Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you hate the most about Nightwave S3 The glass maker?

killerKronos23

Nihil's stupid head jewelry. I am still trying to draw it.

On a more serious note, I would have liked the cephalite enemies to stop after finishing the boss fight. The standing you get for them is negligible.

The slow movement was also annoying-in the smaller scenes it was ok, but especially the large scene was frustrating, because I couldn't find the handcuffs at first. Some people had the idea to make the 'pulse' show the direction of an item, which I agree on.

As a solo player I was also annoyed that I got so many recovered missions for the railjack content, but that is a 'me problem'. (And I actually managed to solo some railjack missions in the end, so it wasn't that bad).

The boss fight was ok.

I love the little decoration we get as the reward for the quest line. I would annoy the hell out of the guy, if I could.

glassed enemies! absolute worst, especially when i'm trying to stealth or do riven challenges or solo something! i just did a solo tier 1 bounty in the vallis and my excavator almost died cus a bunch of glassed enemies spawned, meaning i had to break off all their clusters etc whilst concentrating on the drones shooting from afara

they need to stop with these spawning enemies because the standing they provide has NEVER been worth the hassle! if they insist on season enemies, maybe have them effect planets or nodes separately on a cycle, like kuva siphon missions  

Like usual, the fact that crucial information is very rarely communicated well or at all in game. I’ve been at above tier 30 on the NW track for ages and figured I was sitting on a chair sized stack of glass resonance and that I would get around to the Perry Mason stuff eventually and do it in a single sitting.

Flash forward to this week, I just happen to be walking in the part of the orbiter where news is displayed in a tiny font and I see that Nightwave will be ending today. I think, okay; I’ll have some free time this weekend. I’ll blow through it all then. Every other game with a battle pass like system at least attempts to make an accurate in-game timer to the end but, whatever, I have a bazillion glass resonance, I’ll be fine.

Then, while while working on mystery 2/5, I’m suddenly out of glass resonance. How can this be, I think. I’ve been collecting it all series long. I’ve collected well over 100.

Turns out, it was arbitrarily capped at 20 that can be held in your inventory. I don’t see why this should be anticipated. If a cap for any other resource exists, it must be in the trillions, because I have yet to reach it.

I was told in chat that the cap was denoted when hovering over a mystery number in the nightwave screen. I don’t know why I should have anticipated that a contextless “X/Y” signified that Y is an arbitrary maximum that you can hold in your inventory. Every other time an “X/Y” has appeared, in the forge for example, Y is a cost, not a cap.

Warframe will give you a notification on startup for patches detailing changes. I don’t see why they can’t do so for critical information like the Nightwave end date and the resource cap.

According to the Warframe wiki, the x/20 was added to the nightwave screen midway through the seasons. This means that, through feedback, DE became aware that the cap was not clearly communicated and there solution was:

1. Keep the cap.

2. Add a contextless X/20 to a screen to a tool tip that only expats on hover.

3. Don’t mention that players felt confused about the cap anywhere else in game. Thereby allowing players who never heard about the original controversy to continue to be completely unaware that there was an arbitrary, unneeded, and poorly communicated cap on glass resonance.

isn't it obvious? the colour of Nora's background is an eyesore!

the glassbois will not be missed. at all. I PRAY that if DE insist on adding special enemies to the next Nightwave, they at least give us the option to turn them off for games that we host. that way I don't have to put up with them being a pain any longer than I have to. that, and how slow we walk in the crime scenes. I know running means you would miss evidence, but you don't need to walk like an 80 year old with two broken legs and a bad case of polio.

everything else was OK: the murder mystery theme was interesting, the Vitrica is a very nice blade, and I love the Frakta Shoulders and Heuris Polearm Skin. the Landing Craft looks cool even if the ability is trash, and the fight with Nihil was meh, turned out to be easy once I figured out his patterns. 

hace 3 horas, (NSW)Symberzite dijo:

HOL' UP

DETECTIVE GLASS RESONANCE IT'S CLOSE

WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM - VOID - WHO DID THIS TO THEM

THEY ARE TOUGH BUT NO GLASS IN UNBREAKABLE 

YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT'S PROTECTING THEM AND THEN TAKE YOUR SHOT 

Damn, I still can listen her, please make it stop

I was doing Jordas Golem recently. And that scene when the cephalon betrays you...it would be much better if he locked you in a room with Nora. Now that's a real trap

I disliked it because I only got to level 178 and not the 180. or prestige 148 if that's more understandable.

Seriously though the time it ran was way way way way way over the expected run time.

While fishing when the glassed morons died they blew up everything in the area which was good, except for MY DAMN FISH. :facepalm:

Until they increased the cap getting glass enemies in a mission was a pain in the rear, they gave nothing.

Hm...I'd have to say...yeah the constantly spawning glass enemies.

The last boss was disappointing, but I'm used to and don't overly mind Mario/Zelda style bosses so it wasn't that bad.

Only thing that was a bit annoying otherwise was how some of the investigation maps (especially the last one) were outrageously irritating to comb through.

I liked the concept of walking around a crime scene looking for clues, although if they do this sort of thing again I would appreciate it if I could move at more than a snails pace. Some of the clues were hidden a bit too well as well, I'd prefer the investigation to be more focused on delivering the story rather than testing my perception score (it's low). 

I thought the boss fight was a fun change of pace. I wouldn't want to see it become a norm or anything, but it was a fun Super Mario Esque miniboss to conclude the storyline. 

Glass Enemies were fine? They just showed up and got melee'd down like everything else. I don't know that I needed an announcement from Nora every single time it was happening, but it wasn't terribly annoying either. 

Archived