Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me settle a dispute

RogueBullet

Question

I have a friend that thinks the "Random Colors" button picks from all color pallets and not just the ones available. I have clicked through repeatedly to show that it only picks from pallets available, but he discounts this as "anecdotal". Does the random button now or has it ever picked from all pallets?

4 answers to this question

On PC there was a bug that let people use colors they didnt have but its been...years, I think. 

And it wasnt so much being able to snag colors from any palette but rather, players who had the introductory palette could hit random and have colors that were locked until they bought the entire thing. 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

It has never picked from all pallets, only available pallets.
However in the past there was a time when it would pick colors from only a single (random) available pallet.

It doesn’t do this anymore? I swear it still just picks from 1 colour set right?

This was why random did not turn out god awful. The colour sets work together...

:( 

23 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

It doesn’t do this anymore? I swear it still just picks from 1 colour set right?

This was why random did not turn out god awful. The colour sets work together...

:( 

To my knowledge it currently pulls colors from all available pallets.  I too was annoyed by the change.  Usually the pallets are themed, and in general work well within themselves, but not so much when you get random colors from different pallets.  Especially when it pulls from 4 different pallets.  I could be wrong though.  It's been a while since I actually did random colors.

There's also an annoying thing where if you try to apply a look that includes any of the "classic" colors (you know, the ones you start with?) it will demand that you buy the whole pallet even if the colors needed are the free ones that everyone has access to.

Archived