What did you hate the most about Nightwave S3 The glass maker?

With Nightwave S3 at an end and quite alot of dislike coming from the community.

Personally i hated the nihil boss fight to the point I just gave up, mostly due to the platforms and his stupid one shot sword.

also i disliked the glassed enemy's, super annoying when running solo arbys with lv 150+ enemy and the arby drones.

imo S3 was the worst for (game mechanics) so far.

(ill come back after a few days to tally what was disliked the most for a feedback post) 

Edited by killerKronos23

The resonance fractures or whatever they were called that randomly glassed enemies. It was so frequent and annoying, and only served to get you the little glass shards which you never needed because you would always cap out at 20. You needed what, 50 total over the entire almost 9 months?

Or maybe that the story was so uninteresting? I couldn't even begin to tell you how the crime scenes tied into the story, or why Nihil was involved, and I don't care.

Or maybe that over almost 9 months we still didn't have a way to sprint in the crime scenes, even though the Leverian has had that feature for ages?

Or maybe that it took almost 9 months for this thing to run its course?

Or maybe that there was only like 5 new items in the cred store? The 3 weapon skins which you can't color with dark colors for *reasons*, the decoration, and one alt helmet I think... I ended up with 1.2k credits - and I stopped 50 ranks early! I bought some Wolf Beacons and spent the rest on Kuva which I'll never use because DE refuses to improve Rivens and I refuse to interact with them anymore.

Or maybe that another 6 month Intermission feels inevitable?

idk, Glassmaker sucked.

• Like 11

I hated that the glassed enemies would spawn in alerted when I'm trying to do a stealth run for the affinity bonuses. It got to a point where if I so much as heard Nora say anything I was automatically abandoning the mission. As far as I was concerned it was better to restart the mission when I just wanted to get the stealth affinity and be done with whatever it was I was leveling.

Also, I didn't like the slow walks through the detective portions. The idea was interesting but towards the end I was getting real tired of slowly traversing large rooms to pixel hunt. If we could have just had the normal movement I'd be certainly fine with it.

• Like 13

The detective-ing stuff. Moving like a slug in a big environment, looking for tiny objects. It was all so boring and bad. Frankly, I'd much rather they showed their dioramas in a Code Vein Vestige Investigation walking simulator-like fashion than... this. Or heck, show us a static picture a la Phoenix Wright and let us investigate the hotspots. Anything could have been better than the way they did it.

And, you know, the general fact that Nightwave exists. Still hate that very much.

• Like 13

What I dislike the most about Series 3 is the Cephalites (enemies glassed by Nihil). They break the momentum in stealth runs, especially during Conservation out in the Open Worlds. I don't like making Nora the scapegoat, especially since the Nihil fight revealed how much of a jewel Nora is to us.

On the other hand, the Vitrica is by far the most generous weapon reward compared to the Pathocyst and heavens forbid the Wolf Sledge. The cosmetics are decent, alongside with the Nightwave Landing Craft and a more practical Air Support too.

• Like 1

What did I hate most?  It's existence.  The crime scenes were tedious, the "story" was nonsensical, the random enemies were incredibly annoying *and* poorly designed (with the explosion as they die sometimes apparently bugging out and causing MASSIVE damage to defense targets) and the final boss "fight" was a hateful mess that depended on ENTIRELY IGNORING EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EQUIPPED to make it "challenging."  The fact that Nightwave *also* ran for what felt like nearly a solid year did not improve my opinion of it.

• Like 17
3 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Pretty much everything. I would be glad to not hear Nora Night for a long, LONG time.

You're in for a big, BIG dissapointment, lol.

• Like 2

It's length, not being able opt out of it. The weak spots. They had such terrible hitboxes.

At least the boss fight was nice. For once I had to do something other than sit there eating bullets while the boss is also eating bullets or dies instantly because I looked at him.

I never realized how annoying glass enemies were until I just stopped doing NW. I got everything I wanted, passively obtaining potatoes from completing stuff on accident, but when I started playing Sp lately, glass enemies kill a run for me more often than not. Yes ik I can use a melee weapon, I was even using the stropha since it potentially one shots glass enemies, but I wanna use other stuff and not have to worry about glass enemies not being affected by say, Xaku's gaze or something like that, it ruins camping and such so easily. Point is...glass enemies. They are both necessary and annoying at the same time, and that's the only thing I hated about Glassmaker.

20 minutes ago, killerKronos23 said:

Well, I dislike this thread more than Nightwave III, since it aims solely at "hating". In this day and age, "hate" is what we should be focusing on...?

What I mostly disliked (and no, I  didn't "hate" anything) was that it felt "much, much too long", mostly due to having 30 reward ranks and several times as many additional "filler" ranks (depending on how much you play and cared to do the dailies & weeklies). That is simply a ridiculous concept, you play it with some focus for the rewards for a couple of months and then another half year (!) with no focus at all because all you will ever get is a 15 NW credit pop per rank, up until DE decides to call the series quits. At least put in some "special reward" at every 30th filler rank and some "not so special" rewards every 10th or 15th filler rank in between. Then there would at least be something to look forward to.

• Like 4

The first time i did the boss fight, i was using Nezha. Let me tell you, that slide boost was not of any benefit but a massive detriment with how limited the ledges were, so i gave up and tried again. Easy, yet getting one shotted on inaros was lame. Good thing i didn't need to do all that "detective" BS again. The other clue things were fine, but the wall hanging clue in the last one was too much for some reason. Walking in circles isn't exactly engaging. And the glass enemies. If i could have, i would have waited until Nora was glass until ending Nihil. The oh so SWEET SILENCE. Resonate the glass up your ass, Nora.

9 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Well, I dislike this thread more than Nightwave III, since it aims solely at "hating". In this day and age, "hate" is what we should be focusing on...?

Yes, as it helps people band together. I doubt they will band against DE in a more literal fashion than sharing the things that were annoying in this.

• Like 1

Me - doing exterminate

Nora: ----

Me - doing survival

Me - doing bounties

Me - fishing, mining, concervation, a stealth mission, cracking a riven that wants me to be undetected

Nora: dReAmEr

• Like 14

I'm cool with the glassed enemies and resonance events, and I thought Nihil was a fun fight.

However, I hated the investigation parts of it. I'm not a very observant person, and the clues Nora wanted me to find tends to blend in way too well with the rest of the environment so I spent an unreasonable amount of time wandering the crime scenes looking for evidence.

The duration, the glass enemies and the duration. Too damn long. 

Idea: 12 weeks normal duration for actual seasons, 6 to 12 month long intermissions, bringing back rewards from the previous seasons. So that this "you're stuck for up to years with annoying mechanics (like molotov throwing aholes)" can stop. 

Edited by (XBOX)TyeGoo

Everything was fine to me, except those few rare occasions where I'm doing a riven challenge where the objective should not take any hit and suddenly a glass enemy spawn in my trap protecting the objective and explode right after. Making me fail the riven challenge.

• Like 1