Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building larger planets

(XBOX)Nightseid

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Besides what would this bring to the table? The existing open world already barely make use of the space they have.

More exploration, possibly more missions. 

Been on a brake playing Zelda Breathe of the Wild and Cyberpunk 2077. Playing these games reminds me what is missing in the current open worlds.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Besides what would this bring to the table? The existing open world already barely make use of the space they have.

Absolutely agree. What's the sense of a bigger open map when the activieties we get on them are a copy-paste of the normal starchart missions, not even scaled to the available space? Everything boils down to a 500m archwing rush to a spot to conduct a mobile defense/exterminate in a limited radius, rinse and repeat. Normal starchart content in the same scripted locations and a lot of wasted space around. We got 3 open landscape projects in the course of 3 years and nothing innovative was offered, with the exception of a couple of boss fights...

Let DE first understand how to design content that truly takes advantage of the open map, from the gameplay point of view instead of the aestethical point only. PoE, OV and CD are still virgin space with lot of potential to work on.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

More exploration, possibly more missions. 

Been on a brake playing Zelda Breathe of the Wild and Cyberpunk 2077. Playing these games reminds me what is missing in the current open worlds.

These games are also designed with open worlds in mind. Warframe wasn't.

That's not to say Open Worlds can't work, just that they'd need to be different to suit Warframe's needs.

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

ahahahaha, oh my, that was a good one.

anyway, if you want to play Star Citizen, why don't you play Star Citizen? oh, right, because it's not a game, but a scam.

If you want to play Star Citizen, play Elite Dangerous or No Man's Sky, depending on what you want from the game. Probably NMS in this particular instance given the request for planetary exploration.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

If they are looking to be more like an MMORPG then the open world's need to be larger and have more quests sprinkled around.

I don't think they are though.. PvE content is designed to fit 4 player groups right now, and their plan to grow it is the 'squad link system' which is opt-in missions where people can choose to indirectly help each other.

A year or so before Railjack existed I asked if we would be able to fly the Orbiter around the solar system and visit planets and missions that way, instead of only being able to click icons on the star chart. I wasn't expecting to be able to land on the planet like No Man's Sky, just a more interesting transition between zones while we do things on the orbiter instead of having loading screens. I think Railjack has been a pretty good compromise so far - I love the navigation warp and piloting mode.

Archived