invasions open until frikin wednesday.  A pox on all their houses!

This is funny because I had initially determined that I would just use the Corpus and Grineer for my own profit. Then in the end I would attempt to destroy them both.

However I must say this, Corpus have the best technology. They also might be willing to go in to a partnership. Although they are untrustworthy, we could gain technologies from them more easily. In the end we will still kill all of them. But it's a funny idea to think like a Corpus, to destroy a Corpus.

How is it that the Corpus have the best tech?  The Acrid, for example, is an infested weapon.  Ohgris is a Grineer weapon.  Each faction has good weapons.