Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost Loot Delivery Station NEEDED

(PSN)BMWWOW

Posting on behalf of a friend of mine (Warframe buddy) who lives in an Eastern country where, yes even in 2021, electricity is literally rationed.  He is a very competent player, but far too often the city where he lives (the power company) will cut off his electricity at an unexpected time, and this happens DAILY for him.

Tonight we were all playing Orphix Venom and had been at it for a while (a good 30 minutes at least) and we were even running for extraction when his electricity got cut.... and he lost EVERYTHING.  100% of the loot, the mods, the drops, the points.... All of it.  
His frustration was notable to say the least.

This made me think about another game I play called BORDERLANDS 3, where you have a station onboard your ship where "Lost Loot" shows up if you did not pick it up in-game during a mission.

Warframe NEEDS a Lost Loot station on the Orbiter for EXACTLY this reason & these problems.

FAR too many times have I heard about similar circumstances where people lose 100% of their well-grinded loot & well-earned rewards because of a game glitch, or a power problem, or an internet problem, etc, etc, etc.  A Loot Delivery Station like the one found in Borderlands 3 would relieve sooooo much grief for these people.

Basically the idea is that anything that was in the Player's INVENTORY as Rewards & Loot picked up / earned / rewarded during the mission would be delivered to that station if for any reason the player had to leave, was accidentally booted, their internet went down, etc.

Could something like this be added to the game?  I think MANY MANY players would LOVE this idea and welcome it.

Definitely agree that there should be something in place to help protect people and their rewards from situations like this that tend to be out of our control (host migration, power outages, internet issues, etc).  Instead of this Lost Loot Station thing though, DE could take the function that already exists in open worlds that saves loot and such when completing bounties (and supposedly when you switch to fishing spear or mining tool) and expand that to regular missions.   They could even refine that function for all aspects of the game while they're at it (adding a visual indicator that rewards have been successfully saved would be nice).  Due to how regular missions tend to work, it would make sense for progress to be saved after each successful rotation or when all main objectives have been completed for non-endless, though non-endless missions probably wouldn't even need that with how short they tend to be.

I think you misunderstand DE's intentions.  They do not care if you lose loot/time/progression because of things that are beyond your control.  If they did, they would already have better systems in place for dealing with it.  I can absolutely guarantee that they see people losing progress due to a dropped connection or lose of power or even bugs that they left in the game as nothing more than increased engagement numbers.  Now that's progression you have to do twice.  It's free additional content as far as their concerned.

If it wasn't like that, their support team would actually be helpful, instead of so graciously offering you a single, solitary item back in the event their game bugs out and crashes or you can't complete a mission due entirely to progression breaking bugs.  But they don't have a better support team than that because it isn't worth it to them to make things right when there's an issue.  There is zero financial incentive for them to correct these issues in anyway, so they aren't going to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-25 at 8:15 AM, (XBOX)TooMad said:

Has he tried a UPS? It should give him long enough to get to extraction as long as the provider is on another part of the grid or has their own backups. He can even get a bitty one for the cable/DSL modem.

This sounds like a great suggestion - can you point me towards any kind of specific UPS that you think would do the trick?
I will pass along the suggestion.  Thank you.  🙂

I A

On 2021-01-24 at 9:17 AM, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Posting on behalf of a friend of mine (Warframe buddy) who lives in an Eastern country where, yes even in 2021, electricity is literally rationed.  He is a very competent player, but far too often the city where he lives (the power company) will cut off his electricity at an unexpected time, and this happens DAILY for him.

Tonight we were all playing Orphix Venom and had been at it for a while (a good 30 minutes at least) and we were even running for extraction when his electricity got cut.... and he lost EVERYTHING.  100% of the loot, the mods, the drops, the points.... All of it.  
His frustration was notable to say the least.

This made me think about another game I play called BORDERLANDS 3, where you have a station onboard your ship where "Lost Loot" shows up if you did not pick it up in-game during a mission.

Warframe NEEDS a Lost Loot station on the Orbiter for EXACTLY this reason & these problems.

FAR too many times have I heard about similar circumstances where people lose 100% of their well-grinded loot & well-earned rewards because of a game glitch, or a power problem, or an internet problem, etc, etc, etc.  A Loot Delivery Station like the one found in Borderlands 3 would relieve sooooo much grief for these people.

Basically the idea is that anything that was in the Player's INVENTORY as Rewards & Loot picked up / earned / rewarded during the mission would be delivered to that station if for any reason the player had to leave, was accidentally booted, their internet went down, etc.

Could something like this be added to the game?  I think MANY MANY players would LOVE this idea and welcome it.

I agree that something must be done, and this is especially useful for the case when the loot from an enemy goes outside map bounds.

1 hour ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

This sounds like a great suggestion - can you point me towards any kind of specific UPS that you think would do the trick?
I will pass along the suggestion.  Thank you.  🙂

This is the newer (and available for purchase) model of the one that keeps my modem up without interruption.

https://www.amazon.com/APC-Battery-Protector-Back-UPS-BE425M-dp-B01HDC236Q/dp/B01HDC236Q/

This keeps my larger devices running without interruption. I wasn't home for the longer loss of power but the PS4 had been getting yanked out of rest mode semi-frequently and that went away. As did occasional brown outs cutting off my internet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8ZMTAQ/

On 2021-02-09 at 12:15 AM, (XBOX)TooMad said:

This is the newer (and available for purchase) model of the one that keeps my modem up without interruption.

https://www.amazon.com/APC-Battery-Protector-Back-UPS-BE425M-dp-B01HDC236Q/dp/B01HDC236Q/

This keeps my larger devices running without interruption. I wasn't home for the longer loss of power but the PS4 had been getting yanked out of rest mode semi-frequently and that went away. As did occasional brown outs cutting off my internet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8ZMTAQ/

Fantastic!  I just cut and pasted that and sent him the info.  🙂  🙂  🙂

I agree that this would be awesome, but don't expect it any time soon as I think it would be somewhat expensive to implement as they need to store exactly what you've gained at the point when you've disconnected and probably add an entirely new screen for the pickup as "Mission Complete" would be a bit strange, though I can also see that working if you just get it immediately after logging in (provided your squad actually finished the mission).

Archived