Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavos Keeping Elemental Combos

(XBOX)TheMadCash

I don’t know if this was suggested already but after messing around with Larvos. He is in deed fun to play but I feel like he is one good change from being even greater. The change is keeping the imbued element for all abilities until you imbue another element. Not trying to nitpick but having to imbue elements after every ability cast on a caster frame is kinda a lot. 
I don’t know if this change would be too great to get. Or maybe DE wants us to get six packs on our thumbs (on controller) but it just seems too much sometimes. Anyone else agrees or is there nothing really to complain about this Warframe?

11 hours ago, Miser_able said:

eh, that could still be a bit clunky, cause you might now want to use the same element constantly. if youre building for his 4 you want all of his powers to do a different element to stack as much as you can

I understand. But the way I think of it is. If your fused Viral. Then all of your abilities will constantly to viral unless you imbue another element. Like for example. You’ll have viral on all your abilities. Then if you imbue toxin. Viral immediately switch to toxin. All abilities will deal toxin until you imbue another element. Then if you imbue electric, turning into corrosive. With this change you always dealing another element into your abilities. I find it a little less frustrating than it is now. 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cash201293 said:

I understand. But the way I think of it is. If your fused Viral. Then all of your abilities will constantly to viral unless you imbue another element. Like for example. You’ll have viral on all your abilities. Then if you imbue toxin. Viral immediately switch to toxin. All abilities will deal toxin until you imbue another element. Then if you imbue electric, turning into corrosive. With this change you always dealing another element into your abilities. I find it a little less frustrating than it is now. 

that works for when youre using the dual elements perhaps, but what if I want to swap between tox and heat. id get gas, I dont want gas I wanted heat.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

that works for when youre using the dual elements perhaps, but what if I want to swap between tox and heat. id get gas, I dont want gas I wanted heat.

I guess the quick fix for that would be imbuing the heat element twice. Once to get the combo gas element & then once again so it can just be heat. 

He needs something in the way of QOL.  Holding twice for a combo between each ability use is obnoxious.  On the bright side, it means modding for negative efficiency makes a lot of sense on Lavos- you don't have to use your powers as much.

I know, I know.  No one is making me use my powers.  But Lavos feels crappy to play right now with the hold, hold, tap.  I'm thankful for the hold/tap options we now have, but that's still not enough to make Lavos playable for me.

7 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

He needs something in the way of QOL.  Holding twice for a combo between each ability use is obnoxious.  On the bright side, it means modding for negative efficiency makes a lot of sense on Lavos- you don't have to use your powers as much.

I know, I know.  No one is making me use my powers.  But Lavos feels crappy to play right now with the hold, hold, tap.  I'm thankful for the hold/tap options we now have, but that's still not enough to make Lavos playable for me.

I have little trouble getting elemental combos between cooldowns of his abilities. I only have issues doing Gas and Magnetic, since I cant press opposing directions on my DPAD without breaking the DPAD.

Pressing and holding buttons constantly is not really an issue to me, and i'm on console 

the problem i've had is remembering the right elemental combo sequences to counter different enemy types.

it's like you're just starting to play the guitar, and you are confused between reading the musical notes and actually playing them. 

Archived