Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Tearing after yesterday's update (PS5)

(PSN)Galeplay

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We're currently in the process of tracking down any severe cases of screen-tearing on the PS5, so if you could provide some examples where this might occur, it would be greatly appreciated. For example, we've already begun looking into the tearing that occurs when leaving navigation, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. More examples like that could help us track down the culprit(s).

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We're currently in the process of tracking down any severe cases of screen-tearing on the PS5, so if you could provide some examples where this might occur, it would be greatly appreciated. For example, we've already begun looking into the tearing that occurs when leaving navigation, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. More examples like that could help us track down the culprit(s).

Thanks!

I'm getting screen tearing everywhere. Orbit, in game etc, loading to mission...

1 hour ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Thanks!

When I started to play I felt frames drop which caused screen tearing whilst doing the crime scene glassmaker sequences.

On 2021-01-22 at 5:01 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

Thanks!

Wanted to say it’s on the PS4 as well as my ex is having issues.

We’ve noticed it on:

Missions (turning quickly seems to affect it most)

Changing from the Arsenal to your pet, or leaving the Arsenal.

Thanks!

Hi, mine is happening on PS4. I don't know if there's a seperate topic for that one? My screen tearing is happening whenever I back out of both navigation and mods. 

Happens constantly, but only when something is happening on screen. And by that, I mean any major movements:
- Jumping
- Moving camera up and down without even moving the character while in a railjack (inside of a railjack mission)
- Going out of any ship segment (Arsenal, helminth, etc.) or any other camera movement caused by yourself or the game's interactions (it appears as if tearing only happens on the beginning of that movement, as in, it won't happen the whole jump, etc. )

If this helps, I play with most visual settings in a way that might use the gpu more (full FOV, ludicrous particules, etc), but disabling those didn't lead to any noticeable changes

I'm on a 27inch 4k 60hz monitor with the fast response time mode enabled (it's 1ms) and even in normal mode it happens, so it isn't display related

Thanks!

I found a couple of examples in the Ship its self, when going from the companion screen to your Warframe.

Link to Video: https://twitter.com/DrTravestyTV/status/1355901388505690112?s=20

• 3 weeks later...

Getting screen tear in upper third of my 42" display on PS5. Happens on orbiter, in mission, menus. Pretty much everywhere. My wife is getting the same amount of screen tear on her PS4 pro on 55" display. Both displays have had no issues prior to the update where all this began to happen.

Thanks!

Some examples? LMAO the entire game has been tearing since PS5 version came out! Weirdly playing the PS4 version on PS5 doesn't have any tearing!

PS5 version is near unplayable. I tried every setting on my Samsung Q80T QLED 4K UHD HDR 2020 tv, even disabling enhancements such as clear-motion and turning on Game Mode

No other game has this issue! Every 2 seconds the screen tears. Any type of movement. The only time it is stable is in menus.

@[DE]Steve any chance you could rewrite the rendering engine again, or add a v-sync option for consoles?? 

My tv is 4k 60fps HDR mode and the tearing is actually sickening. This needs to be addressed ASAP

Played the Outriders demo on PS5 in HDR 4k 60 FPS, absolutely no screen tearing at all

Warframe rendering engine is clearly broken @[DE]Momawmaybe you can have someone on the team take a look, instead of @[DE]Steve ignoring it for months and @[DE]Linkskiacting as if it hasnt been happening since November?

V sync option would be a good band aid fix in the meantime

Otherwise time to scrap the game and start fresh in Unreal Engine, the tearing is painful to play with and may actually trigger seizures in epileptic players

We need a fix ASAP before someone dies

On 2021-02-24 at 10:11 AM, (PSN)corpusbonds said:

Still happening as well on my PS5, and my ex’s PS5. Prior to getting her PS5, it was happening to her PS4 as well.

Edit: Also the frame rate drop has gotten significantly worse. This is also happening to my ex and it is not our internet as other online games work flawlessly.

We're currently in the process of testing a couple of fixes that might help with screen-tearing. If everything goes to plan, then you should hopefully have them soon.

Regarding the frame rate drop you mentioned, could you please give us an example (or a few examples) of where you've noticed this occur? Thanks!

Archived