Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me, or is Lavos an eyesore?

(XBOX)ShoeSeller6368

Il y a 1 heure, vegetosayajin a dit :

No I said I wanted it to last longer, completely the opposite.

No, my criticism was for the implementation of the system, as I said in the end - it's cool to have a cooldown system but that won't have to be in exchange of actual usefulness in the game mechanics. I'll give you an example - if you give rhino's skin or revenant's skin as well a cooldown mechanic it won't be a problem because you want to cast those abilities as little as possible(if you mod and use them right).
Or Vauban's 4 for example, you won't notice the cd if you have modded it right(a.k.a. you can mod for duration etc.).Those two are at the top of my head but on most frames I like to use as little abilities as possible and as little as possible(the exact opposite of spamming) to do the job.
You said it's a cool way to avoid spamming but from my point of view lavos is one of the bigger spammers out there, because of the way his abilities work/are implemented.
That's why I said I wished to at least be able to mod his 3 for more duration so I won't have to spam it - because that way I will be able to mod him to my preference.

If the hordes in this horde shooter game were less (in terms of numbers per second) this system will be the best imo.

any heavy attack weapon with life strike heals him to full in one strike btw

1st quote : ah whatever I missread then. Tho if it could be made longer, then the CD reduction on the  other abilities would be reduced that much more, potentially making it too easy to reduce those to nothing.

2nd quote : if rhino/rev were to have CD, those would be 5 minutes long at least. Vauban's 4 should not be able to be modded to last such amount of time that you don't notice the CD. The point of a CD is to impose some downtime. You seem to assume that those would be somewhat the same as Lavos, which wouldn't make any sense. If you don't notice the CD, it entirely negates the point of having CD in the first place. That's why the energy is completely and uterly broken, we don't even notice it anymore, it has completely lost its place as a limiting factor.

3d quote : yeah I forgot about this mod, never use it because magus repair is a thing. Tho my point still holds for the more exotic functions of the other abilities.

On 2021-01-24 at 3:57 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

As much as I love the game, we're supposed to be in the future....a lot of skins are way too chunky and have too many protruding parts. Like what's up with that new kneeguard they just released? The one with the long protruding thing coming straight out from the knee? 

Basically only Banshee, Nova, Mag, and a few other that have sleek and slim profiles are appealing. 

I can't event stand Saryns skins even though she's a great frame. I want that darn boil off her leg, and the deluxe just has big flowers that get in the way. 

Who said anything about future being sleek? That's a comparitively recent trend.

I mean, compare the Enterprise to... well, the Enterprise.

Spoiler

Every "Star Trek" USS Enterprise, Ranked

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) - Wikipedia

Latest build | USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Reboot version) | private universe  timeline

Not to mention certain Star Wars ships:

Spoiler

Millennium Falcon - WikipediaI made a 3D model of Dash Rendar's Outrider : StarWars

Starwars B-Wing 3D printable model | CGTrader

Aaand for good measure, some other assorted Sci-fi.

Spoiler

Space Marine (Warhammer 40,000) - Wikipedia

RoboCop Returns' Will Feature Original Suit

Titanfall Titan Ogre , Png Download - Titan Titanfall, Transparent Png - vhv

This may or may not have been an excuse to post some cool Sci-Fi stuff.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Who said anything about future being sleek? That's a comparitively recent trend.

I mean, compare the Enterprise to... well, the Enterprise.

Hide contents

Every "Star Trek" USS Enterprise, Ranked

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) - Wikipedia

Latest build | USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Reboot version) | private universe  timeline

Not to mention certain Star Wars ships:

Hide contents

Millennium Falcon - WikipediaI made a 3D model of Dash Rendar's Outrider : StarWars

Starwars B-Wing 3D printable model | CGTrader

Aaand for good measure, some other assorted Sci-fi.

Hide contents

Space Marine (Warhammer 40,000) - Wikipedia

RoboCop Returns' Will Feature Original Suit

Titanfall Titan Ogre , Png Download - Titan Titanfall, Transparent Png - vhv

This may or may not have been an excuse to post some cool Sci-Fi stuff.

Ah yes fair point lol. Although the enterprise does still have a sleek look, it's just massive. The uniforms the enterprise crew wear are slim fitting with minor detail and their interior is nice and clean looking, compared to the Borg ship for example, which looks like a dark industrial nightmare, although....wasn't the Borg supposed to be pretty advanced as well? So I guess it doesn't actually matter. 

I was more thinking along the lines of how tony stark made his suits progressively more streamlined, and how black Panthers suit was slim fitting and also sleek. The Volt Proto skin is a good example as well, even though it has the lightbulbs on the shoulder, that's about it.

6 minutes ago, Ordel said:

Count the amount of spikes on there and the number of assymetrical shapes.

Notice how the blade can't 'just' be a blade, it has to have pieces cut out of it 'because warframe'.

Same pattern for everything. Take a regular item. Make it assymetrical, cut pieces out of it and plaster spikes everywhere.

From decals to warframe textures to every cosmetic item.

Sort of like a half-melted transformer toy.

1c8b0c92dd5dd5ddb9cee9cd146eb41d.jpg

If you lid that on fire and put it out before it melted completely you'd have warframe art direction.

I named the theme "clay spikes".

• 2 months later...

Im just going to say honestly the whole design for lavos is honestly one of the best in my opinion i mean he's very bulky and menacing looking and i know a lot of you dont like the asymmetrical design with the tubes but honestly i think it adds to his whole aesthetic and over time i started to love his helmet

Am 28.1.2021 um 22:37 schrieb (PSN)Frost_Nephilim:

No energy drain when facing infested

no issue at all if you have arcane energize lvl 5 ...
there are alternatives like sand by the sea

Am 27.1.2021 um 17:41 schrieb (NSW)IronElemental:

I dont really see the issue with (most) spamming warframes?

If i wanna spam abilities all over the place, almost half my build is dedicated to doing just that. Primed Flow, Streamline, Hunter Adrenaline, sometimes even that energy regen aura, Arcane Energise and my operator is pretty much always on Zenurik, locking me out of those Naramon combo counter abilities to reliably 1 shot rooms with a stick.

It actually takes a bit of dedication to spam effectively, from multiple angles into your build.

The only spam things i often see complaints about are Saryn and Octavia, because they wipe everything off the map before their allies get to see what it even looked like. Then on the other hand, it can be nice to help out some clanmates with leveling their stuff fast, by bringing Saryn to a round of hydron.

lavos like gara is definitely top for railjack battle mods spam. but otherwise? well ...
i like nekros, wukong, wisp etc. much more. especially wukong has a first-class skill set and you can replace his 4th with something useful. i like auto-hack for example.
for me lavos is nothing special.

I despised it at first, besides the helmet. There are still things about him that bother me, like how the thick pipes on his default helmet combined with his default colour scheme and the knob-like protrusions on his shoulders together really seem to step into Grineer territory. However, despite liking the asymmetrical, bone-like helmet right away, the rest of him just didn't click for me when I first saw him. It just looked like a random collection of shapes.

Then, of course, I put my mind to it and realised, piece by piece, what I had been missing. Those fleshy ribbons on his forearms? They're SNAKES, of course, how did I not recognise that instantly?! They have little eye-like balls and everything. Alchemy? Snakes? Mercury's Caduceus rod? It was so obvious. Then I realised that the glass knobs on his shoulders are for holding liquid, and that the stringy details around his waist were holsters for vials. Once those mysteries were cleared up, I liked the design quite a bit. I don't know if the tailcoat piece was a great idea, as it kind of pulls in Hydroid's direction, and I know I don't like the thick, leathery pipe details, but everything else is solid and very Tenno-like.

To me, Lavos looks just fine overall. Now that I've gotten more used to Chroma it doesn't bother me as much as it once did, but regular Zephyr remains hideous. She's the wind Warframe? She can fly? She's a bird now, with a big beak and leathery tail feathers. Enjoy. (luckily, Zephyr Prime's subtle changes improve the design by leagues, IMO)

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." 

Whether something "looks good" is an entirely personal thing. For example I do not care for the vast majority of Prime weapons and most frames. I find the designs "noisy" while most people I meet are all about that gold. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived