Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Orphix Venom (Live on Consoles)!

[DE]Danielle

So am I the only one on playstation seeing the top scores? Those people are in duo/solo and are doing better than 4-man squads? There's a person who got 26,845 solo and they have no mastery for the voidrig or bonewidow in their stats. I know for a fact the stock mechs layed out in the tilesets can not help you achieve score past orphix 22 at most. Not to mention the top scores with their voidrig kills dont even come close to their sentient kills. Their stuff is all over the place. Even some of their scarlet spear scores arent high. Someone at DE please look into this! These guys are legit exploiting the event. How are you doing a sentient event and your sentient kills dont move? 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Slyagra69 said:

So am I the only one on playstation seeing the top scores? Those people are in duo/solo and are doing better than 4-man squads? There's a person who got 26,845 solo and they have no mastery for the voidrig or bonewidow in their stats. I know for a fact the stock mechs layed out in the tilesets can not help you achieve score past orphix 22 at most. Not to mention the top scores with their voidrig kills dont even come close to their sentient kills. Their stuffs is all over the place. Even some of their scarlet spear scores arent high. Someone at DE please look into this! These guys are legit exploiting the event. How are you doing a sentient event and your sentient kills dont move? 

That's interesting.  I would image there is a way to cheese it in operator mode.  But the Orphix itself isn't weak to void beam right?  Looks like the amp can do the job against the orphix.  So an operator with big energy economy could be a short cut.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I am curious to see how different the Orphix Venom scores would be against the true infested faction of enemies with the ancient disruptor sapping the energy from the Necramechs. We haven't experienced those yet in Deimos since they don't seem to exist there, but even with a necramech rage mod equipped I would like to see how they fair in the higher levels in terms of an extra challenge, even with running a max range efficiency Hidlryn to support the team on energy. I have even wondered about what a steel path version would be like of the event with those extra variables. 

3rd tier of Orphix is easy in terms of completion but challenging in terms of achieving the highest score. 

Ironically, the Grineer Galleon tileset actually spawns Eximus Leeches every now and then scattered within the Grineer troops that attack you as you casually perform Orphix clean up duty. They are definitely a threat to watch out for and can end your adventures prematurely when left unattended.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Slyagra69 said:

So am I the only one on playstation seeing the top scores? Those people are in duo/solo and are doing better than 4-man squads? There's a person who got 26,845 solo and they have no mastery for the voidrig or bonewidow in their stats. I know for a fact the stock mechs layed out in the tilesets can not help you achieve score past orphix 22 at most. Not to mention the top scores with their voidrig kills dont even come close to their sentient kills. Their stuffs is all over the place. Even some of their scarlet spear scores arent high. Someone at DE please look into this! These guys are legit exploiting the event. How are you doing a sentient event and your sentient kills dont move? 

PC had same problem, it'll be up to DE to weed them out. What they did? I have some ideas, but who knows. Was hoping DE would patch out most of the ways PC originally found to try and get around the scoring system, when porting to console. Would only make sense, with such a long delay before console got the event. But then again, we never will know.

Well let's hope DE does look into it and realize something is very wrong with the amount of points the top 8 on Playstation are getting. Their scores are not matching to the amount of sentient kills they should be getting in their necramechs. I even had someone instantly ignore me when I asked him why he has so little sentient kills but gets 30k+ in one run solo. 

On 2021-01-27 at 5:55 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Attention console Tenno! We’re adjusting Operation: Orphix Venom Clan Scores.

The team agreed with this thoughtful feedback and took a second look at event scores for console Clans. Clan Scores will now be based on console-specific spawn rates! The adjustment requires a hotfix, so expect to start next week with a greeting from Red Text.

After the change goes live, your trophy path will look like this:

Clan Tier

Terracotta

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Ghost

Shadow

Storm

Mountain

Moon

Our mountain clan has scored over 918k so based on this updated score we should have received the gold thropy but Ii looked in my inbox  &, have received nothing so I don't think this is working correctly...

6 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Our mountain clan has scored over 918k so based on this updated score we should have received the gold thropy but Ii looked in my inbox  &, have received nothing so I don't think this is working correctly...

You wont get it through Inbox, go to Dojo and check if gold trophy is available to build

9 hours ago, Myscho said:

You wont get it through Inbox, go to Dojo and check if gold trophy is available to build

I definitely got Inbox mail for each trophy level, shortly after completing a full 36 for the first time (in my Ghost clan).  This was pre-hotfix, so I don't know how this hotfix will affect that though.

Also I will point out the the hotfix will be applied next week according to Danielle's post.

@[DE]Danielle @[DE]Rebecca So another exploit on console for the leaderboards.  About 2 hours ago, someone else got a 35k score and again, they have no necramechs mastered in their profile.  And once again, I know for a fact the ones layered out on tilesets can not outperform a 5-6 forma'd mech.  How has no one looked into this yet? Theres no way people on console should be getting close to the PC scores because we have a much lower spawn rates for the sentients. Not to mention they're exploiting for the phasic cells, and gaining arcanes from running the event like that. Which in turn, is making them free plat when the event ends.

20 minutes ago, Leo_prime88 said:

Please put nitain in normal missions on pc. I was away for a while and i cant even build Lavos now. I cant wait till the next nightwave and there is no ghoul attack. Im dying here 😢

NW Intermission 3 start  tomorrow, you can wait 

Cross posting Megan's post from the Xbox Orphix Venom update thread here for maximum visibility. 

As we did with Operation: Orphix Venom on PC, Leaderboards have been (and will continue to be) cleansed of exploited runs.

On 2021-01-06 at 11:33 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate. 

En 28/1/2021 a las 20:41, Aznvasions dijo:

What I meant was, although the highest scores on PC are double of console, the highest scores do not represent farm runs.

The farm run score on console, which can be achieved by nearly anyone (the 22k mark) if you just put a geared party together and bum rush the Orphix asap instead of killing sentients, which requires basically 0 strategy, is very close to the current leaderboard scores of 25k.

17,100 points come from killing all 36 Orphixes. If you kill all Orphixes ASAP, you will get approximately 5000 bonus points from downtime, corresponding to 2500 seconds, which is 41m 40s of no Orphix being present. The missions are about 56 min long usually. This corresponds to Orphixes being present 25% of the time, and dead 75% of the time. This also means an Orphix is only alive for 23 seconds in the 91 second cycle, which is a very fair estimate (there are teams that can consistently clear an Orphix in <15s when necessary).

In contrast, bum rushing the Orphix on PC will still only net you 22k pts. If you try to assign one person to kill sentients while you do this, you still won’t pass 25k.

Going by the logic of PC high score is 2x console high score, a 22k farm run on console should correspond to a 44k farm run on PC; which is the disparity I’m trying to show. It’s extremely hard to score higher than 40k on PC. Although the top PC score is 2x console, the typical PC farm run is nowhere close and sits only at about 1.5x console at absolute most (22k vs 30-35k).

That is my basis for suggesting cutting prices by 3/8, which sets Energize price from 800 to 500.

The only problem with this suggestion is it devalues killing sentients, as you will get similar farm quantities of arcanes as PC by bum rushing the Orphix instead. While I am kind of fine with this (the strats for high scores are honestly ridiculous compared to all prior operations and events on the game so far), some others may care. That’s why I also have another suggestion below, which will fix instead of the store prices, but the point scaling itself, which is the root of the problem, to enable consoles to achieve identical scores and scaling to PC.

For my alternative suggestion, due to a 8-15k gap between farm scores on console vs PC, I would suggest multiplying the sentient kill points by 3x, which will give similar scores to PC, placing the top console 25k score as a 41k. This would preserve the original “feeling” of the operation and enable console to have the same score granularity and significance on sentient killing PC had.

So far, console is exactly 1 week into the event. I would say that’s a fair judgment, as 50ks didn’t even happen until the final week of the event, and until the final week, there were only about 100 scores above 40k.

I did watch your videos, very informative and with fps on. I agree with you, it´s not 2 to 1, is about 35-40% more so your assumption of 3/8 is right for me. The problem is we have people in the leaderboards cheating the runs, obtaining 45000 points in Xbox. We are reporting that, but if they continue doing cheats, we won´t have the adjust.

Thanks for the vids by the way. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-02 at 5:28 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Cross posting Megan's post from the Xbox Orphix Venom update thread here for maximum visibility. 

As we did with Operation: Orphix Venom on PC, Leaderboards have been (and will continue to be) cleansed of exploited runs.

@[DE]Danielle @[DE]Rebecca Some people just don't learn at all from the last leaderboard wipe you guys did. There are some top players on Playstion that are using the close app and rejoin exploit to get points after players extract and they have only spent less than 5 minutes in the mission. Meaning that they can get 27k or higher without really doing anything in the event and they are carrying other players to get scores for their profile, as well as to climb up the leaderboard ranks.

Here is an example of the close app and rejoin exploit with someone extracting and another player jumping seconds later. This can also be used with the exploit to get passive points from glitching out the orphix from spawning in. Watch someone leave upon spawning in at the start of the mission and a random getting an invite to replace them. They do the mission and watch only one person extract when its time to do so. The person that left in the beginning jumped back in moments later.

THERES NO WAY IN THE KNOWN WAFRAME UNIVERSE THAT THOSE VIDEOS ABOVE ME THAT I JUST POSTED ARE LEGIT!!!! Those 4 players are manipulating the resonators, orphix spawns, sentient spawns, etc to keep climbing higher in the playstation leaderboards by 2-3k everyday! And one of those 4 players have said to me that they don't do exploit runs and yet the 2 videos above me are pure exploit runners. You could have the best build for the voidrig and I know it is impossible to hit constant red crit numbers using the arquebex. Let alone have that much fire rate on it. It'd be a shame if these players still had their score and accounts after you guys watch and see what they do in those two videos.

Am 28.1.2021 um 23:22 schrieb (PSN)Slyagra69:

So am I the only one on playstation seeing the top scores? Those people are in duo/solo and are doing better than 4-man squads? There's a person who got 26,845 solo and they have no mastery for the voidrig or bonewidow in their stats. I know for a fact the stock mechs layed out in the tilesets can not help you achieve score past orphix 22 at most. Not to mention the top scores with their voidrig kills dont even come close to their sentient kills. Their stuff is all over the place. Even some of their scarlet spear scores arent high. Someone at DE please look into this! These guys are legit exploiting the event. How are you doing a sentient event and your sentient kills dont move? 

One of my friends had such a ,,solo'' run as well,with sth like 40k even, the reason being the other 3 people did a better score than him with another player while he was not available,therefore it appeared like it were a solo run. This is a unique case however there are many factors which can lead to such a case,3 people doing another run getting wiped,doing a better run, etc. Just because it looks like its solo ,doesnt mean it is. Even the top squad on PC was 3 man for a very short time because one of the people in the squad were afraid of a early wipe and aborted,therefore 3 people left the mission and it looked like 3 man run despite being done 4 man. Leaderboards generally tell you only the score of the mission,not how it was achieved,please keep that in mind before accusing anyone / there is also sth called carrying,which we did on PC as well)

Here an example of someone I personally know got carried by 3 other people.

unknown.png

u see a score of 32k quite high,for casuals and not leaderboard hunts,40k could easily be achieved with 3 people only,assuming perfect execution,tile,gear etc. so 3 people carrying someone to 40k is not impossible,at least not on PC (i do not own a console and cannot evaluate console runs tbh)

unknown.png

The same person(obviously) without any necramech tho.

This person did not do anything illegal,he simply got carried by 3 others, iirc he only helped with the pillars using a Zenith,thats about all he did.

Archived